Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RunningJumper View Post
    Things aren't going too bad here. Hope you're doing great, man!

I think Rose should start with Marbury coming off the bench. Starbury's conditioning is unmatched.
    Thanks bro things are going good!

I also think thats a great point you make. It would be like having two point guards that are good enough to start for most teams
    Poster formerly known as KingStarbury3

12th man

Friend of mine said don't worry because we only lost by 2 pts with Randle having an off night shooting. But I agree with Sir Charles that they have a lot of weapons, time to start DRose if you ask me and not wait for the boys to go into 0-2 hole.

ATL would’ve been swept if they lost that game. Randle and RJ combined for 29 (when season avg vs ATL was 58) and Bullock was 0-5 from downtown.

Plus, refs sent TY to FT line 5 times in final 8 minutes, after awarding him 0 FT attempts the first 40 minutes.

And, they got 2 miracle gift 3 point shots at end of third (Randle turnover final seconds) and RJ couldn’t secure steal (final 55 seconds).

I’m other words, they got the breaks and the calls and NYK offense was terrible.

Yeah, I would say if ATL has any chance... they needed to secure that win.

In 3 regular season games, Randle averaged 37-12-7 vs ATL... he played more than 36 minutes and took 26 shots... yet only awarded 2 FT attempts, despite fact he was focal point of ATL defense and Collins played him physically....

Game at MSG. Randle home floor....

Yet it was Young who gets 9 FT attempts in the 4th

Knows the team

Angry Are YOU Pissed at the Knicks LOSS ???

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    ATL would’ve been swept if they lost that game. Randle and RJ combined for 29 (when season avg vs ATL was 58) and Bullock was 0-5 from downtown.

Plus, refs sent TY to FT line 5 times in final 8 minutes, after awarding him 0 FT attempts the first 40 minutes.

And, they got 2 miracle gift 3 point shots at end of third (Randle turnover final seconds) and RJ couldn’t secure steal (final 55 seconds).

I’m other words, they got the breaks and the calls and NYK offense was terrible.

Yeah, I would say if ATL has any chance... they needed to secure that win.

Thibs and Randle decision-making and play-calling in our first post-season game kept the Knicks team down throughout the 48 minute to a sold-out (15K pop) game in MSG. WTF
    Thibs had the chance to sit Randle on the bench a extra 6 minutes in this game in the 2nd half, plus convince Randle to stop shooting the ball when Randle were 4-16 from the fg.
    Overconfidence from the regular season 3 wins. Dummy its the Postseason games now.

In the middle of the 3rd quarter every human body in MSG knew the Knicks starters were stinking up the court having Randle as the head mama Skunk.
    All 5 of the Knicks bench players (DRose, Burks, IQ, Taj, and Obi) combine to shoot above 60% fg outscoring the Hawks lineup in the first and second half.
    Randle & Barrett combine to shoot 12-40 fg for the game .. head-coach Thibs gets 100% blame for Randle & Barrett shooting night, and the LOSS at HOME to a sold-out crowd !!!
    Last edited by Kiyaman; May 24, 2021 at 22:37.

Knows the team

In the first game match-ups .. I was 100% right about coach Thibs, Payton, Barrett, and Randle !!!
    The painful part of the game was watching the Knicks 2nd unit players come from behind to give the Knicks their first lead of the game 44-45, and on the Hawks timeout Thibs substitute the 2nd unit for starters.

PLEASE start Rose tonight....

"Over the Knicks final five regular-season games, E-Payton had more turnovers (4) than made FG’s (3), made FT’s (0) and made 3PT’s (0) combined. Payton also has more fouls (8) than total points (6). Then, in Game 1 on Sunday, he missed all three of his FG attempts and logged just eight minutes."

Knows the team

"Over the Knicks final five regular-season games, E-Payton had more turnovers (4) than made FG’s (3), made FT’s (0) and made 3PT’s (0) combined. Payton also has more fouls (8) than total points (6). Then, in Game 1 on Sunday, he missed all three of his FG attempts and logged just eight minutes."
    DRose don't want to start with Randle .. The same as when Jason Kidd did not want to start with Melo !!!
    Letting Randle play point-forward for 40 minutes a game for 2 consecutive seasons, has swollen-up Randle head into thinking he's the Knicks real PG. And becoming an all-star on Thibs team-ball defense, and DRose 2nd half high scoring for the WIN .. has Randle performing like it's all bout him.
    The reason DRose don't want to be in the starter lineup.
    Randle never pass the ball back to Payton even when he gets double team.
    If you havn't notice DRose pass the ball to everyone except Randle when they are in the same lineup.
    When Payton do get a chance to bring the ball up court, Randle at the top of the key waiting for the ball to do his shoot-first routine, when it should be Barrett at the top of key helping Payton distribute the ball to teammates. In the offseason the Knicks will have to get us a veteran PG (like CP3, Westbrook or Conley) to be our starter, plus keep the ball out of Randle hands from running the POINT .... The young Alonzo Ball won't be able to take the ball out of Randle's hands. Or convince Thibs to let him run the point 75% of the time in the lineup with Randle.

ATL shooters are 1-23 when being guarded by Randle in the series, when he is the nearest defender.

Knows the team

In the first half of the 2nd game, the Knicks performance were so poor and awful, being down by 13, having a 57-44 HalfTime ... I was ready to throw the towel in and give the series to the Hawks.
    Super Star DRose, and star role-players Taj Bullock Burks, and the two rookies gave a dynamic 2nd half performance to win the first postseason game in a very long time 2012.

In Game-3 ,, I say we start DRose & Burks, and bring bad decision making Barrett/Payton off the bench.

Veteran

This. We can’t afford to spot the Hawks a 10-15 point lead starting “Awful” Payton. Time to ride Drose and Frank, IQ, Payton can relieve Derrick as needed

Knows the team

Taking D.Rose & Taj Gibson out of the Knicks 2nd unit was not the answer.
    Putting D.Rose & Taj Gibson in the starter lineup in Game-3, and Game-4 resulted in 2 Knicks losses.
    Taking D.Rose & Taj Gibson out of the Knicks 2nd unit lineup for two games resulted in the Knicks getting two straight awful performing losses, where in Game-3 the Hawks took a 17 point lead in the 2nd qtr., and in Game-4 the Hawks took a 17 pt lead to end the 3rd qtr..

During the regular season the Knicks announcers & writers & coaches never gave any Due-credit to the Knicks 2nd unit lineup of D.Rose, Burks, Taj Gibson, and the two rookies Obi and IQ for out-scoring 65% of the Knicks opponents.
    How did the Knicks WIN Game-2? On the strength of the Knicks 2nd unit lineup digging us out of a 13 pt Hawks lead to take a Knicks 1 pt lead to end the 3rd qtr.. Plus in the 4th qtr. the 2nd unit lineup outscore the Hawks 25-17 for the Knicks first postseason win (in a very long time.).

All coach Thibs had to do after Game-2 was add some new plays for the starter-lineup to keep Capela in foul trouble by every Knicks boxing Capela out of the paint, plus add some new plays for the 2nd unit lineup vs Hawks coach Nate's 8 to 9-Man rotation.

Marv Albert to call game 5. YES!

Knows the team

Marv Albert to call game 5. YES!
    Marv Albert is my HOF Announcer ....
    Breen & Clyde who ???

Knows the team

Being 1-3 in the first round of the playoffs ... Game-5 .. I would finally like to see this season, all of the Knicks 2nd unit lineup of (D.Rose, Burks, Taj, and rookies Obi & IQ) receive 24+ plus minutes of playing-time in Game-5.
    I would luv to see the stats of Randle & Barrett receiving only 24 minute per game???
    Recall .. The Knicks record were 11-15 the day they traded for D.Rose.

I seen two seasons of a 40 min Randle, and a 35 min Barrett to know they are not creative and their athleticism is lazy most of the time. Matter fact we Knicks fans watch Randle & Barrett make the same ole moves on the court on offense/defense which seem impressive vs a different team each night. But tired in a playoff series.
    The Knicks team performance has been very impressive in the regular season. Although, all the credit for the Knicks wins and success in the regular season has been going to Thibs, Randle, or Barrett.
    The big problem no one talks bout this season are our two so-call best Knicks (Randle & Barrett) when they are put under pressure in a close crunch-time situation or in the playoffs their performance really are 1-3, lets hope not 1-4 after tomorrow game !!!
    P.S. Who would u like on the Knicks team to take the Last shot ???