2021 Knicks Summer League

Kiyaman

Legend
https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-open-nba-summer-league-against-raptors/

List of Team Confirmed Rosters
https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2021-nba-summer-league-roster-tracker/

Schedule
https://www.nba.com/knicks/features/2021-knicks-summer-league-schedule

Sounds like Quick, Toppin, Vildoza (after Olympics), Knox, possibly Barrett will be joining our draft picks in Las Vegas. At the very least, you know those practices will set the tone early.

PG- Vildoza/McBride/Jokubaitis
SG- Quickley/Grimes
SF- Barrett/Knox
PF- Toppin
C- Sims/Simms

We have some other familiar names on the roster?
Travis Reid (formerly Kentucky)
Justin Patton (former Westchester)

I would like for Knox to start playing closer to the paint on defense to dominate the boards by playing both forward position alongside of Obi to confuse opponents, plus both forwards blocking as many shots as they can throughout the SLG.
On offense I want both Knox & Obi slashing to the hoop for alley-oop passes, plus taking the majority of their shots inside the paint. As forwards practice on switching and staying on the same-page with teammates without living on the perimeter. Save the 3-Ball shooting for the regular season games.

I'm hoping to see my young-core super-star Quickley play the PG position alongside rookie Grimes, then switch it up to have Quickley play the SG position alongside rookie McBride.

Rookie Sims may show us in his SLG performance why he should've been drafted way before 58. A Knicks Steal !!!

The Knicks don't have one decent SF to help-out on offense or defense on the SL roster.
Hopefully, some of the familiar names we added to the SL roster step-up to fulfill the SF position. A lot of Knicks fans believe the Knicks were gonna trade down from their 19th draft pick to get a 6.7 shooter SF-Corey Kispert the missing piece in last season performance.
I'm not a fan of RJ Barrett, because he's been inconsistent at the SG position for 2 seasons, plus Barrett has problems defending the average NBA SF.
I actually wanted RJ Barrett's individual performance traded on draft night.

If Knox doesn?t come out and look to dominate, then I won?t know what to say about him. He needs to just go full Summer League superstar if he plays on playing in any real NBA games this year.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/knicks-open-nba-summer-league-against-raptors/

List of Team Confirmed Rosters
https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2021-nba-summer-league-roster-tracker/

Schedule
https://www.nba.com/knicks/features/2021-knicks-summer-league-schedule

Sounds like Quick, Toppin, Vildoza (after Olympics), Knox, possibly Barrett will be joining our draft picks in Las Vegas. At the very least, you know those practices will set the tone early.

PG- Vildoza/McBride/Jokubaitis
SG- Quickley/Grimes
SF- Barrett/Knox
PF- Toppin
C- Sims/Simms

We have some other familiar names on the roster…
Travis Reid (formerly Kentucky)
Justin Patton (former Westchester)

I would like for Knox to start playing closer to the paint on defense to dominate the boards by playing both forward position alongside of Obi to confuse opponents, plus both forwards blocking as many shots as they can throughout the SLG.
On offense I want both Knox & Obi slashing to the hoop for alley-oop passes, plus taking the majority of their shots inside the paint. As forwards practice on switching and staying on the same-page with teammates without living on the perimeter. Save the 3-Ball shooting for the regular season games.

I'm hoping to see my young-core super-star Quickley play the PG position alongside rookie Grimes, then switch it up to have Quickley play the SG position alongside rookie McBride.

Rookie Sims may show us in his SLG performance why he should've been drafted way before 58. A Knicks Steal !!!

The Knicks don't have one decent SF to help-out on offense or defense on the SL roster.
Hopefully, some of the familiar names we added to the SL roster step-up to fulfill the SF position. A lot of Knicks fans believe the Knicks were gonna trade down from their 19th draft pick to get a 6.7 shooter SF-Corey Kispert the missing piece in last season performance.
I'm not a fan of RJ Barrett, because he's been inconsistent at the SG position for 2 seasons, plus Barrett has problems defending the average NBA SF.
I actually wanted RJ Barrett's individual performance traded on draft night.

I agree with you!!

Can I add that maybe MRob be add to the lineup. Perfect time to work on a jumper, huh. How can a team let a player not develop a jumper? F.O. should have since him to the G-League and run plays for him.

Looks like our first Summer League game is Sunday. Looking forward to it.

I feel like we have a few guys who are going to want to come out and flex now that our roster has filled out. There definitely is going to be some competition for minutes at the back half of the rotation if the rookies play well.

I would love to see some real competition during pre-season practice. We have seen a competitive practice in years. F.O. pencil in who is starting and that it. Does anyone remember last year pre-season practice at the Rockets. They had competition between the vet's and rookies. Harden got so mad at the rookies he threw a ball at them. That Real Competition and Real Practice!!

Something you want see with the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
This is the schedule for the games. Looking forward to seeing if Vildoza looks NBA ready. Read that Grimes is as good as Knox right now, if he is he should excel in SL like Knox did.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]NEW YORK, NY[/FONT] (July 28, 2021) – The NBA announced today the game and broadcast schedules for MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2021, which will take place Aug. 8-17 at Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. The New York Knicks matchups are as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday, August 8 vs. Toronto - 4:30PM ET on ESPN2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday, August 10 at LA Lakers - 10:00PM ET on ESPN2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday, August 13 at Detroit - 8:00PM ET on NBA TV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday, August 14 - 8:00PM ET on ESPN2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The team will also play a fifth game on either Monday, August 16 or Tuesday, August 17.[/FONT]

Kiyaman

Legend
How did the Jazz get two SL teams .. Blue & White ???

Today, hopefully we will see how well the tandem of Obi & IQ (Stocton & Malone) work together for 24 + minute of playing-time.

Kiyaman

Legend
C: Jericho Sims.
PF: Obi Toppin.
SF: Quentin Grimes.
SG: Immanuel Quickley.
PG: Rokas Jokubaitis.

6th man: Miles McBride.
7th man: Luca Vildoza.

This squad should win us our first ever Summer League Championship (while having the basketball world raving about our younger youth of potential).

PS: The reason why I've got Rokas Jokubaitis as our starting PG and not Miles McBride is I've been reading reports on how if Rokas Jokubaitis SHINES throughout Summer League that he'll make the jump to the NBA this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Since we are talking Summer League and the Knicks start off with the Raptor I figured I would post their Summer League Roster.
Jalen Adams- G
Delano Banton- G (2021 Draft Rd. 2)
Scottie Barnes- F (2021 Draft Rd. 1)
Justin Champagnie- F
Zaccheus Darko-Kelly- F
Malachi Flynn- G
Freddie Gillespie- C
Ashton Hagans- G
Rayshaun Hammonds- F
David Johnson- G (2021 Draft Rd. 2)
Anas Mahmoud- C
Isiaha Mike- F
Matt Morgan- G
Ishmail Wainright- F
Yuta Watanabe- F

Toppin looks like a force of nature when you watch his offensive play inside the 3 point line. His 3 point shooting on the other hand, not good.

Kiyaman

Legend
The first game .. and 4th pick Barnes look like the truth.
Im glad the Knicks showed they could climb back from being down by 12 in the 2nd qtr.
Down by 2 at halftime .. Quickley Obi and Sims trio performance are gonna win the Knicks lots of SL games.
Grimes and McBride and Vildoza are big question marks ???
Jericho Sims (58th pick). Even the announcers said he looks like the biggest STEAL.

Quickley needs to get calls to be effective. These refs clearly under instructions to call as few fouls as possible in these Summer League games.

Be prepared for a season of me going berserk every game where we don?t feed Toppin inside the 3 point line. He is almost unstoppable when he gets the ball inside the arc. He is awful when he is relying on 3 point shooting.

Toronto better today thanks to Scottie Barnes and Malachi Flynn, but definitely some things to like.

Toppin led all scorers with 24 points, but shot 2 for 10 from 3 point range. I?m guessing working on his 3 point game is an emphasis of Summer League for him, but no way should he be featuring his long range game with how lethal he can be taking his man to the hoop.

Jericho Sims with an MRob-type performance. He is crazy athletic. Jumped 3 feet above the rim on an alley oop.

If you subtract out Toppin?s 3 point shooting, he was 8 for 11 from the floor featuring mainly contested drives to the hoop. I mean, c?mon, let this man be an inside scorer this season.