Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Yeah, I’m not sure I want the 37 yr-old Lowry, unless it’s a cheep, team-friendly deal.

I noticed IQ with Rose as his floor mate was a vastly superior player than the version we got when he was thrust into that alpha mode. But he’s young, and hopefully he’s a piece that helps us trade for an upgrade in talent.

The coaching squeezed lemonade from a pile of rocks. Credit Hunter for holding Randle to just under 30% shooting. That’s when using a lottery picks on defense makes a difference. Frank? He made a difference, just in a bad way.

Anyway, I hope we have a from office that can handle the upgrade. Up to the execs Rose and Perry to prove their worthy. We’ll soon see if they are worthy.

Lots of work to do.... we lack talent.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Strongly Disagree on Rose on both tour of duties, he simply isn’t needed if we actually address our PG issue

If IQ isn’t the solution and he’s likely not, then IQ is the backup point guard…THE END!

We need a Kyle Lowry or Kemba Walker without the $35mil price tag. A PG who truly can run a team, play a full season, doesn’t need to score but is capable, and can get us 8-10ast/night
    Wow Broadway you sat out most the season and the playoffs and and now your contribution is Kyle Lowry is better than Drose at 37? Whatever credibility you had left is gone now.

Knows the team

Well, Knicks fans this is what we got from the Knicks playoffs ....
    We got Piss-Poor coaching in Game-1
    We got poor coaching in the first half of Game-2
    We got Piss Poor coaching in Game-3
    We got Piss Poor coaching in Game-4
    And we had 5 minute of Garbage-Time in Game-5
    Season over !!!

A five game playoff season of Thibs Piss Poor Coaching to deal with in the offseason.
    Hopefully, we hire an assistant head-coach like Nate McMillan to replace Woodard in the offseason.
    Good Night Knicks Fans .. We had a winning Covid-19 regular season .. Smile !!!

I think we had a great season, maybe we got overhyped because of the season results, but what we achieved in one season without brining any major players is massive.
    the biggest issue in our playoff is not JR, it is the rest of the team, nobody showed up to pose a threat on the hawks so they were very comfortable doubling and sometimes tripling the defense on JR..... as opposed to Trae Young, who we could not double team because the other players were posing a threat and can't be left alone...... it is Tom's job to draw plays to involve other players too, not only have JR as the focal point. ball was flowing much better when JR was not on the floor because other players felt that they should do something, while when he is on the floor they just feed him the ball and see what will happen....

Knows the team

All season it was .. Randle Randle Randle!
    And take Payton out of the starter lineup!
    Put rookie Quickley in the starter lineup!
    Then put D.Rose in the starter lineup!
    In the regular season Payton started 63 games out of the 72 game season.
    The reason Payton always looked so bad on the court, is because Randle never move without the ball and never go down low into the paint like a real PF. Randle is always at the top of the key begging for the ball on practically every Knicks offensive possession.
    If anyone watched all 3 of the Knicks wins over the Hawks in the regular season, they would know it was Barrett, Burks, and Quickley's scoring in the 4th quarter, and down the stretch of the game that won. Randle's 40 pts in each game came from being the PG in 40 plus minutes.
    In those 3 regular season games, the Hawk players and coaches notice the positive & negatives in Randle's 40 min performance.
    Randle don't move without the ball.
    Randle take's 20 plus ISO shots per game.
    Randle lives on the perimeter on offense.
    Randle gets a touch of the ball on 90% on offense.
    Randle have to dribble the ball before shooting.
    Randle don't pick, or screen, or box-out for his teammates.
    But that's not the reason the Knicks LOSS the playoff series 4-1 !!!

Thibs coaching, substitution, and poor Game-Plan for each game.
    The Knicks were suppose to get SWEEP under coach Thibs Game-Plan each game.
    D.Rose and Taj Gibson three months of mentoring the 2nd unit bench lineup to perform on the same-page, paid off in the 2nd half of Game-2, by erasing the Hawks 13 pt lead at the end of the 3rd quarter, plus giving the Knicks a lead, and stretching the lead in the 4th quarter.
    After Game-2 WIN .. The Knicks coach Thibs never put that 2nd unit lineup back on the court in Game-3, or Game-4, or Game-5 .. which resulted in 3 straight LOSSES !!!
    `
    +

Knows the team

The Knicks #1 fan Spike Lee .. Having 5 min remaining in Game-5, Spike Lee were packing-up his stuff to leave !!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Wow Broadway you sat out most the season and the playoffs and and now your contribution is Kyle Lowry is better than Drose at 37? Whatever credibility you had left is gone now.
    I didn’t say Kyle Lowry was a better player, although last 5yrs suggest Lowry has been. It had more to do with PG profiling but hey maybe I was talking over your head…who knows 🤷🏾*♂️
    Last edited by Broadway; Jun 04, 2021 at 00:38.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I didn’t say Kyle Lowry was a better player, although last 5yrs suggest Lowry has been. It had more to do with PG profiling but hey maybe I was talking over your head…who knows 🤷🏾*♂️
    Not really I’ve been saying for years we need a real PG and I like Kyle Lowry but not at his age. Drose was our most consistent player during the playoffs, but he broke down at the end because of heavy minutes and age.