Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 10/15/2021 7:30 pm [Game #4]

tiger0330

Legend
I hope the boys make a comeback with DRose on the floor, suffocating D by the boys to try to complete the comeback. Maybe it’ll open Thibs eyes about who should be the starting PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle has been playing a sloppy game since tip-off .. I done seen 6 turnover from Randle, the cross-court pass to a well guarded rookie Grimes made no sense smh

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are doing some hard hustling to bring the lead down to 5 pts having 2 min remaining in the game. Rose Grimes RJ JR and Obi
Grimes for 3
Randle for 3
Randle get foul at the line to Tie and take the lead

tiger0330

Legend
Grimes and JR with 2 3s to cut the lead to one and JR gets fouled with a chance to go up for their first lead if JR makes both.

Crowd going crazy, JR makes both to make the score 111-110 Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
17 second remain in Game 113-110 Knicks
Randle tired and missed both free throws
Wizard Rookie Kispert hit a 3 to tie game at 113
Knicks ball .. 15 sec remain in game

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle ISO dribble hits a jumper with the clock running out for a Knicks WIN !!!
The Garden Fans went OFF to raise the roof .. Lets Go Knicks !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Guys that say RJ can’t D up don’t know what they’re talking about as RJ blocks Avedi’s shot in the final seconds. Knicks up 113-110 with 18 secs left. Hitting 3s and putting in guys committed to D.

The Wiz sniper Kispert hits a 3 to tie it. Knicks with the ball 16 secs left. JR goes ISO and hits a fallback 2 on Gafford. What a game, fans went ape, couldn’t even hear the whistle on a foul. DRose doing the post game and the fans still going nuts in the background.

The coaching staff should learn a lot from this game.

Kiyaman

Legend
What about rookie Grimes 2-Way performance the final 5 minutes of the Game !!!
Grimes performance in the final 3 summer league games said "He's NBA Ready" to fit into a rotation.

There were 4 min left in tonight game having a 93-102 Wizards lead .. At that moment my mind was not on a 4-0 Knicks preseason.
But watching the final 4 minutes of tonight Knicks game, where all 5 Knicks players with a 2nd energy-wind on offense/defense to pull out a 113-115 Knicks WIN ..
Plus the Knicks getting their first lead of the game with 33 sec remaining in the game .. made the game a double excitement performance for us Knicks fans !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Guys that say RJ can?t D up don?t know what they?re talking about as RJ blocks Avedi?s shot in the final seconds. Knicks up 113-110 with 18 secs left. Hitting 3s and putting in guys committed to D.

The Wiz sniper Kispert hits a 3 to tie it. Knicks with the ball 16 secs left. JR goes ISO and hits a fallback 2 on Gafford. What a game, fans went ape, couldn?t even hear the whistle on a foul. DRose doing the post game and the fans still going nuts in the background.

The coaching staff should learn a lot from this game.

I actually believe Beal DNP himself from this game lol
So not to deal with RJ defending him again. In the previous preseason game vs Wizards RJ tight defense had Beal shoot 5-13 and 1-5 from downtown for 14 pts.
Tonight RJ defense did come in handy on stopping the inside drives by Wizards guards Holiday/Neto/and Dinwiddle who took advantage of scoring on Kemba.

mafra

Legend
Look, we all preferred Zion or JA, and if the Knicks were capable of dealing the third pick for something then I would?ve welcomed that as well (but that?s never happened, bc when do NYK pull off trades they win?)?.

RJ gets better every season. He and Thibbs perfect match; That?s all we can ask for. He?s professional, dedicated to his craft, and has passion and will. We shall see where it takes him?

I tuned in and listened to WAS broadcast last minute. We took our first lead around 112-110 or something they said.

Randle missed key FT but sank game winner. RJ huge block. Rose nearly had 30. Obi making plays on both ends. Rookie Grimes making shots.

4-0 preseason doesn?t mean anything but it?s continuity. It?s maintaining the winning environment. Expecting to win. There will be taking time to get familiar? but this is a deep team? and could be solid if JR can repeat results from last season, if Kemba stays healthy. We shall see about EF. I like our bench?we finally have continuity from last year?. Let?s build on success?. And that?s winning 44 games or more and making a run at playoffs.

Lace them up WED!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Look, we all preferred Zion or JA, and if the Knicks were capable of dealing the third pick for something then I would’ve welcomed that as well (but that’s never happened, bc when do NYK pull off trades they win?)….

RJ gets better every season. He and Thibbs perfect match; That’s all we can ask for. He’s professional, dedicated to his craft, and has passion and will. We shall see where it takes him…

I tuned in and listened to WAS broadcast last minute. We took our first lead around 112-110 or something they said.

Randle missed key FT but sank game winner. RJ huge block. Rose nearly had 30. Obi making plays on both ends. Rookie Grimes making shots.

4-0 preseason doesn’t mean anything but it’s continuity. It’s maintaining the winning environment. Expecting to win. There will be taking time to get familiar… but this is a deep team… and could be solid if JR can repeat results from last season, if Kemba stays healthy. We shall see about EF. I like our bench…we finally have continuity from last year…. Let’s build on success…. And that’s winning 44 games or more and making a run at playoffs.

Lace them up WED!
You couldn’t tell it was a preseason game with the crowd reaction. Fans were as loud as a regular season game or playoff game. Literally could not hear the ref whistle on a foul the fans were so loud, important for Thibs to set the tone for the season with a win and seeing who on the Knicks can close the deal. Kemba may start but Rose maybe the guy Thibs has as his closer. RJ also one the closing unit. Noel didn’t play at all in the preseason so MRob coming back as that D presence in the middle very important.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Neto with 18 pts on 8 straight buckets, Clyde saying Walker can not contain this guy. Rose trots in for Kemba.

Randle may have hit the winning last shot, but D.Rose gets the Winning Game-Ball last night !!!

Last night, watching the Wizards hold a 10 pt lead over the Knicks for 3 straight quaters, having Wizards PG Dinwiddle, Holiday, and Neto consecutively score on Kemba, had me so upset with the Knicks front-office for selecting a buy-out Kemba over a NY bound FA Dinwiddle, or FA Schroder, or FA Efrid Payton smh
Plus in the Knicks 4 preseason games Fournier looked lost on both sides of the court.
I'm hoping Kemba & Fournier preseason performance were only half of their skills.

After watching all of the Knicks preseason games, all the new players the Knicks front-office added to the team in the offseason, rookie Grimes are the only winning performance player. And I had to watch Grimes skills in the SL games.
I'm seeing 10-15 .... Lets Go Knicks !!!

KingCharles34

All Star
Didnt mean to delete my post. But i agree with Kiyaman, Fournier and Kemba have not looked good in preseason. They dont play much defense, especially Kemba

I know its nice for Kemba to be back home but Shroeder would have been a much better signing

tiger0330

Legend
Didnt mean to delete my post. But i agree with Kiyaman, Fournier and Kemba have not looked good in preseason. They dont play much defense, especially Kemba

I know its nice for Kemba to be back home but Shroeder would have been a much better signing

Randle may have hit the winning last shot, but D.Rose gets the Winning Game-Ball last night !!!

Last night, watching the Wizards hold a 10 pt lead over the Knicks for 3 straight quaters, having Wizards PG Dinwiddle, Holiday, and Neto consecutively score on Kemba, had me so upset with the Knicks front-office for selecting a buy-out Kemba over a NY bound FA Dinwiddle, or FA Schroder, or FA Efrid Payton smh
Plus in the Knicks 4 preseason games Fournier looked lost on both sides of the court.
I'm hoping Kemba & Fournier preseason performance were only half of their skills.

After watching all of the Knicks preseason games, all the new players the Knicks front-office added to the team in the offseason, rookie Grimes are the only winning performance player. And I had to watch Grimes skills in the SL games.
I'm seeing 10-15 .... Lets Go Knicks !!!
Schroeder was never an AS, Kemba has been. You have to roll the dice for the kind of money the Knicks picked him up for, short term contract as well so not much risk attached to him. Knicks finished 4-0 in the preseason with him, I’ll reserve judgement on him and EF until XMas.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ssup, Kiya! I had a long summer and took a break from the NBA, sorry about that. I was out of the loop with everything that happened from draft night on so i'm probably gonna figure out the rooks during the season. But Sims looks pretty nice so far. Really excited about Kemba and Rose sharing the backcourt and also i can say i'm very pleased by the overall shooting during the first three preseason games. On a personal side i tried to stay safe for as much as i could but a couple of weeks ago i exposed myself too much and caught the virus. Symptoms were very mild so i guess i was either lucky or the vaccine did its thing as it supposed to. I'm almost fully recovered, my nose is still running but significantly less and that, alongside with the 14 days quarantine were probably the most unpleasant consequences. Hope everyone else is safe and sound. Anyway, looking forward to finish the preseason undefeated for the first time since.. i have no idea and it doesn't really matter anyway. Let's get it!
That's good to hear you're doing much better, rady. I'm gonna make an effort to get back to watching the Knicks regularly this season. Not easy with how busy I've been, but I'm gonna make it work somehow.

You couldn’t tell it was a preseason game with the crowd reaction. Fans were as loud as a regular season game or playoff game. Literally could not hear the ref whistle on a foul the fans were so loud, important for Thibs to set the tone for the season with a win and seeing who on the Knicks can close the deal. Kemba may start but Rose maybe the guy Thibs has as his closer. RJ also one the closing unit. Noel didn’t play at all in the preseason so MRob coming back as that D presence in the middle very important.

Well, guess what Tiger... It was a preseason game and nothing more!! Nothing to get excited about because it means nothing. Winning a close game to a team that has basely revamp their roster isn't a game achievement.
As for Thib's setting the tone for the season... it's been set since the beginning of last season. It playoff mode BB every night until and if we make the playoff. Short rotation... No imagination in the offense, etc... If the offense is going thru Randle then you have the same problem as last season. If not then were is the go to guy and that D. Rose. Not something that I would recommend and I love D. Rose.

The question that you need to ask is this... If the Washington can take the Knicks down to the wire(without it best player) in preseason... How Good are the Knicks?? Certainly Washington get better as well as many other that usually make the playoff but didn't.

Look, we all preferred Zion or JA, and if the Knicks were capable of dealing the third pick for something then I would’ve welcomed that as well (but that’s never happened, bc when do NYK pull off trades they win?)….

RJ gets better every season. He and Thibbs perfect match; That’s all we can ask for. He’s professional, dedicated to his craft, and has passion and will. We shall see where it takes him…
After reading this I want to ask... How many players were effect by drafting RJ?? What does it say about a team that is incapable of making the right decision or trying to correct it?? What does it say that the only thing that can be said about player drafted is that he get better every season? Not that he energizes his team. Not that he makes those around him better but always want other players to create space for him to perform. A perfect match isn't a supposedly defensive minded coach and a no playing defense player. That ain't a match. A block shot in preseason doesn't make a defensive stud.

Countless time I said that we over paid for average player. We didn't get any change back from that draft. Just look at the depth of what it has cost this team over the last going on 3 years. Too prop up and give minutes and starting position that neither was earn.

Shouldn't we have invested that time into players what was already on the team?? If NO... then tell me how much more closer we are to a championship with RJ on the team?

mafra

Legend
NYK blasted WAS previous game. Like you said, this game meant little. When it was time to win, our talent went out and won the game.

4-0 is 4-0. RJ looking good!

Let?s here win total prediction to truly gauge your bball IQ

I predict 45 wins!

tiger0330

Legend
Well, guess what Tiger... It was a preseason game and nothing more!! Nothing to get excited about because it means nothing. Winning a close game to a team that has basely revamp their roster isn't a game achievement.
As for Thib's setting the tone for the season... it's been set since the beginning of last season. It playoff mode BB every night until and if we make the playoff. Short rotation... No imagination in the offense, etc... If the offense is going thru Randle then you have the same problem as last season. If not then were is the go to guy and that D. Rose. Not something that I would recommend and I love D. Rose.

The question that you need to ask is this... If the Washington can take the Knicks down to the wire(without it best player) in preseason... How Good are the Knicks?? Certainly Washington get better as well as many other that usually make the playoff but didn't.
Lakers players saying the same about their 0-6 preseason, that it’s only preseason, most pundits agree. After they accumulated all that vet talent I posted I was surprised ESPN didn’t bestow the top ranking to them instead of the Nets. Expected them to go 6-0 because I would have thought they could beat teams like the Kings blindfolded, now I have doubts they’re that good, chemistry, Father Time may mean the team has problems that showed up in the preseason. Same might be true for the Knicks, they maybe the winning team their 4-0 preseason indicates.