Knicks new addition Kemba Walker & Evan Fournier

Kiyaman

Legend

The Celtics essentially traded a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, and took on Al Horford's contract for Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier to walk to the Knicks for cap space.

Fournier maybe more consistent and have a more well rounded offensive game than Bullock. But Bullock's all-around hustle performance were a keeper we could bring off the bench.

OKC traded for Walker and the 16th pick in the July Draft, and already flipped that for two future firsts in a draft night deal. Remaining value of trade for OKC allows them to distribute minutes to their young players as they transition into rebuild this season.
Walker had two years and $74m left on his deal with OKC. Hearing that the buyout allows Knicks to make a deal into their space - they have a roster spot and no need to cut anyone to add salary cap space for more money.

Kemba Walker's individual scoring are a better offensive player and a more consistent player than Payton. Kemba as a defender will make us miss Payton's defensive-effort.

Chemistry between Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier. Walker knee doesn't concern Knick fans I don't know what will. That report on his knee was nothing short of saying you will only get a limited amount of games out of him.

As for Chemistry.... Maybe they forgot there of 3 other players that never played with either. So if you understand Chemistry from High School you know there are some elements you don't mix together. I would not trust the head Chemist Perry and L. Rose. If you do go luck with that.

tiger0330

Legend
Those two have something to prove for sure. Brown, Tatum, Kemba and Fournier looked good on paper for the Celts but were a disappointment last season, can't say it was their skill level that caused Stevens to break up that group so it had to be chemistry.

You would have thought that Boston would have given them another year to gel a little bit better. I have to believe that Steven saw that formula wasn?t going to work. The knee problem most likely doomed idea of keeping them together. Better future with Tatum and Brown.

We will take a chance on any team mistakes thinking we have the solution.

Kiyaman

Legend
You would have thought that Boston would have given them another year to gel a little bit better. I have to believe that Steven saw that formula wasn’t going to work. The knee problem most likely doomed idea of keeping them together. Better future with Tatum and Brown.

We will take a chance on any team mistakes thinking we have the solution.

The Boston Celtricks traded Kemba Walker 2 yr. $74M contract ASAP with the quickness when they found out his Knees are not gonna be worth half of his contract $$$ money.
And Evan Fournier 9 yr experience never mastering the SG or SF position, but being an efficient scorer made Boston trade for him on the deadline for extra scoring in the playoffs, which Evans postseason performance didn't do so well in his contract year.

Now everybody is pounding on their chest talking about what great moves we made in F.A. The whole league has to be thinking these are some of the dumbest No BB Knowledge people in the league.
F.O. will spin an action to the Knicks fan base making it seem they are doing wonder. Fan base falls for this stupidity and saying Yeah What a great job. Never asking a question ?how is his knee???

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, one thing is for certain Kemba & Fournier for 30 minutes per game will make the Knicks a worse defensive team, but on the flip side the two players will take some pressure off of Rose, RJ, and Randle on offense being shot-creators. I guess Rose/Perry are depending on coach Thibs defensive coaching to make Kemba & Evan's 2-way players.

Signing Kemba Walkers (Knees) after being traded by one team, then the next team buying him out all within a month time, says the Knicks should've signed FA PG Dennis Schroder the next day.
Signing Evan Fournier after he was traded on the deadline, plus showed a poor defensive performance in the postseason games, and in the French Olympics too, says the Knicks should've resign Bullock's strong defensive performance before signing Fournier.

Wouldn?t keeping Frank and starting him make more sense?? If you start RJ for almost 40 minutes a game certainly Frank can?t hurt you.

mafra

Legend
Frank lost a playoff game getting just 11 seconds of playing time. He slipped and couldn?t even keep Young in front of him. He was and is an awful bball player.

I would rather you play 40 minutes a night than ever see Frank play for NYK again.

tiger0330

Legend
Wouldn’t keeping Frank and starting him make more sense?? If you start RJ for almost 40 minutes a game certainly Frank can’t hurt you.
You have got to be kidding comparing RJ to Nits?? Nits scored 20 pts once in the 4 years with the Knicks, lost a lot of games to nagging injuries as well while RJ has been an iron man compared to Nits. Over rated defender as well imo, with many nights where he had 0 steals and blocks. Mudiay who was better is out of the league just signing in Lithuania, I see the same for Nits playing in France next season.

Kiyaman

Legend
You have got to be kidding comparing RJ to Nits?? Nits scored 20 pts once in the 4 years with the Knicks, lost a lot of games to nagging injuries as well while RJ has been an iron man compared to Nits. Over rated defender as well imo, with many nights where he had 0 steals and blocks. Mudiay who was better is out of the league just signing in Lithuania, I see the same for Nits playing in France next season.

RJ Barrett's stand-still RAW-Flawed performance on offense/defense for over 30 minute per game because he was the 3rd pick in the draft gave the Knicks a 21-41 season. And in that 62 game season RJ Barrett received more playing-time doing nothing on the court, than Frank received in 4 seasons with the Knicks.
Cam would've been a better pick, RJ is lost as a guard & SF position.
When Phil Jackson got FIRED, we all knew his trades and draft picks were out the door.
Phil traded for D.Rose, and Perry refuse to resign D.Rose.
Was it Perry's (or Leon) decision to trade for D.Rose last season? Or was it coach Thibs idea?

No I'm not kidding you to compare Frank to RJ!! Yes, Frank scored 20 pt once in 4 years with the Knicks. What our record with RJ being on the floor, huh?? Do you want to keep going?? As far Frank having nagging injuries, Ok. As far RJ being an iron man... Well, if he played as hard on defense as Frank would he stay health. See RJ can't defend my dead Grandmother.
Tiger have you really sit down and watch RJ play defense? You couldn't have... As much running and grabbing his man from behind and always getting lost on defense. He can't stay with his man because he trying to go rebound the BB. So anytime you want to watch that clown I'll be glad to school you on the arts of playing defense.

Let me really give you something to laugh about? look at the name of this Thread!!

Most sportswriters try not to talk must about Frank playing 11second. WHY?? They knew how idiotic it was (1.) To put Frank in cold not playing any of the other 47:89 minutes. (2.) Do you know how stupid that makes Thib?s look as a veteran coach. (3) What happened to all of the players defending Tra before Frank? Now that Funny.

If you knew something about coaching you would know that games are lost way before 11 seconds. If you feel good saying it, fine.

Since you mentioned RJ talents? exactly what is his talent?? You good about avoiding questions. How about answering this one or is it funny to you?? 62.8%

There no comparison in Frank and RJ. The comparison was in minutes played. Nothing else!!
Like there light years different in Frank talent and RJ talent. The important different is the people that drafted Frank wasn?t there to force the coach to play him. See Frank wasn?t given 2 positions his rookie year to screw up and play no matter what the outcome. You know this!! It truly unfortunate for the Knicks and Frank.
See you will never see a championship as long as RJ is main player on the Knicks. Sit his butt on the far end of the bench next to the waterboy then there is a chance.

tiger0330

Legend
There no comparison in Frank and RJ. The comparison was in minutes played. Nothing else!!
Like there light years different in Frank talent and RJ talent. The important different is the people that drafted Frank wasn’t there to force the coach to play him. See Frank wasn’t given 2 positions his rookie year to screw up and play no matter what the outcome. You know this!! It truly unfortunate for the Knicks and Frank.
See you will never see a championship as long as RJ is main player on the Knicks. Sit his butt on the far end of the bench next to the waterboy then there is a chance.
I think we can at least agree that Frank was a bust esp for an 8th pick. So far no interest for him in the NBA this off-season but after seeing the revival of Cameron Payne, I'm not ruling out the possibility that it could happen to him given the right fit. He may have to play in Europe or the G League before that happens though.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think we can at least agree that Frank was a bust esp for an 8th pick. So far no interest for him in the NBA this off-season but after seeing the revival of Cameron Payne, I'm not ruling out the possibility that it could happen to him given the right fit. He may have to play in Europe or the G League before that happens though.

Cameron Payne are being used as a combo-guard (SG) instead of PG, which has improved his NBA talent tremendously. Each season, the Knicks coached Frank as if they didn't want him.
I recall a season the Knicks went on a 1-26 losing streak, and benched Frank throughout that streak.
None of the Knicks 4 head coaches in 4 seasons ever put Frank defensive talent at the SG spot in a lineup with the many PG players they had on their roster. Last season, I thought coach Thibs were gonna put D.Rose & Quickley's scoring offense in a lineup with Frank's defense, but that never happen.

I recall watching the Olympic Game between USA vs France for the Gold Medal, the France coach put Frank in the game way to late, plus played Frank at the wrong position when Frank Batum and Gobert combine defense in a lineup could've gave France more Stops vs Booker/Lavine/Holiday and Durant's scoring power.

No we can?t agree that Frank is a bust. The people that won the most championship draft him and knows talent. Can you say the same for RJ people. The different RJ people are in charge and want that Bust at #3 to look good.
See Tiger you keep forgetting about team. You force a player down the throat of the fans but the sportswriters say ?oh hell NO?.

mafra

Legend
Frank over Mitchell was a franchise demolishing decision. Phil and Gaines set NyK back a decade with their boner.

I read a team in Italy is possibly interested in Knits?.

Meanwhile, unlike Frank who never approved 1 aspect of his offensive game, RJ is out there in the forge?. Recreating himself. He was told he couldn?t shoot FT or a 3, so he came back his sophomore year and said ?eat my shorts? to his detractors. I look forward to seeing the offseason improvements come Nov!

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2021/9/7/22652668/rj-barrett-shows-out-in-offseason-run

? Last year he started off struggling mightily with his shooting, then caught fire and showed just how much he?d worked on his jumper. Many were impressed not only by the results, but the mental fortitude and confidence he had to stay on course and trust the work he put in during the summer. He went from averaging 14.3 points per game on 40.2% from the field and 32% from 3 to 17.6 on 44% and 40.1% from 3. While he struggled in the playoffs, Barrett showed signs he possesses the work ethic, physical tools and mentality to become a very good player.?

Last edited: