Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    If KW is that good why is OKC buying him out? Is there something wrong with Walker? He doesn't fit in Hornets, He doesn't fit for the Celtics, and now a buyout at OKC!!

Alarm bells are going off in my head that it isn't something right with this player. JUST ME!!
    OKC has infinite draft picks and will continue to use cap space created by buyout to end up with 20 more picks by the time they’re done. Trading for Kemba already got them a 1st round pick from Boston which they’ve since turned into two more 1st round picks. Sam Presti has no interest in veterans. He wants to play his young players, stay in the lottery, and keep accumulating picks.

Kemba has knee issues but he’s a PG who averaged 19 and 5 last season and we’re getting him on what sounds like a 1 year deal for 8 million. Not sure how anyone can have a problem with rolling with this move unless you’d rather we bring back Elfrid Payton for similar money.

I thought so.... forgetting that Walker is a injury risk for the last few years. Drowning People grab after straws!!

From NY Post:
    "Walker never considered the Knicks when he left Charlotte for Boston as a free agent in 2019 because his family felt playing in his hometown would create too many distractions, sources said at the time".
    So what happen to the many distractions?? Nobody wants him anymore with a big contract and being injury-prone.

Desperation on both the Knicks part and his. WHY??

Wait and develop your own player and stop with these stop-gap players. If you think that much of IQ then try him at PG(it would be a disaster but he is 6'3").

This team look like a Frankstein monster built of spare player from teams that discard them or they died.

There a term in gambling that "All money ain't good money". Just think about it before you start jumping up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    OKC has infinite draft picks and will continue to use cap space created by buyout to end up with 20 more picks by the time they’re done. Trading for Kemba already got them a 1st round pick from Boston which they’ve since turned into two more 1st round picks. Sam Presti has no interest in veterans. He wants to play his young players, stay in the lottery, and keep accumulating picks.

Kemba has knee issues but he’s a PG who averaged 19 and 5 last season and we’re getting him on what sounds like a 1 year deal for 8 million. Not sure how anyone can have a problem with rolling with this move unless you’d rather we bring back Elfrid Payton for similar money.
    I never wanted Payton to begin with... So let get that straight.

Your first paragraph is what I have been saying we should be doing as a team. Because NO STARS WANT TO COME TO THE KNICKS. So I agree with OKC method of doing business. They are trying to build from within which is a very smart move. I don't see that with this F.O. and definitely not with this move.

Not to trying to argue with you about this. Just tell me how does this benefit us for one year with a often injury player? Wouldn't this one year be better service giving the PG(whole year) to let say Frank? Am I missing something??

12th man

No Payton this year, buddy. We got Kemba!
    Now Perry has to find a home for Payton. Pretty sure his deal is done, so Perry will have to wait until Dec to trade him.

12th man

I never wanted Payton to begin with... So let get that straight.

Your first paragraph is what I have been saying we should be doing as a team. Because NO STARS WANT TO COME TO THE KNICKS. So I agree with OKC method of doing business. They are trying to build from within which is a very smart move. I don't see that with this F.O. and definitely not with this move.

Not to trying to argue with you about this. Just tell me how does this benefit us for one year with a often injury player? Wouldn't this one year be better service giving the PG(whole year) to let say Frank? Am I missing something??
    If you weigh the pluses and minuses of acquiring Kemba, my bet the consensus will be the Knicks made out like bandits in acquiring a 4 time AS on a one year 8M deal. He'll play his ass off for his next contract while a Knick. Bottom line is we got a starting caliber PG for this season which was a priority this off season.

How does the offense scheme change??
    On paper(plus and minuses) this looks good.
    Team Chemistry isn't built by signing an often injury player and he walks onto the floor. Habits and routines are hard to break... If you don't think so go back to the ATL series and look at the offense. It reverted back to two years ago where Randle was threwing the ball away, getting caught up in traffic, RJ being his rookie self.

Even if Walker stays healthy will the offense scheme change to benefit the team. This team is to vested in Randle/RJ(which is a big problem). How do you weave Walker/Fournier into the offense that gauged around Randle/RJ?

These questions much be answered or you will hate the end of the year results.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    If you weigh the pluses and minuses of acquiring Kemba, my bet the consensus will be the Knicks made out like bandits in acquiring a 4 time AS on a one year 8M deal. He'll play his ass off for his next contract while a Knick. Bottom line is we got a starting caliber PG for this season which was a priority this off season.
    Wishful thinking about him playing his ass off!!
    What if his ass(as you put it) is injury an on the bench? We been had a PG sitting on the bench for the 4 years and the F.O. wouldn't invest playing time into him. D.S., Mudiay, Payton all were bought in because Perry didn't like Frank. If he had invest playing time into Frank like he has done with RJ this team would be a lot better. So PG being a priority is something new.

We will learn to regret the next 5 years!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I’m hearing Kemba will get roughly 8 mil a year. Mr McBride better hope for an injury…

Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer
    ·
    14m
    In EACH of the last five seasons, Kemba Walker has averaged more than 19 points, more than 4 assists and 3+ made 3-pointers per game.

In the 75 years history of the Knicks franchise, no PG has ever averaged at least 19 points and 4 dimes and 3 treys in any single season.
    I’m happy with the deal major upgrade at PG position now Drose can slide to back-up PG where he shined. I don’t know what “Dumb Raider” is talking about but I propose we give him a character count max. Ignore list on the way for you “Dumb Raider”😂

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    I’m happy with the deal major upgrade at PG position now Drose can slide to back-up PG where he shined. I don’t know what “Dumb Raider” is talking about but I propose we give him a character count max. Ignore list on the way for you “Dumb Raider”😂
    C’mon, chief, you’re really going to go ahead and just start this feud up again like this?

I believe it’s a 2 year deal for 8-9 mil. Beats reading for him and his contract, beats giving DS 90 mil, or throwing 30 mil at RJax.

NYK got a 50 win team!

Veteran

C’mon, chief, you’re really going to go ahead and just start this feud up again like this?
    Yup. Dude pops up once in a blue moon and when he does it’s stupid, troll type posts. I come here for INTELLIGENT Knicks-talk. It’s ok to disagree, but have a lucid point not mindless dribble. If I wanted basketball comic relief I can watch re-runs of Shaq vs Chuck on YouTube. “It’s supposed to be 1-2-3, not 1-2 and back to 1 dumbass😂😂”

CÂ’mon, chief, youÂ’re really going to go ahead and just start this feud up again like this?
    Don't waste your time on stupidity. There never any substitute for intelligent.

Veteran

Fan favorite and leader of the bench cheering, Theo Pinson, likely to be brought back on 2-way contract.

Knows the team

Thumbs down

If KW is that good why is OKC buying him out? Is there something wrong with Walker? He doesn't fit in Hornets, He doesn't fit for the Celtics, and now a buyout at OKC!!

Alarm bells are going off in my head that it isn't something right with this player. JUST ME!!
    Alarm Bells .. World War 3 Bells !!!
    HELL TO THE NO !!!
    I don't want to see Kemba Walker in a Knicks uniform.
    Kemba has always equal to be another Payton .. A Back-Up PG without any creative playmaking skills.
    Two yrs ago, I watch Tatum, Brown, and Smart do their best to help improve Kemba skills on the olympics team. Boston dont want him, OKC dont want him, even the Hornets dont want him.

Leon Rose and company has to go .. we are headed for another 30 win season.