Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Veteran

Sims is raw, but he jumps 50 feet in the air. Crazy vertical for a big man.

Veteran

I’ve gone from wondering if Grimes and McBride could play well enough to contribute in the regular season to wondering how Thibs is going to get either of these guys rotation minutes.

Jalen chickened out. Dude quite on his HS and his college team. He has much to prove. Talent is legit, but don’t tell me he had a better SL than Grimes

Knows the team

If Grimes & McBride come into Preseason camp with the same consistent dynamics on offense/defense they had in the past three SL games, the two rookies are gonna come off the bench in the regular season games to save (B....) coach Thibs season the same way D.Rose & Quickley did last season.
    I have to admit, the guard tandem of Grimes & McBride are very Raw, but the more playing-time they receive during the regular-season will improve their dynamic defense, and eventually make them a creative weapon on offense.
    Jericho Sims is an athletic keeper in need of rookie playing-time to get on par with other NBA front-court big-men.
    The Knicks had FOUR picks in the 2021 draft .. The 2021 Draft class were strong at the Small-Forward position and Point-Forward position .. A position the Knicks has been very weak at after trading Marcus Morris, and not resigning Bullock, leaving us with Knox, and 3 SG (Evans, Burks, Barrett) to forfill the SF position next season. When we could have used the 19th pick to get a SF.
    One of these rookie Forwards below will win the 2021-22 ROY ....
    Cade Cunningham, Scottie Barnes, Jonathan Kuminga, Jalen Johnson, Chris Duarte, Josh Giddey, Franz Wagner, and Corey Kispert.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Jalen chickened out. Dude quite on his HS and his college team. He has much to prove. Talent is legit, but don’t tell me he had a better SL than Grimes
    He did .. his all-around consistency in each SL game prove he's a rotation player !!!

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I’ve gone from wondering if Grimes and McBride could play well enough to contribute in the regular season to wondering how Thibs is going to get either of these guys rotation minutes.
    Kemba Walker KNEES !!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Kemba Walker KNEES !!!
    Yeah exactly

Kemba Walker knees, D-Rose knees...right now we're worried about getting minutes for Grimes and McBride, watch by February they'll be playing 30 mins/game cause nobody's healthy

Are either of them going to start in the G-League or are they going to come straight to the NBA? I'm worried that if they sit on the bench for too long they won't develop

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero View Post
    Yeah exactly

Kemba Walker knees, D-Rose knees...right now we're worried about getting minutes for Grimes and McBride, watch by February they'll be playing 30 mins/game cause nobody's healthy

Are either of them going to start in the G-League or are they going to come straight to the NBA? I'm worried that if they sit on the bench for too long they won't develop
    As much of a taskmaster that Thibs is he better load manage Kemba and DRose. Both guys should not play more than 25-28 mins a night with no back to backs. Looks like that Euro Vildoza has fallen out of favor, he had a poor Olympics and didn't do much in Summer League so IQ is going to be key this season.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero View Post
    Yeah exactly

McBride & Grimes dynamic young defensive skills will get a fair share of playing-time in their rookie season for many reasons .. Walker, Evans, and Barrett's defensive chemistry has always been question by their team & their coaches. Plus Walker & Rose Knees are gonna need lots of rest the first half of the season to be healthy for the grit & grind in the midseason games.

The Memphis Grizzlies Super-Star Ja Morant made the best offseason trade move in the NBA when the Grizz Traded G Eric Bledsoe to Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for C Daniel Oturu, and two dynamic veteran defensive guards in Patrick Beverley and Rajon Rondo .... It's a shame, Leon Rose & Perry don't think that far !!!