Let's not take Kemba Walker for granted

tiger0330

Legend
I heard James Worthy say the Lakers should have gotten DeRozan and not Russ. I wonder if the Lakers would consider trading Russ for Simmons, checks a lot of the boxes needed for a trade, salaries match, Lakers are Simmons preferred destination, Morey wants a difference maker (All Star) like Russ, it would break an ugly stalemate for the Sixers and might improve the Lakers disappointing record so far.

mafra

Legend
Through their first 2 and change seasons, RJ has been the better value. It?s turning out that Hunter and Cam might look like a better choice, but I have yet to see a single source that mentioned even a remote possibility ATL made an attempt at an offer?.

But? RJ has been better player than Zion. He?s isn?t Ja, but who cares?. Not like we got a bust? and for NyK, that?s almost like a major hit. I?ve witnessed almost forty drafts and we?ve hit in barely 5?

Maybe RJ is flipped for an ever better player, maybe he becomes great. Maybe nada. What you can?t take away from him, is a top 4 finish in the conference and a playoff appearance his sophomore year. Since 2000, how many times have NYK reached the playoffs?

Steph Curry GSW
Jordan Hill. NYK
DeRozan. TOR

Remember that lottery?

Of all the issues with this team, ragging on RJ is like complaining about the dishes and silverware on the Titanic an hour after you hit the iceberg.

RJ was our top 3 pick, he's currently our best two way player....stats or talent, RJ passes the test. He surpassed the bust labels and I'll put money on it in the second half, RJ will average more points than Randle and become the Alpha of this starting 5.
Bring a #3 doesn?t give you a starting job. Maybe you forgot about competition in preseason and training camp. If you think he the best 2 way player then says something about you knowing talent. You pass a test when you beat those 4 vet players in competition. That a full proof test that no one can argue with. Save your money you going to need it. Until a young more talented Alpha player comes to this team then the Only Alpha is D. Rose!! You didn?t check the roster before you posted.

Keep talking and at some point you will believe what you are saying. You can?t know talent and say what you say!!

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ was our top 3 pick, he's currently our best two way player....stats or talent, RJ passes the test. He surpassed the bust labels and I'll put money on it in the second half, RJ will average more points than Randle and become the Alpha of this starting 5.

RJ Barrett may not be a BUST any more, after receiving 30 plus minutes of playing-time in all the Knicks games he played the last two seasons.
RJ Barrett's low b.ball IQ sticks out in every 3rd quarter, plus RJ never showing any team chemistry has always been a problem in the Knicks rotation. As for being a 2-Way player RJ offensive scoring has always been inconsistent in the NBA, and RJ defensive performance just showed up in the 2021-22 season. When the Knicks are showing good ball-movement on the court, RJ be on the bench.

The tandem of RJ Barrett & Randle has never had/or showed a winning-chemistry in the Knicks rotation. Just because the tandem of RJ & JR been the Knicks closers under 3 differ head coaches they should have picked up a winning chemistry as closers. But they didnt.
The last season Knicks were a Surprise to everyone .. Why? D.Rose plus ..
A two position performance Bullocks meshing well along side Randle's consistent dribbling the ball down court gave the Knicks a winning chemistry tandem on both sides of the court (Randle & Bullocks), the two players meshed very well in every differ lineup in Thibs rotation in the regular season. The Knicks not having the small things Bullocks applied consistently like box-out, picks, screens, passes, and dynamic hustle says Knicks Randle will not be an All-Star in the 2021-22 season !!!

How is it that when root cause of a problem is exposed most seen to bury their head in the sand or change the subject. As I said, didn't bring up cancer but I address it as it effect this team. Noting that it didn't start with this F.O. or team but they(F.O.) did nothing to cut it out. That is what you have to do with it when it comes to BB. Making the wrong moves by the F.O. often becomes more problematic. Case in point... Remember the 'Players Only Meeting' call by M. Morris two and 1/2 years ago? One thing came out of that meeting that should have open up the eyes of every Knick fan. The question was asked of all of the players what was the problem with this team? They answer... Randle and RJ!!! Those that were vocal Trier, Dotson, Ellington.
Who get trade after that meeting? Morris!! Who isn't playing any after that? Trier and Dotson!! Who is gone at the end of the year? Trier and Dotson!!

Here was a chance to start cut out the problem that the 99% of the team saw as a problem. But what happen those that called meeting and spoke up are no longer with the team. Dr. Frankenstein only want disease body parts(players) to make his monster.

** Let me say this... I do not think that Randle is cancer for the record. Randle has been put in a position to be a Transformative Player and a leader but he isn't built for that assignment. Under the right conditions like he was down in N.O. with Davis and Cousins. He would be alright. This isn't his fit as player having a team built around him and an offensive running thru him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dark Raider .. You are absolutely right .. Randle's performance is definitely not Giannis, Jokic, or Anthony Davis.
Randle's team leadership does not match his performance in the 2021-22 season.
Randle does not have a signature move on offense or defense to build a team around.

Tiger .. You was absolutely right .. we should've signed Derozan's performance to keep the ball out of Randle hands to become the Knicks first option on offense. The Chicago Bulls rotation has become an exciting team to watch having Derozan & Lavine as the team top scorers, and PG Lonzo Ball & PG Caruso back together again to create DIMES for the team.

RJ Barrett is the 3rd pick of a very poor draft. RJ Barrett is not a starter, and the Knicks past 2 season of getting out-scored in first-quarter is proof.
When the Knicks drafted RJ Barrett they believe RJ Barrett's performance would be like Derozan or Fournier performance. Which never happen.
Take RJ Barrett out of the starter lineup for Burks, and watch how well Kemba, Burks, and Fournier start taking more control of the first-quarter, and 3rd quarter. Butt! we cant do that cause RJ Barrett is a 3rd pick in the draft !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Twenty games in and the Knicks have called the Kemba experiment over. I was wondering how Kemba would take his benching, looks like the Knicks made the decision that a vet like him would rather be traded than be DNP so the Knicks will reportedly be looking to trade him.

They?ll be looking for a PG to fill Kemba?s shoes and Payton gets no playing time with the Suns, will we see a 3rd return of EP.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Didnt mean to delete my post, was just trying to fix a typo

Good to see you back Metro i hope you and your family are all doing good brother

Man this username of mine is a bit embarrassing. At this point i think im gonna go with a former Knicks player like Oakley and stick with that

I honestly havent been the biggest Kemba fan since a few years ago when Dragic and the Heat targeted him on defense in the bubble playoffs. But he's as a likeable of a dude as there is and i hope he proves me wrong, im rooting for him

I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Starbury out of retirement lol just playing on that one. But yeah definitely good to see you here

metrocard

Legend
Didnt mean to delete my post, was just trying to fix a typo

Good to see you back Metro i hope you and your family are all doing good brother

Man this username of mine is a bit embarrassing. At this point i think im gonna go with a former Knicks player like Oakley and stick with that

I honestly havent been the biggest Kemba fan since a few years ago when Dragic and the Heat targeted him on defense in the bubble playoffs. But he's as a likeable of a dude as there is and i hope he proves me wrong, im rooting for him

I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Starbury out of retirement lol just playing on that one. But yeah definitely good to see you here

Thanks brother, I've spent some time in CT(Hartford) area, learned a lot about the state. Hope you and family are well too. I'm rooting for him as well. He wants the Knicks to win and accepted his benching like a pro. This can actually help push Kemba to an edge and prove himself to the league again. People checked off Rose until he had a miraculous comeback. Anything can happen, even if Kemba fails here I'm okay with that because we didn't sacrifice tons of money or draft picks like we use to do.

Imagine if we had so much social media like we do now back then when we traded for Steve Francis, Penny Hardaway on a team with Nate Robinson, Marbury and Crawford.

Things are better now, but we are the same ole Knicks and just loyal sad fans who won't let go of this team. May God have mercy on us lol

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks dont need Kemba .. the Knicks need to sign coach Chuancey Billups to work with Frank, Burke Mudiay, and Trier this season.

This season:

Frank - 34% FG 33% 3PT, certified a bust.
Mudiay - unemployed and NBA career ended at age 25 as #7 overall pick and certified a bust.
Burke - 14 minutes a game for Dallas' losing shooting 32% 3PT with no defense
Trier - unemployed, 6"4 SG with no playmaking or defense. Can shoot/score a bit, but dude isn't NBA level.

Understand, Kemba is a four time All star (most on our team) and even on ONE knee is better than any the guys you listed combined. We got him cheap for 2 years on 8 million. Years ago you didn't want him yet you want guys who can't even make an NBA roster and act like Chauncey Billups would miraculously train them within a few months and turn them into all stars. I was a Mudiay fan. I was a Frank fan. but a bust is a bust.

Kemba >>>>>>> your suggestions, just saying.

tiger0330

Legend
Kemba will be back. Thibs is going to admit he made a mistake, he?ll tell the media, I made the change and we?re still were losing so Kemba is back in the rotation.

Burks is not the PG Kemba is and his scoring has been inconsistent. Kemba can?t defend but he?s the best playmaker on the Knicks and orchestrates the offense way better than any option on the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Big game for Kemba. NYK need to beat WAS at home and KW needs to step up? they got Dimwiddy and Beal? so NYK needs Kemba and Evan

metrocard

Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJPa2ELUn3Q

Walker goes + weeks without getting any burn, comes in starts, playing 38-41 minutes a NIGHT.

44 points
8 assist
0 turnovers
9-9 FT
2 OffReb
9 TotReb
7 3pt Made

"washed"

well, I had told you guys early on. I never been always right, I've made tons of blunders and bad predictions (you can have a lot of fun searching up my post history, I've been wrong about alot of things). I just think it was unfair and unprofessional of Thibs to make such a drastic change, to not only removing the starter role to your PG (which is seen as the head of the offense) into completely not playing him. Thibs should be embarrassed because not only this sunk us below .500 (Knicks play well below .500 without Kemba), but because he couldn't utilized Kemba off the bench. Either way, Knicks lose.

Last edited by a moderator: