Game Thread: New York Knicks vs San Antonio Spurs 5/13/2021 7:30 pm [Game #70]

mafra

Legend
NYK up 2, 96-94. 1 minute left. AB passes up a wide open 3, passes to RJ, he?s ruled out of bounds.

They are reviewing.

I love that Thibs brought Ntilikina into the game for RJ for defense. Ntilikina in limited opportunities plays defense like a damn wolverine.

Lead is only 1 with 10 seconds to go. Got to get the ball in, got to avoid the trap, and got to hit FTs. This game is very much at risk.

Knicks once again do a great job at running some clock before allowing the intentional foul. RJ ices it at the line.

Knicks win!

mafra

Legend
RJ with a great bounce back game. 24 points. 30 for AB!

Huge win!

2 games left... can we get to 40 wins!!!!

We hold serve with both Hawks and Heat also winning. Need to keep winning and hope Hawks or Heat drop a game over the last 2 to move up from 6th seed.

RJ with a great bounce back game. 24 points. 30 for AB!

Huge win!

2 games left... can we get to 40 wins!!!!

40 wins in a 72 game season would be a huge accomplishment. That?s 46 wins in a normal season. Hard to believe how far we?ve come in so little time.

mafra

Legend
ATL is off until Sunday. They have 1 game left. They host HOU. How motivated will the Rockets be? Who?ll play? It?s anybody?s guess.

Now, both NYK and MiA have back-2-backs Sat-Sun. Knicks host CHA and BOS. MiA go on the road for 2, playing at MIL and at DET.

Suspect the Pistons will compete. But, again, who?ll play? They have battled lately tho.... Same with HOU a tad... both both don?t possess the talent to keep pace in a close fourth...

Now, Sat is the big bump for the Heat. Nets have a game lead, over MIL, for the second seed (home court in second round, if and when it comes to that). Nets plays Bulls at 10AM. So, I imagine MIL will come ready to play. Not sure how motivated they are though, to grab the second seed. The May be facing the Heat in the first round, if they beat them. Or, they can rest and players and hope to get the Knicks instead.

I guess we find out Sat, to see if they give it a full go. If they do, we stand a good chance... but, even if MIL wins, we?ll still
Need to head CHA/BOS for that to mean something.

I would love to get ATL and the 4 seed. Saturday night is huge!

mafra

Legend
I?ll add this, because if I were with MIL... and the Heat were the team that went to the Finals instead of me....

Well, what better sweet revenge, a dish best served cold, than to beat the Heat and keep them from the 4-5 matchup. Don?t let them get hot, win a series, get away with facing ATL or NYK.

No, way, Jose.

I want to break them. Steal it all. Take away the 4-5 matchup and force them to return to MIL... then knock them out of the playoffs for good and show the world who is the EC favorites.

If they are men, this should be their attitude Sat night. Play to win. Knock out the Heat and get bravado for a war with Nets.