Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Look, we all preferred Zion or JA, and if the Knicks were capable of dealing the third pick for something then I would’ve welcomed that as well (but that’s never happened, bc when do NYK pull off trades they win?)….

RJ gets better every season. He and Thibbs perfect match; That’s all we can ask for. He’s professional, dedicated to his craft, and has passion and will. We shall see where it takes him…

I tuned in and listened to WAS broadcast last minute. We took our first lead around 112-110 or something they said.

Randle missed key FT but sank game winner. RJ huge block. Rose nearly had 30. Obi making plays on both ends. Rookie Grimes making shots.

4-0 preseason doesn’t mean anything but it’s continuity. It’s maintaining the winning environment. Expecting to win. There will be taking time to get familiar… but this is a deep team… and could be solid if JR can repeat results from last season, if Kemba stays healthy. We shall see about EF. I like our bench…we finally have continuity from last year…. Let’s build on success…. And that’s winning 44 games or more and making a run at playoffs.

Lace them up WED!
    Last edited by mafra; Oct 16, 2021 at 00:12.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Look, we all preferred Zion or JA, and if the Knicks were capable of dealing the third pick for something then I would’ve welcomed that as well (but that’s never happened, bc when do NYK pull off trades they win?)….

RJ gets better every season. He and Thibbs perfect match; That’s all we can ask for. He’s professional, dedicated to his craft, and has passion and will. We shall see where it takes him…

I tuned in and listened to WAS broadcast last minute. We took our first lead around 112-110 or something they said.

Randle missed key FT but sank game winner. RJ huge block. Rose nearly had 30. Obi making plays on both ends. Rookie Grimes making shots.

4-0 preseason doesn’t mean anything but it’s continuity. It’s maintaining the winning environment. Expecting to win. There will be taking time to get familiar… but this is a deep team… and could be solid if JR can repeat results from last season, if Kemba stays healthy. We shall see about EF. I like our bench…we finally have continuity from last year…. Let’s build on success…. And that’s winning 44 games or more and making a run at playoffs.

Lace them up WED!
    You couldn’t tell it was a preseason game with the crowd reaction. Fans were as loud as a regular season game or playoff game. Literally could not hear the ref whistle on a foul the fans were so loud, important for Thibs to set the tone for the season with a win and seeing who on the Knicks can close the deal. Kemba may start but Rose maybe the guy Thibs has as his closer. RJ also one the closing unit. Noel didn’t play at all in the preseason so MRob coming back as that D presence in the middle very important.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Oct 16, 2021 at 05:32.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Neto with 18 pts on 8 straight buckets, Clyde saying Walker can not contain this guy. Rose trots in for Kemba.
    Randle may have hit the winning last shot, but D.Rose gets the Winning Game-Ball last night !!!

Last night, watching the Wizards hold a 10 pt lead over the Knicks for 3 straight quaters, having Wizards PG Dinwiddle, Holiday, and Neto consecutively score on Kemba, had me so upset with the Knicks front-office for selecting a buy-out Kemba over a NY bound FA Dinwiddle, or FA Schroder, or FA Efrid Payton smh
    Plus in the Knicks 4 preseason games Fournier looked lost on both sides of the court.
    I'm hoping Kemba & Fournier preseason performance were only half of their skills.

After watching all of the Knicks preseason games, all the new players the Knicks front-office added to the team in the offseason, rookie Grimes are the only winning performance player. And I had to watch Grimes skills in the SL games.
    I'm seeing 10-15 .... Lets Go Knicks !!!

Didnt mean to delete my post. But i agree with Kiyaman, Fournier and Kemba have not looked good in preseason. They dont play much defense, especially Kemba

I know its nice for Kemba to be back home but Shroeder would have been a much better signing

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by KingGoatlikina11 View Post
    Didnt mean to delete my post. But i agree with Kiyaman, Fournier and Kemba have not looked good in preseason. They dont play much defense, especially Kemba

I know its nice for Kemba to be back home but Shroeder would have been a much better signing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Randle may have hit the winning last shot, but D.Rose gets the Winning Game-Ball last night !!!

Last night, watching the Wizards hold a 10 pt lead over the Knicks for 3 straight quaters, having Wizards PG Dinwiddle, Holiday, and Neto consecutively score on Kemba, had me so upset with the Knicks front-office for selecting a buy-out Kemba over a NY bound FA Dinwiddle, or FA Schroder, or FA Efrid Payton smh
    Plus in the Knicks 4 preseason games Fournier looked lost on both sides of the court.
    I'm hoping Kemba & Fournier preseason performance were only half of their skills.

After watching all of the Knicks preseason games, all the new players the Knicks front-office added to the team in the offseason, rookie Grimes are the only winning performance player. And I had to watch Grimes skills in the SL games.
    I'm seeing 10-15 .... Lets Go Knicks !!!
    Schroeder was never an AS, Kemba has been. You have to roll the dice for the kind of money the Knicks picked him up for, short term contract as well so not much risk attached to him. Knicks finished 4-0 in the preseason with him, I’ll reserve judgement on him and EF until XMas.

Quote Originally Posted by rady View Post
    Ssup, Kiya! I had a long summer and took a break from the NBA, sorry about that. I was out of the loop with everything that happened from draft night on so i'm probably gonna figure out the rooks during the season. But Sims looks pretty nice so far. Really excited about Kemba and Rose sharing the backcourt and also i can say i'm very pleased by the overall shooting during the first three preseason games. On a personal side i tried to stay safe for as much as i could but a couple of weeks ago i exposed myself too much and caught the virus. Symptoms were very mild so i guess i was either lucky or the vaccine did its thing as it supposed to. I'm almost fully recovered, my nose is still running but significantly less and that, alongside with the 14 days quarantine were probably the most unpleasant consequences. Hope everyone else is safe and sound. Anyway, looking forward to finish the preseason undefeated for the first time since.. i have no idea and it doesn't really matter anyway. Let's get it!
    That's good to hear you're doing much better, rady. I'm gonna make an effort to get back to watching the Knicks regularly this season. Not easy with how busy I've been, but I'm gonna make it work somehow.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

You couldn’t tell it was a preseason game with the crowd reaction. Fans were as loud as a regular season game or playoff game. Literally could not hear the ref whistle on a foul the fans were so loud, important for Thibs to set the tone for the season with a win and seeing who on the Knicks can close the deal. Kemba may start but Rose maybe the guy Thibs has as his closer. RJ also one the closing unit. Noel didn’t play at all in the preseason so MRob coming back as that D presence in the middle very important.
    Well, guess what Tiger... It was a preseason game and nothing more!! Nothing to get excited about because it means nothing. Winning a close game to a team that has basely revamp their roster isn't a game achievement.
    As for Thib's setting the tone for the season... it's been set since the beginning of last season. It playoff mode BB every night until and if we make the playoff. Short rotation... No imagination in the offense, etc... If the offense is going thru Randle then you have the same problem as last season. If not then were is the go to guy and that D. Rose. Not something that I would recommend and I love D. Rose.

The question that you need to ask is this... If the Washington can take the Knicks down to the wire(without it best player) in preseason... How Good are the Knicks?? Certainly Washington get better as well as many other that usually make the playoff but didn't.

After reading this I want to ask... How many players were effect by drafting RJ?? What does it say about a team that is incapable of making the right decision or trying to correct it?? What does it say that the only thing that can be said about player drafted is that he get better every season? Not that he energizes his team. Not that he makes those around him better but always want other players to create space for him to perform. A perfect match isn't a supposedly defensive minded coach and a no playing defense player. That ain't a match. A block shot in preseason doesn't make a defensive stud.

Countless time I said that we over paid for average player. We didn't get any change back from that draft. Just look at the depth of what it has cost this team over the last going on 3 years. Too prop up and give minutes and starting position that neither was earn.

Shouldn't we have invested that time into players what was already on the team?? If NO... then tell me how much more closer we are to a championship with RJ on the team?

NYK blasted WAS previous game. Like you said, this game meant little. When it was time to win, our talent went out and won the game.

4-0 is 4-0. RJ looking good!

Let’s here win total prediction to truly gauge your bball IQ

I predict 45 wins!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Well, guess what Tiger... It was a preseason game and nothing more!! Nothing to get excited about because it means nothing. Winning a close game to a team that has basely revamp their roster isn't a game achievement.
    As for Thib's setting the tone for the season... it's been set since the beginning of last season. It playoff mode BB every night until and if we make the playoff. Short rotation... No imagination in the offense, etc... If the offense is going thru Randle then you have the same problem as last season. If not then were is the go to guy and that D. Rose. Not something that I would recommend and I love D. Rose.

The question that you need to ask is this... If the Washington can take the Knicks down to the wire(without it best player) in preseason... How Good are the Knicks?? Certainly Washington get better as well as many other that usually make the playoff but didn't.
    Lakers players saying the same about their 0-6 preseason, that it’s only preseason, most pundits agree. After they accumulated all that vet talent I posted I was surprised ESPN didn’t bestow the top ranking to them instead of the Nets. Expected them to go 6-0 because I would have thought they could beat teams like the Kings blindfolded, now I have doubts they’re that good, chemistry, Father Time may mean the team has problems that showed up in the preseason. Same might be true for the Knicks, they maybe the winning team their 4-0 preseason indicates.

Lakers players saying the same about their 0-6 preseason, that it’s only preseason, most pundits agree. After they accumulated all that vet talent I posted I was surprised ESPN didn’t bestow the top ranking to them instead of the Nets. Expected them to go 6-0 because I would have thought they could beat teams like the Kings blindfolded, now I have doubts they’re that good, chemistry, Father Time may mean the team has problems that showed up in the preseason. Same might be true for the Knicks, they maybe the winning team their 4-0 preseason indicates.
    Have you forgotten what preseason is all about? The Lakers view is completely different to preseason than the Knicks. They know their talent and trying to add pieces to the team for the long haul. Thib's doesn't know what that is. Take a close look at how they are playing in situations and that should tell you something about what they are doing. You never know what you drafted or sign that just might turn into a player. That is why you have open competitive practices and preseason. Of course Knicks have forgotten that part of process for development of team and chemistry.
    "Doubts they're that good", Seriously!!
    Do you think the Knicks are better?? Please tell me you aren't serious, LOL!!
    The Lakers have personal that have won Championships. They know how to get there!! We don't have a idea because nobody has been there. And please don't being up Perry because he was along for the ride on other teams. This is the root problem along with L. Rose and company.

Knick fans are happy we are average again. Nobody thinks we’re good. But. It’s a lot better than what it was.

17 wins vs 44

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Have you forgotten what preseason is all about? The Lakers view is completely different to preseason than the Knicks. They know their talent and trying to add pieces to the team for the long haul. Thib's doesn't know what that is. Take a close look at how they are playing in situations and that should tell you something about what they are doing. You never know what you drafted or sign that just might turn into a player. That is why you have open competitive practices and preseason. Of course Knicks have forgotten that part of process for development of team and chemistry.
    "Doubts they're that good", Seriously!!
    Do you think the Knicks are better?? Please tell me you aren't serious, LOL!!
    The Lakers have personal that have won Championships. They know how to get there!! We don't have a idea because nobody has been there. And please don't being up Perry because he was along for the ride on other teams. This is the root problem along with L. Rose and company.
    The Lakers lost their first game in their home arena continuing their disappointing preseason. Something wrong with the Lakers when their 2 big guns score 34 and 33 points and they still lose to a Warriors team still without Klay. Lakers still struggling to find an answer having just picked up Avery Bradley who was just cut by the Warriors. Lakers bench was out scored by that Warriors bench, guys like Dwight, DJ, Rondo, Melo and Russ all look like Father Time has caught up with them.

The Lakers lost their first game in their home arena continuing their disappointing preseason. Something wrong with the Lakers when their 2 big guns score 34 and 33 points and they still lose to a Warriors team still without Klay. Lakers still struggling to find an answer having just picked up Avery Bradley who was just cut by the Warriors. Lakers bench was out scored by that Warriors bench, guys like Dwight, DJ, Rondo, Melo and Russ all look like Father Time has caught up with them.
    "Development and Chemistry" is what going on with the Lakers. Lost by 7 points... Three/Fifth 3/5 of the starting lineup is new.... Five new bench members who will get better of time. CHEMISTRY!! isn't made overnight... I have said it dozen of times.
    Now to your defense of "Father Time" with Lakers they are in a Win Now team mode. Which it seem like all of the time. My thinking is they aren't interested in long term just NOW. Does that sound similar??? Playoff Mode from preseason to making the playoff... not interested in player development and the future. You know what team that is, HUH?

The Knicks have a much Bigger Problems than the Lakers. I wouldn't have constructed the Lakers that way BUT neither would I have put the Knicks together like they are right now.

Knick fans are happy we are average again. Nobody thinks we’re good. But. It’s a lot better than what it was.

17 wins vs 44
    I understand the questions I asked you are ones you don't want to address. They are hard questions for someone that has been a strong supporter of RJ and now realize that we were trapped in our web. When no team is willing to make a deal for the 3rd overall pick in the draft say's volumes about the whole situation. I asked about the toll it took on the team and other players. Those players were just as much part of the Knicks as the incoming RJ if not more. They had to endure all the loses of the previous season then have all their hard work deem nothing. By making the statement about Zion, JA and then to about the 3rd pick I thought there may be other things that you saw that effected the team.
    Not this "Knick fans are happy we are average again". Average??? with no signs of making a push to being a true contender for the conference championship or NBA championship. When we drafted KP at #4 there was great expectations for a much better future because of HIM... again because of HIM. A #3 and the best we can do after 2 years of this is average? As a fan I expect and demand more from #3 overall pick than just to be average. You have a very unique way of looking at picks with no regards to the cost and position of the pick. In other words they are all the same to you.

17 wins VS 44... What do you play the season for?? Think about it!! Maybe you think 44 wins is a Championship. Look at the whole situations with all of the teams that once made the playoff didn't make it. WHY?? THE BEST DRAFT IN YEARS!!
    Last edited by Dark Raider; Oct 20, 2021 at 10:29.