Ben Simmons want out of Philly !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Posted this in the NBA thread, Knicks are the last team that would try to trade for him since they spent their entire cap on improving their offense, why would they trade for a guy that can't shoot.

Sixers would want Randle along with Kemba and picks but after being exposed in the playoffs as a role player making star money Simmons won't command the kind of assets you might expect. If we could snag him for Kemba and Fournier Rose might pull the trigger on a trade like that.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
PHI wouldn’t deal Ben to NYY. Most likely, he’s headed to SAC or POR or something.

Sports writers are making up rumors of a 3 or 4 team trade, before the start of the regular season having .. Ben, Beal, and Damian Lillard part of the trade.

The Wizards traded Westbrook to soon .. building a team with Ben & Beal would've been the start of a Wizards playoff team.
However, Philly having Westbrook & Embiid would've been chopping-down a lot of teams in the East during the regular season games.

The Knicks made their best trade in a long time last season trading for D.Rose leadership, and did well in hiring a head-coach, and signing a FA Noel in the offseason.
However, the Knicks blew on getting team-priorities from the draft two offseason in a row .. Tyrese Haliburton last offseason when the Team-Priority were combo-guards out the draft (Quickley was a steal combo-guard we really needed), and this offseason draft we blew again not getting a team-priority player at the SF position Jalen Johnson with the 19th pick.
Now the Knicks have to make a trade to fore fill the WEAK SF position in the upcoming season (Evans Fournier is a big scoring-guard, weak defender).
The best step for the Knicks are going after Ben Simmons and making him the teams point-forward .. Trading Kemba & Barrett & draft picks !!!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Posted this in the NBA thread, Knicks are the last team that would try to trade for him since they spent their entire cap on improving their offense, why would they trade for a guy that can't shoot.

Sixers would want Randle along with Kemba and picks but after being exposed in the playoffs as a role player making star money Simmons won't command the kind of assets you might expect. If we could snag him for Kemba and Fournier Rose might pull the trigger on a trade like that.
As I said in the NBA thread Sixers want the moon for Simmons per The Athletic report below. He probably won't be going to SAC with Sixers reportedly asking for Fox, Haliburton and draft picks with SAC saying the price was too high.

The Sixers’ high demands are well known around the league, with president of basketball operations Daryl Morey making it clear to several teams that he’s looking to net a combination of high-level players or elite young prospects in addition to multiple first round draft picks in exchange for the 25-year-old All-NBA talent. To cite one example, the Philadelphia Inquirer
reported in late July that the Sixers asked Golden State for Andrew Wiggins, former No. 2 pick James Wiseman, the No. 7 and No. 14 picks in this year’s draft and two additional future first rounders.

tiger0330

Legend
Sports writers are making up rumors of a 3 or 4 team trade, before the start of the regular season having .. Ben, Beal, and Damian Lillard part of the trade.

The Wizards traded Westbrook to soon .. building a team with Ben & Beal would've been the start of a Wizards playoff team.
However, Philly having Westbrook & Embiid would've been chopping-down a lot of teams in the East during the regular season games.

The Knicks made their best trade in a long time last season trading for D.Rose leadership, and did well in hiring a head-coach, and signing a FA Noel in the offseason.
However, the Knicks blew on getting team-priorities from the draft two offseason in a row .. Tyrese Haliburton last offseason when the Team-Priority were combo-guards out the draft (Quickley was a steal combo-guard we really needed), and this offseason draft we blew again not getting a team-priority player at the SF position Jalen Johnson with the 19th pick.
Now the Knicks have to make a trade to fore fill the WEAK SF position in the upcoming season (Evans Fournier is a big scoring-guard, weak defender).
The best step for the Knicks are going after Ben Simmons and making him the teams point-forward .. Trading Kemba & Barrett & draft picks !!!
My bet is if the Sixers asked for Quick in a trade for Simmons, Rose would tell him no like SAC declined to trade Haliburton. Let's see what happens, I see Simmons telling the Sixers he won't report to camp forcing the Sixers to become motivated sellers and revisiting trades they turned down as not good enough ie Hield and Bagley.

Kiyaman

Legend
Could u build a winning team around Ben Simmons? YES!
Simmons & Reddick made Philly a playoff team, not Embiid.
Philly's management messed up the 76er's winning team the season they traded for Butler & Tobias Harris.

tiger0330

Legend
Could u build a winning team around Ben Simmons? YES!
Simmons & Reddick made Philly a playoff team, not Embiid.
Philly's management messed up the 76er's winning team the season they traded for Butler & Tobias Harris.

I think we'll find out if Simmons can be a piece you can build a team around. He's going to go to some struggling, underperforming team like the Kings, TWolves rather than a team like the Nets that Harden joined last year. He’s better suited as a piece that will raise the floor of a mediocre team rather than being the third star and missing piece for a championship run.

mafra

Legend
You would think GSW is an ideal place. They have the assets and the shooting to make it work. It doesn?t sound like they value Ben that highly tho, to surrender all their young assets?.

Kiyaman

Legend

Wsup Tiger .. I was shock, when I seen the article "Ben Simmons refuse to go to training-camp."! Having 2 to 4 yrs of coach Doc Rivers on your resume would look good $$$ at the end of Ben's contract year.
I copied the article, went straight to KO to put it up (The young all-star PG we been looking for for decades are available!). After that, I went to checked the post in the forum to see u already mention the Ben Simmons not reporting to training-camp.

The Knicks been in NEED of a good meshing-PG since the Ewing and Mark Jackson era.
Ben Simmons winning performance at the POINT is worth a 6 yr contract, when the contract he has now end.
The Knicks finding a way to get Ben Simmons in a Knicks uniform before the season start would make the Knicks a future winner team in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think we'll find out if Simmons can be a piece you can build a team around. He's going to go to some struggling, underperforming team like the Kings, TWolves rather than a team like the Nets that Harden joined last year. He’s better suited as a piece that will raise the floor of a mediocre team rather than being the third star and missing piece for a championship run.

Tiger .... u looking at it wrong .. The Philly 76ers without Ben Simmons become a struggling .500 team .. Plus Philly franchise player Embiid has average missing 20 or more games each season the past 5 seasons.
A creative complimentary PG with a high IQ meshing with teammates like Chris Paul, Lillard, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Simmons, Ja Morrant, and Melo .. It's very easy to build a winning .500 team with any of the above mention PG.

tiger0330

Legend
Tiger .... u looking at it wrong .. The Philly 76ers without Ben Simmons become a struggling .500 team .. Plus Philly franchise player Embiid has average missing 20 or more games each season the past 5 seasons.
A creative complimentary PG with a high IQ meshing with teammates like Chris Paul, Lillard, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Simmons, Ja Morrant, and Melo .. It's very easy to build a winning .500 team with any of the above mention PG.
If Simmons doesn't report to training camp Morey has to trade him for less than ideal value, so what you say about the Sixers becoming a worse team without him may be true. His worth around the league seems to be at an all time low, a combination of his trade me or else stance and his poor shooting and role player mentality. TWolves reportedly not even willing to part with DLO to get him, smh. I'm not a fan of Simmons, I see him being the same player for the Knicks he was for the Sixers, an overpaid role player that the fans will hate.

Kiyaman

Legend
Young Ben Simmons is/were the best/Top-1 PG available in the 2021 offseason !!! ??

I want Ben Simmons in a Knicks uniform !!! .
The Knicks number # one priority in the 2021 offseason IS/WAS to get a starter PG.
Westbrook, CP3, Lillard, or Simmons?

The Knicks 2021-22 season
Kemba's knees and Randle running the point for 30 plus min per 82 games next season.

Kiyaman

Legend
On Philly's Media Day ....
Embiid Fires Back at Ben Simmons Following Latest Report

"I feel like our teams have always been built around his needs. So it was kind of surprising to see. I mean the reason we signed Al (Horford) is (Simmons). We got rid of Jimmy (because) he needed the ball in his hands. We've always had shooters, and I feel like i can really play with anybody, and I can make anybody be better on the court...We are a better team with him. There's no question about it. We still hope that he changes his mind. The situation is weird, disappointing, borderline kinda disrespectful to all the guys that are out here fighting for their lives. Some guys rely on the team to be successful to stay in the league and make money somehow." h/t Derek Bodner of The Athletic

Embiid has made it clear on several occasions this week that he would love to have Simmons back in the building. But as the rumors keep flowing, the MVP runner-up continues to find the situation even more disappointing.

Justin Grasso covers the Philadelphia 76ers for Sports Illustrated. You can follow him for live updates on Twitter: @JGrasso_.

The Philly 76ers team without Ben Simmons in their NBA 2021-22 season will become?
A) A .500 season team?
B) Below .500 season team?

Kiyaman

Legend
When NY Knicks President Leon Rose met with Knicks beat writers in late September, he said, and I’m paraphrasing, “The team will be patient but will strike when the right superstar becomes available.”

When the usually monk-like Rose tosses morsels to the media, the Knicks fan base–and the league at large–would be wise to pay heed.

The Knicks will cash in their chips for a superstar at some point during the Leon Rose tenure; it’s merely a matter of timing and opportunity when the right superstar becomes available.
Which leads directly to the question at the heart of this piece:
Who is the right superstar?

Ben Simmons showed experience in being a complimentary player/coach, plus having strong leadership on the court that improve his teammates performance on both sides of the court.
The Knicks would be future STRAIGHT :
Having a defensive minded head coach Thibs, plus a star defensive-minded PG Ben Simmons delivering 7 or more Dimes per game.

tiger0330

Legend
When NY Knicks President Leon Rose met with Knicks beat writers in late September, he said, and I’m paraphrasing, “The team will be patient but will strike when the right superstar becomes available.”

When the usually monk-like Rose tosses morsels to the media, the Knicks fan base–and the league at large–would be wise to pay heed.

The Knicks will cash in their chips for a superstar at some point during the Leon Rose tenure; it’s merely a matter of timing and opportunity when the right superstar becomes available.
Which leads directly to the question at the heart of this piece:
Who is the right superstar?

Ben Simmons showed experience in being a complimentary player/coach, plus having strong leadership on the court that improve his teammates performance on both sides of the court.
The Knicks would be future STRAIGHT :
Having a defensive minded head coach Thibs, plus a star defensive-minded PG Ben Simmons delivering 7 or more Dimes per game.

Sixers fans hated the guy and ran him out of town. Knicks fans would do the same, every NBA player days NY is a tough town to play in, Simmons couldn't take the heat in MSG.

For once in life I agree with Tiger, Kiya. The lack of a decent jumper is the problem.
Kiya, you probably say, if we can keep someone like RJ on team then certainly Simmons shouldn?t be a problem at all. Now if getting rid of RJ for Simmons I?ll drank that poison.
I would like to see some of a team that can win a championship. This isn?t happening in the next 4 to 5 years under the management and coaching. So what do we have look forward to is trying to turn a pig ear(RJ) into a silk purse. GOOD LUCK with THAT!!

tiger0330

Legend
Got some notification on my phone about Simmons so I thought the Sixers had traded him but turns out his agent is negotiating letting him return to the team. Rich Paul probably wants the entire 8M installment returned as the price for him returning to the club and a continuation of trade talks for him. A Kyrie for Simmons trade might be in the offing with both guys being problems for their teams.

Now this is the time for the Knicks to get involved. Targeting Kyrie would be a top priority. You RJ, Q anybody else they may want for Kyrie not Simmons. Walker become expendable and can be traded. Now you have Kyrie and Rose(two #1 options) but there future is limited but you rid yourself of mistakes that you should have never made.
This team is going anywhere as it stand for the next 4 to 5 years.

tiger0330

Legend
Now this is the time for the Knicks to get involved. Targeting Kyrie would be a top priority. You RJ, Q anybody else they may want for Kyrie not Simmons. Walker become expendable and can be traded. Now you have Kyrie and Rose(two #1 options) but there future is limited but you rid yourself of mistakes that you should have never made.
This team is going anywhere as it stand for the next 4 to 5 years.

You trade for Kyrie and you have the same problem the Nets have with him. He can’t practice or play home games if he won't get vaccinated. Kyrie is a head case that the Knicks should stay far away from.