home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Orlando MagicNew York Knicks
Gary Harris - Right hamstring injury maintenance (OUT)Taj Gibson - Personal reasons (QUEST)
E'Twaun Moore - Sprained knee (QUEST)Nerlens Noel - Sore left knee (DOUBT)
Michael Carter-Williams - Left ankle surgery recovery (OUT)-
Chuma Okeke -Right hip bone bruise (OUT)-
Markelle Fultz -Left ACL tear (OUT)-
Jonathan Isaac - Left ACL tear (OUT)-

Game Preview

Fueled by an appreciative crowd that spent most of the night chanting in support, the New York Knicks set a team record Friday for most made 3-pointers in a single game during a lopsided victory at Orlando.

The victory helped the Knicks extended the franchise's longest season-opening unbeaten streak in almost a decade to a modest two games.

The Knicks will look to complete a back-to-back sweep of the Magic on Sunday when the Eastern Conference rivals meet for the second time in 48 hours, this time at New York.

The Knicks remained unbeaten Friday, when they drained 24 3-pointers and led by as many as 34 points in a 121-96 win over the Magic. New York's previous record for 3-pointers in a game was 20, set three times previously and most recently on Dec. 1, 2018, at home against the Milwaukee Bucks.

"We wanted to shoot more 3s, but we wanted them to be the right 3s," Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. "So when guys are pulling it down, when the second defender comes, make the right read. Your rim reads are critical and make the extra pass."

Four New York players hit four 3-pointers apiece Friday and a crowd of 18,846 at Orlando chanted "Let's go Knicks," as the Knicks improved to 2-0 for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

"(It) was a home game," said Knicks guard Evan Fournier, who played six-plus seasons with the Magic. "I mean, my goodness. I've been in that building many, many times and I felt like I was at home tonight. That's really what it felt like."

The Knicks are sure to play in front of another welcoming crowd Sunday. On Wednesday, a raucous sellout crowd of 19,812 attended New York's 138-134 double-overtime win over the Boston Celtics, a victory that Julius Randle punctuated by throwing the ball into the stands after the final buzzer.

The Magic's inexperience has been exposed during an 0-2 start, the first time they have lost consecutive games to start a season since 2016-17. Orlando has fallen to the Knicks and San Antonio Spurs by a combined 51 points.

Against the Spurs on Wednesday, the Magic led for much of the first quarter and remained within a possession of the lead well into the second quarter.

On Friday against the Knicks, Orlando fell behind for good fewer than four minutes into the game. The Magic went 0-for-8 from the field while being outscored 16-0 over the final 4:34 of the first quarter and trailed 36-16.

The Magic's starters in the first two games - Cole Anthony, Mo Bamba, Wendell Carter Jr., Jalen Suggs and Franz Wagner - are all 23 years of age or younger. All five were first-round draft picks.

"I think we made a lot of (what) one would call juvenile mistakes," Bamba said of Friday's game. "We just kept losing the shooters. We know Evan personally. We know (Alec) Burks wants to shoot it. We need to do a better job of knowing personnel and knowing tendencies."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
I was wondering what the Magic fans were yelling when Obi made a 4th qtr dunk, seems it was OBI OBI OBI. If their arena was that loud for a Knicks player I can’t wait until tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wup Rady .. Thanks for the Game-Threads of the back to back series vs the Magics.
I believe our Friday blow-out were because Orlando had more Knicks fans than Magics fans in their stadium LOL
Tonight, I'm looking for Thibs to give my fav 2nd season players Quickley & Qbi enough playing-time to get double-double stats !!!
Rookie Grimes & Sims raw 2-Way performance look like future winners !!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sunday night is my chill time to listen to music and different stuff. Hopefully the Knicks destroy them early again so there's no reason for me to put it back on in the second half.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I know the league is three-point heavy, but it's always good to see players attack the paint. Nice and-1 from Randle to take a three point lead.

A healthy and well rested Derrick Rose coming off the bench is going to be a huge advantage for us as long as it lasts.

tiger0330

Legend
Read the game according to Thibs. The boys are listening, on one play they were spread all over the court and the ball came to Quick after a few passes, I expected him to take the shot because he's a gunner and he was open but a closer came at him and he spotted Burks in the right corner who was wide open with no defender near him and he knocked down the 3.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Read the game according to Thibs. The boys are listening, on one play they were spread all over the court and the ball came to Quick after a few passes, I expected him to take the shot because he's a gunner and he was open but a closer came at him and he spotted Burks in the right corner who was wide open with no defender near him and he knocked down the 3.
I liked that too.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks lead by 5 57‐52 half time. Magic playing better esp Cole Anthony, his mom and step dad at the game so he's probably motivated by them.