Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 10/26/2021 7:30pm [Game #4]

Nothing makes me happier than Quickley threading the needle to Toppin for the dunk. Quickley becoming a playmaker is what we need just as much as his 3 point shooting.

tiger0330

Legend
Sixers bench getting them back into the game, or more accurately our bench letting them back into the game. Lead down to 14 8:50 left in the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Big floater by EF and the and 1 for 3 pts with the Knicks missing their last 11 3 pt shots. Knicks 102-85 with 5 minutes left. I’m calling a Knicks win to end the Sixers 4 year 15 game winning streak against us.

Kiyaman

Legend
Beating the 76er plus holding them under 100 pts made my night ..

And Kemba's 2nd half scoring of 19 pts & 5 ast, made me eat my words tonight.
Good Game Kemba, the Ben-less 76ers were just a light warmup ..
Before Thursday game vs the Bulls backcourt of Lavine & Ball ???

tiger0330

Legend
Beating the 76er plus holding them under 100 pts made my night ..

And Kemba's 2nd half scoring of 19 pts & 5 ast, made me eat my words tonight.
Good Game Kemba, the Ben-less 76ers were just a light warmup ..
Before Thursday game vs the Bulls backcourt of Lavine & Ball ???
The Bulls will be tougher than the Sixers at United. Early results from the off-season remake of the Bulls are positive, they’re playing D holding teams to 97 ppg. Ball has been a defensive banshee for them and DeRozan bringing his scoring punch for them. Good sign breaking that 15 game losing streak to the Sixers now let’s see if they can beat a much improved Bulls squad.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Bulls will be tougher than the Sixers at United. Early results from the off-season remake of the Bulls are positive, they’re playing D holding teams to 97 ppg. Ball has been a defensive banshee for them and DeRozan bringing his scoring punch for them. Good sign breaking that 15 game losing streak to the Sixers now let’s see if they can beat a much improved Bulls squad.

The Bulls are off to a 4-0 start and their 5th game is at Home against us Knicks!
MitchRob & Gibson played a good game tonight vs Embiid, we gonna need both their same performance in Chi-Town holding down Vucevic inside game.
I almost forgot the Bulls also added the pesky Caruso to their rotation ....
That's gonna be one hard-working win for us Knicks in Chi-Town !!!

mafra

Legend
The last time the Knicks beat the Philadelphia 76ers, Carmelo Anthony played for New York and Maurice Ndour hit the game-winner.

Knicks snapped a 15-game losing streak to Philly.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks tied a record for most 3 pt shots made in the 1st 4 games played. Bucks made 70 last year, Bucks won it all last season so the Knicks are going to live and die with the 3 ball this year.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Good things occur when I don?t watch huh

Looks like Kemba mad at KIYA for that TM remark.

I feel the same way. I did tape the game and watched little pieces but it looked like we had it well in hand by the half because of a strong 2nd quarter. Bench mob killed it again. Looking forward to Knicks-Bullies Thursday night on NBA TV.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Knicks tied a record for most 3 pt shots made in the 1st 4 games played. Bucks made 70 last year, Bucks won it all last season so the Knicks are going to live and die with the 3 ball this year.
Too early to say, but I don't like them being three heavy so far. I didn't watch the Knicks much last season, but so far this season, despite the amount of threes they made and them being 3-1, I don't like the WAY they're making threes. Look at the way Golden State plays (I know, they have Curry) and they're ball movement and versatility is beautiful.

This is why I want the Knicks to get Ben Simmons (or Rondo). I know, Ben has his problems, but a lot of it is not on him, and he has a lot of time to mature. If the Knicks are going to be three happy, I want the ball movement to be great and not the team launching threes.

I like Kemba, he's a proven player, but he's more of a combo guard I guess you'd say. Rose is great, arguably the best player on the team when he's out there, but he's coming off the bench, a combo guard I guess you'd say too, and at this stage of his career he can't carry a team the way he did early on his career.

Kiyaman

Legend
The last time the Knicks beat the Philadelphia 76ers, Carmelo Anthony played for New York and Maurice Ndour hit the game-winner.

Knicks snapped a 15-game losing streak to Philly.

Yep, five season ago the Lottery 76ers put a uniform on Ben Simmons creative leadership as their PG, us Knicks couldn't win one game against Ben's 76ers team.
But last night Philly looked real bad without Ben Simmons leadership.
Embiid thought he was putting MitchRob & Taj Gibson in early foul trouble by going to the FT line, but Thibs plan to double team Embiid stopped Embiid from dribbling the ball, and forced him to pass the ball or take a crazy shot.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Too early to say, but I don't like them being three heavy so far. I didn't watch the Knicks much last season, but so far this season, despite the amount of threes they made and them being 3-1, I don't like the WAY they're making threes. Look at the way Golden State plays (I know, they have Curry) and they're ball movement and versatility is beautiful.

This is why I want the Knicks to get Ben Simmons (or Rondo). I know, Ben has his problems, but a lot of it is not on him, and he has a lot of time to mature. If the Knicks are going to be three happy, I want the ball movement to be great and not the team launching threes.

I like Kemba, he's a proven player, but he's more of a combo guard I guess you'd say. Rose is great, arguably the best player on the team when he's out there, but he's coming off the bench, a combo guard I guess you'd say too, and at this stage of his career he can't carry a team the way he did early on his career.

Yo what's this love affair some of you have with Ben Simmons :teeth:
Do you guys realize that if we trade for him we would most likely give them 2 or 3 of our players that can actually SHOOT

Runningjumper at one point the warriors were trash and it took them time to become a great shooting team, so give our guys another year or so to get better. Patience is key

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Yep, five season ago the Lottery 76ers put a uniform on Ben Simmons creative leadership as their PG, us Knicks couldn't win one game against Ben's 76ers team.
But last night Philly looked real bad without Ben Simmons leadership.
Embiid thought he was putting MitchRob & Taj Gibson in early foul trouble by going to the FT line, but Thibs plan to double team Embiid stopped Embiid from dribbling the ball, and forced him to pass the ball or take a crazy shot.

5 seasons ago Ben didn't play that whole year because of a foot injury. Nice try Kiya :lol:

mafra

Legend
RJ works on his weaknesses and improved FT & 3-point shot in 1 offseason, from rookie to sophomore campaign.

Why can?t Ben improve his FT shooting!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yo what's this love affair some of you have with Ben Simmons :teeth:
Do you guys realize that if we trade for him we would most likely give them 2 or 3 of our players that can actually SHOOT

Runningjumper at one point the warriors were trash and it took them time to become a great shooting team, so give our guys another year or so to get better. Patience is key
Honestly I'm not that big of a fan of Ben. I just would like a better passing PG (that's why I mentioned Rondo), and he's young.

I hope you're right. Patience is important, that's why the Knicks were bad for so many years because the organization wasn't. It's important to not rely on threes though when they're off.