Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks 5/30/2021 1:00 pm [Game #4]

Also, let?s not discount how N8 McMillan is coaching circles around Thibbs in this series.

Hawks were 27 - 11 in the regular season after McMillan took over. 30 - 12 now including the playoffs.

Sports don?t work this way, but if you project out what the Hawks have done under McMillan, they?re a borderline 60 win team in an 82 game season.

I?m a huge Thibs guy. I know he is a good coach. Nate McMillan might be a great coach.

Worth noting that Atlanta has about 50 million dollars more salary than us on the books for next season.

We have a bunch of unsigned guys, but that money gives us lots of room to build around Randle, RJ, Quickley, and Obi, who are all under contract already for next season. Bring back Rose and make 1 or 2 big rotation upgrades.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
N8 figured out how to take away Randle and we can?t stop Young. That?s why Thibbs is getting beat by N8.

Not Thibbs fault IQ and Bullock and Burks can?t hit the ocean. ATL role players making their shots.

mafra

Legend
On Julius: Randle is still rebounding and playing defense. A PG always has edge over a PF, so naturally this is easier for Trae than it is for JR.

mafra

Legend
I?m encouraged by what Obi has brought in this series. It?s a positive and it does bode well for next season.

IQ
Rose
Obi
Noel

That?s a solid second unit right there. Toss in one of the draft picks too.

RJ, Randle and Mitch will start with 2 additions...it?s a PG-rich free agent class, we have the assets to swing a deal...

We should be even better next season

Kiyaman

Legend
I slept thru this game .. Two consecutive awful losses in Atlanta .. And we can't blame a DNP Payton.
The Atlanta Hawks lead series 3-1 ....

We got annihilated in this 3rd quarter. Absolutely obliterated. At no point did we make any adjustments until we were already down 17.
Awful.

Yep, the Knicks awful performance has loss the 4th game of the postseason series by playing poorly in the 3rd quarter. The Knicks got outscored by the Hawks in the 3rd qtr. by 13 pts (35-22), and had to start the 4th qtr. down by 17 pts. Thibs 7-Man rotation in the 3rd quarter loss the Game.

Hawks knocked down everything and what they didn?t knock down, they got to the foul line on instead.
That 3rd quarter was brutal. Most of it spent watching a broken down lineup struggle to stay on the court with a team on fire.

The Knicks played their starter-lineup 8 straight minute in the 3rd quarter, until D.Rose & Gibson were replace by Burks & Noel to finish the quarter. Randle Barrett and Bullock played the entire 12 minute of the 3rd quarter. If u count Randle's offensive foul in the quarter, Randle had 5 turn-overs in the 3rd quarter.

I mean, do the Hawks miss? Every 15 seconds they?re draining a shot. Gallo is throwing down dunks. We can?t hit open layups. Atlanta has dominated us.
Why even bother with a game 5? They own us at this point.

I have to agree .. Why even bother with a Game-5 .. The Knicks has been owned by the Atlanta Hawks in all 4 Games. As a Knicks fan, "Where's the DEFENSE !!!".
The most important thing to remember bout the Knicks postseason games are head-coach Thibs are a winning head-coach in the regular season games. And a LOSER head-coach without any strategy in the postseason Games !!!

Broadway

All Star
What?s going on guys?been out of the basketball fan rotation since March

Are you guys really enjoying the playoffs? Haven?t caught much of it really. Saw most of today?s game. Basically still numb regardless of the results

Hawks look decent from what I saw

I think Nets/Celtics are on now and I really don?t care. I may watch the Clips/Mav game later

What?s going on guys?been out of the basketball fan rotation since March

Are you guys really enjoying the playoffs? Haven?t caught much of it really. Saw most of today?s game. Basically still numb regardless of the results

Hawks look decent from what I saw

I think Nets/Celtics are on now and I really don?t care. I may watch the Clips/Mav game later

Hey man. Your posting has been missed down an exciting home stretch for our guys.

I enjoyed games 1 and 2. Game 3 and 4 have been painful. Hawks look like the better team. Hoping we don?t let them finish us off on our home court.

Kiyaman

Legend
I’m encouraged by what Obi has brought in this series. It’s a positive and it does bode well for next season.

IQ
Rose
Obi
Noel

That’s a solid second unit right there. Toss in one of the draft picks too.

RJ, Randle and Mitch will start with 2 additions...it’s a PG-rich free agent class, we have the assets to swing a deal...

We should be even better next season

I been encourage by Obi Toppin & Quickley on draft night .. their consistent college performance said NBA. Although, the two rookies didn't get a chance to learn bout the team coaches during the summer league games, I knew at the start of the Covid-19 NBA season, Quickley's talent on offense/defense were much better team-baller than our poor-defense and inconsistent-offense 3rd pick RJ Barrett's terrible decision-making performance. I thought the Knicks would Fire GM Perry before the season started, so we could take poor-passing Barrett out of the starter lineup.

MitchRob has a team-ballin talent.
Taj Gibson has a team-ballin talent.
Obi Toppin has a team-ballin talent.
Bullock has a team ballin talent.
Quickley has a team-ballin talent.
Burks had a team-ballin talent in the regular season games.
Iso-D.Rose keep switching his talent of individual or team-ballin.
Iso-Barrett has a individual talent.
Iso-Randle has a individual talent.
Noel has pan-out to be a good back-up center.
Thibs 10-Man rotation of Keepers .. that had no clue of how to win a postseason series.
Next season ..
We will need a new starter PG that's good at keeping the BALL out of Randle's hands.
And a all-around SF-wing that's not afraid of contact.
Randle was our best 40 minute SF-wing this season, and a poor PF inside the paint.
The Hawks PF-Collins & PF-Gallo out-played Randle in 4 postseason games !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
N8 figured out how to take away Randle and we can’t stop Young. That’s why Thibbs is getting beat by N8.

Not Thibbs fault IQ and Bullock and Burks can’t hit the ocean. ATL role players making their shots.

Having lots of ball-movement has players moving a lot without the ball to their hot spot.
When u have ISO plays on practically every offensive-possession, teammates stand still and wonder why their running back on offense to not get a touch of the ball, unless the facilitator get double-team and throw u the ball. Yes, missed shot.

Back in the daze when Nate was with the Sonics, then head-coach of the Blazzers, so many head-coaches in the west-coast learned quickly how to stop a team that has their PF facilitating the ball as a PG the majority of the game.
Do we recall the season Carmelo Anthony finally got pass the first-round of the playoffs in his career with the Denver Nuggets?
The Denver Nuggets got Last-Shot Chauncey Billups in a trade to take the ball out of Carmelo hands throughout the season to take the Nuggets to the WCF.
And the season after that the Nuggets head coach was out for the season do to injury, and the interim head-coach put the ball back into PF-Carmelo hands to facilitate the ball that season, and the Nuggets couldn't make it pass the first round.
And we all know what happen when the Knicks signed player/coach PG-Jason Kidd to take the ball out of PF-Carmelo hands to finally win 50 games, and go to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Well, the Knicks have to find a leadership PG in the offseason to take the ball out of PF-Randle hands.