Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Burks was huge in the 4th quarter in so many close games. Noel played like an elite defender off the bench for us.

Noel is 27. Burks is 30. Keeping these guys at around a combined 20 million a year for next 3 years is a sensible move.

Veteran

Knicks still with 31 million in cap space after Burks and Noel deals. Gives them ability to bring back Rose and Bullock or pursue someone like Fournier or Dinwiddie.

Berman says Rose likely to RW-sign with Knicks. Bullock heading to DAL

Veteran

THJ gets 4 years, 74 million from Dallas. Dallas also reportedly signing Reggie Bullock.

Veteran

Woj reporting that Knicks will be getting Evan Fournier on a 4 year deal worth as much as 78 million.

Yeah, just when you were believing the new regime had a clue… and we’re cool with bidding time until something good comes along…

We go and do this! The dude is always injured and he looked awful n playoffs, playing with Brown and Tatum.

All I have to say is: Yuck!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    5m
    Free agent Evan Fournier has agreed to a four-year deal that could be worth as much as $78M with the New York Knicks, source tells ESP

If we sign Dennis Schroeder too, I am officially ending my relationship with the NYK. This signing hurts…

Decent player but not worth the money. Better off using the cap space to absorb a bad contract and get future assets.

He’ll miss 40 games and won’t be a difference maker when on the court. So, have to ask yourself why?

Veteran

Derrick Rose re-signs with Knicks for 3 years 43 million.

Veteran

Knicks have more or less spent all their cap space on Fournier, Rose, Noel, and Burks.

All deals are 3 years with Fournier also getting a team option for a 4th year.

I think this roster is going to be in play again for a mid seed in the East (4 to 6), but we’re still lightyears away from competing with the elite in the East.

Veteran

I think the conversation to be had is whether it is better to continue to sit on the league’s most cap space year after year or spend it on players you can when you know off-season after off-season you are never a destination for star players.

The good news for the Knicks is that none of their contracts are that big. Every contract should be movable with limited difficulty because they are all under 20 million per year (except for Randle’s eventual deal).

Veteran

Lonzo Ball got 4 years 85 million. Jarrett Allen got 5 years 100 million.

Neither of those deals would make me feel any better than 3 years 57 million (or whatever it averages out to) for Fournier minus that 4th year team option.
    Last edited by htr10; Aug 02, 2021 at 21:42.

Obviously, Rose is bidding his time for a Dame or Beal trade, and next year’s free agent class. Then, most likely, it’s Wait for Zion, and any other star of the week.

I get we need shooting, but why gamble money on a nondescript oft-injured losing player? Has to be better options… better use of the space.

Unless, of course, the goal is to battle for the 6th seed and being competitive in first round.

EF doesn’t make you a contending club, he’s not a 1-2-or-3 option. When you are a borderline lottery team, you don’t use cap space for this. You accumulate assets!!!

Veteran

Fournier definitely doesn’t make us a contender, but he makes our starting lineup better.

I assume our starters will be MRob, Randle, RJ, Fournier, and Rose.

Fournier replaces Reggie Bullock. Fournier is just as good a 3 point shooter as Bullock, but unlike Bullock, Fournier can create his own shot and draw fouls to get to the line. Fournier is a better passer than Bullock. Bullock is the better defender but Fournier is not a defensive liability.

I’d rather rather have Fournier at 19 million per year for 3 years than Bullock at 10 million per year for 3 years (deal he got from Dallas).

That 4th year team option makes the Fournier deal look worse than it is. If you subtract out the team option I’m assuming the deal looks more like 3 years for 57 million. We had the cap space for the upgrade and no one else to spend it on.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Obviously, Rose is bidding his time for a Dame or Beal trade, and next year’s free agent class. Then, most likely, it’s Wait for Zion, and any other star of the week.

I get we need shooting, but why gamble money on a nondescript oft-injured losing player? Has to be better options… better use of the space.

Unless, of course, the goal is to battle for the 6th seed and being competitive in first round.

EF doesn’t make you a contending club, he’s not a 1-2-or-3 option. When you are a borderline lottery team, you don’t use cap space for this. You accumulate assets!!!
    These less than 20 million per year contracts of 3 years or less don’t scare me. I think they’re very movable. Our front office keeps accumulating picks. If you need to move a deal that’s got 1 or 2 years left at 18 to 19 million per year, you can probably do it by packaging a 2nd round pick to one of the teams that’s always tanking with cap space each season.

We’d probably have to add a similar or worse contract with our cap space to get an asset from another team and getting 1st round picks seems hard unless you take a really bad contract back.

In the meantime, if adding another scorer maybe gets you from a 45 win team to 50 win team, I think it makes sense.

Veteran

You know what makes me think more than anything our front office is doing a better job now?

WE DIDN’T BRING BACK ELFRID PAYTON AGAIN!