2021 Draft Talk

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Chad Ford says NYK aggressively trying to trade up for OR guard Chris Duarte

Do they think Chris Duarte is a future superstar? IMO if we trade up to get someone like Davion Mitchell or Moses Moody that's one thing, but trading up to get guy like Chris Duarte seems like an unwise move. Trade up should be for a guy you think is a legit all-star type player and I've not read a single thing which suggests that Duarte is that good.

I'd rather them roll the dice on Chris Duarte being available at #19. If he's not there then you take whatever PG is remaining because that's by far our biggest need

mafra

Legend
I did read elsewhere that Davion was their other choice (and probably their most reasonable dream choice, IMHO). Indiana might be a willing partner, so we shall see.

Lakers nearing trade for Russell Westbrook.

Lakers would be giving up Kuzma, Harrell, Caldwell-Pope, and 2021 draft pick.

Seems like Lakers getting a real discount on this one.

Knicks take Kai Jones at 19 to trade him to Charlotte, as per Woj. Knicks will be receiving a future 1st round pick. Knicks couldn?t find a way to get Duarte, so now they?re deferring assets. I?m okay with that.

Keon Johnson at 21. I like the pick. Arguably best athlete in draft. Can make plays on both ends. Can?t shoot, but he can do a lot of other things at a lottery pick caliber level.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks take Kai Jones at 19 to trade him to Charlotte, as per Woj. Knicks will be receiving a future 1st round pick. Knicks couldn?t find a way to get Duarte, so now they?re deferring assets. I?m okay with that.

The Knicks FO sold out the 2 first rounders for $$$ !!!

mafra

Legend
The got Grimes. Landry Field 3&D type, with more upside. Probably looking at PG from WVU with next pick. 2 defensive minded work horses who Thibbs can mold.

Kiyaman

Legend
Keon dealt to LAC for 25th pick and future 1st.

Looks like PG from WVU our target, me guess

Wsup .. McBride cant be the only player we worked out ???
Quentin Grimes !!!
Our Knicks Summer-League games maybe suspect without Obi & IQ .. we need a young strong 6.7 SF not afraid of scoring inside baskets.

Trust the process I guess. Keep turning picks into more picks while still adding players you can use. Grimes can shoot and play D. Fits a need. Doesn?t look like anything huge is coming out of this draft for us. Glad our front office didn?t panic though and overpay to try to make a splash with nothing more than a B tier prospect.

mafra

Legend
A future CHA 1st a better asset, if NyK want to trade for a player this summer, than taking a player at 19.

Some notes on Quentin Grimes:

- one of only 2 NCAA players who ranked in the top 10 in both offensive and defensive rating this last season

- one of only 5 NCAA players who shot over 40% on over 200 attempts from 3 this last season

- he?s being selected at pick #25 by the same front office who hit big with Immanuel Quickley at #25 last draft

I?m liking this pick more and more.

Maybe most important factor in the Grimes pick was that he was a guy that Thibodeau wanted, reportedly. Thibodeau knows what players will succeed in his game plans.

LOL. Knicks take Jeremiah Robinson-Earl who becomes the 3rd player they draft tonight that will be traded. JRE will be traded to OKC. No idea what Knicks will get back.