Game Thread: Boston Celtics at New York Knicks - 5/16/21 1PM [Game #72]

Kiyaman

Legend
I will admit, after we lost to the Lakers I thought 4th was out of reach but we won out. Really a fantastic end to the regular season .. and no major injuries coming down the stretch of the season from Thibs 7-man rotation.
Today, was a scary exciting win, especially the final 40 sec of the game when Randle dribbles into a double team that lead to a Celtics fast break off of Randle turn-over, But Noel ran back on defense so fast to block Waters driving layup.
That play, that defensive performance says, "Resign Noel in the offseason"!
Having Noel, MitchRob, Gibson, and Obi Toppin next season as our frontcourt players gives us a win-win season.

tiger0330

Legend
Person of the Game award goes to Brad Stevens for holding out Tatum and Fournier allowing us to play like crap but still win the game and secure that 4th seed and home court.

mafra

Legend
MIL and BOS both contributed to our cause, probably bc both wanted to stick it to MIA. We?ll take it though... we?re due for some breaks.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I will admit, after we lost to the Lakers I thought 4th was out of reach but we won out. Really a fantastic end to the regular season .. and no major injuries coming down the stretch of the season from Thibs 7-man rotation.
We got a huge break by beating the Clippers. The loss to the Lakers was disappointing but all we needed was a little (reasonable) luck from either Philly or Milwaukee and beat the lower record teams. Mission accomplished! What a great feeling!

jimkcchief88

All Star
We got a huge break by beating the Clippers. The loss to the Lakers was disappointing but all we needed was a little (reasonable) luck from either Philly or Milwaukee and beat the lower record teams. Mission accomplished! What a great feeling!

I was at the edge of my down the stretch of yesterday?s game glad we pulled it out!!! Now let?s see how we can do in this tournament/playoffs. Great to see our Knicks back!!! Funny to see how many troll posters fell off when the #knickstank went off the tracks! Now let?s get into playoff mode!! Is a schedule out yet?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Not yet, i assume after the play-in tournament the NBA will release the schedule for the playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
K
Payton has played some of the worst minutes I?ve ever seen from an NBA starter today.
Just saw the Hornet Wiz game and Payton needs to get his head out of his a$$. Ish Smith came up big with the Wiz 2 stars going 14/42 and Beale only hitting 8/27 shots, he couldn?t make a bucket until the second qtr and Ish and Rolo?s scoring kept the Wiz in striking distance until some shots started falling for their AS back court. Ish did it all, defended, assisted, rebounded scored 14 pts on 11 shots. Payton is capable of helping but needs to break that slump. Hoping the days off helps him snap out of his funk.

Kiyaman

Legend
K
Just saw the Hornet Wiz game and Payton needs to get his head out of his a$$. Ish Smith came up big with the Wiz 2 stars going 14/42 and Beale only hitting 8/27 shots, he couldn?t make a bucket until the second qtr and Ish and Rolo?s scoring kept the Wiz in striking distance until some shots started falling for their AS back court. Ish did it all, defended, assisted, rebounded scored 14 pts on 11 shots. Payton is capable of helping but needs to break that slump. Hoping the days off helps him snap out of his funk.

Sorry! Payton does everything to-to SLOW for me .. He's to slow for a trapping defense, to slow going around a screen, plus when we need to speed up the tempo on offense before our opponents get back to setup their defense, we cant count on Payton to throw a lob-pass or start the fast break.