The kemba walker situation:

There are a lot of things to be said about the current state of affairs with Walker but I will talk about a few.

The Knick organization is HORRIBLE at dealing with complex situations that they create out of incompetent or just plain stupidity. Before I get into the Walker problem lets go back to another player. Anybody remember Joakim Noah and what happen to him or do you. Remember how Horny disrespected Noah by putting him into the game then taking him out. That was a mess that a vet coach should have never let happen. Remember last year playoff game where Thib's put Frank in for 2 second and took him out.
Question - Would you as a player want to play for either coaches? If you don't know the answer is 'HELL NO'!!

Noah is told to leave the team and he didn't give them a break on the money they owe him.

You would think that after just those two situations you would learn how to handle a situation like Walker a lot better. As you can see it didn't happen. How did you get to this point?

First lets go back to his signing. The took a player that NOBODY wanted. Why, because everybody knew what state Walker was in except the Knicks. They were desperate for a player... any player to give them a shot at getting better.

Secondly, How did Walker win the starting PG position? There had to be preseason competition and games and practice. Certainly what is accruing now should've been seen in preseason and practice. You would think, huh. SO DID IT?? Probably but it was ignored and hope for the best.

Thirdly, You don't embarrass a player by publicly saying that he is out of the entire player rotation. You don't take a vet player out of a game when you just put him in the game. You don't put your best defensive player into the game for 2 second and haven't played him the whole game.

This is the cancer that I spoke of in the Thread "Don't take Walker for Granted". What do you think the rest of the player in the league are saying? If it done to Noah, Frank and now Walker don't think it want happen to me if I go there. Now I didn't mention other players like KP, Morris, THJ and other.

There was a way to go about this with Walker but the Knicks aren't accustom to that diplomacy. Start Walker but don't let him play but a few minutes. Call it player time management. Slowly work him out of the almost all of his minutes not to cause a problem.

Now Thib's and F.O. has another big problem. I don't think Thib's really give a damn!! He looks like he is trying to run out the clock on his time as coach and get the hell out.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont blame Thibs for taking him out of the rotation. I dont even like saying that because Kemba is one of the nicest friendliest dudes in the league. Its easy to tell the Charlotte fans really loved him

But to be honest it was a foolish move to sign him in the first place. I saw in the 2020 bubble playoffs he cost Boston against Miami. Dragic was going to work on him and Heat took advantage of him time and time again. It was clear that he was on his way to being Isaiah Thomas status on defense. How the Knicks front office didnt see that is beyond me, perhaps they were only thinking about what they thought he could still do on offense as well as bringing him home

Either way, i thought the move needed to be made even sooner

Kiyaman

Legend
All the advertisement on Kemba coming home!
Now the embarrassment of Kemba, 20 games into the season.
The entire Knicks starting 5 lineup played like bums in the first quarter of games or in the 3rd quarters of games. There were never any chemistry in the starter lineup. Kemba n Randle never put any of the Knicks center into the offense. Both players dribble-dribble-dribble to get stuck and have to pass the ball to a teammate on the 3 ball line. Randle's defense is only good to get a defensive rebound.
Why? Would u take a career veteran starter out of the rotation? That's a helluva move!
Kemba last game he scored 17 pts in 23 min vs Suns .. The whole Knicks rotation looked awful only having a individual ISO offense vs a well chemistry Suns team 118-97 !!!
Plus the Game before the Suns, Kemba played a decent role in helping the Knicks beat the Lakers.

Lets do some Knicks history ....
Who got rid of PG-Billups & PG-Lin?
PG Melo liked being the decision-maker on every offensive-possession for 40 min per game.

The past two season Randle & RJ Barrett average 15 to 20 shot attempts per game.
Payton, Bullocks, and MitchRob average 5 shot attempts per game.
In the offseason the Knicks added 2 veteran scorer to the starter lineup in Kemba/Fournier, both veterans average double-digit shot attempts per game in their career.

Well, just when you think it save to go into the water. There blood in it and Sharks can smell blood. Randle and Evan had a heated discussion at the end of the 1st half. This isn't a good sign but of frustration on the part of the whole team. That being said it just another sign of the Cancer that is growing within this team. With the underlining currents of the other things that are bothering this team. Now you have this with Randle and Evan. Sure they said it they cleared it up in the locker room but if you ever been in one at halftime that isn't true.
There is a communication problem with the starting 5 with the switch of PG and other things.
** One quick note: Why was Knox not given more playing time last night? With RJ out and there a need for another body Knox seem like the next man up. This is a Thib's problem and if you hear what Anthony said at the half "Thib's is searching for anybody that can answer the Bull's and that not a good sign".
Back to communication problem on both defense and offense. Thib's defense looked like a H.S. defense. The Bull's were out on breaks running past Knicks defender. Thib's offense needs a major overhaul because Randle touch and hold the ball to much and to long. If you notice how the ball movement in their offense. Reason being they have a young coach that isn't stuck in the past. When I suggest last before hiring Thib's that we needed a young coach like Sean Silas of Houston and surround him with good coaches with NBA experience.
With blood in the water is it time to clean the slate. Fire Everybody!! Start OVER!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, just when you think it save to go into the water. There blood in it and Sharks can smell blood. Randle and Evan had a heated discussion at the end of the 1st half. This isn't a good sign but of frustration on the part of the whole team. That being said it just another sign of the Cancer that is growing within this team. With the underlining currents of the other things that are bothering this team. Now you have this with Randle and Evan. Sure they said it they cleared it up in the locker room but if you ever been in one at halftime that isn't true.
There is a communication problem with the starting 5 with the switch of PG and other things.
** One quick note: Why was Knox not given more playing time last night? With RJ out and there a need for another body Knox seem like the next man up. This is a Thib's problem and if you hear what Anthony said at the half "Thib's is searching for anybody that can answer the Bull's and that not a good sign".
Back to communication problem on both defense and offense. Thib's defense looked like a H.S. defense. The Bull's were out on breaks running past Knicks defender. Thib's offense needs a major overhaul because Randle touch and hold the ball to much and to long. If you notice how the ball movement in their offense. Reason being they have a young coach that isn't stuck in the past. When I suggest last before hiring Thib's that we needed a young coach like Sean Silas of Houston and surround him with good coaches with NBA experience.
With blood in the water is it time to clean the slate. Fire Everybody!! Start OVER!!

Well, I'm sure the Fournier & Randle argument at half-time was about Randle poor defense allowing Derozan to score all over him, and Caruzo kept taking the ball from Randle's dribble-dribble as if taking candy from a baby. Randle had 4 turn-over in the first 14 min of the game. Randle's super poor defense performance, and poor decision-making running the offense on every possession gave the Bulls a 20 pt lead.
And Thibs blind eye coaching did not see how MitchRob's defense and blockshots were the main reason the Knicks came back from being down 20 pts.
The Bulls could not handle Toppin & MitchRob tandem defense in the 2nd half.
Thibs taking MitchRob out of the lineup, to put a 5 guard lineup on the court the final 2 min of the game was the same as handing the Bulls the win.
Plus having 4 guards on the court, and letting Randle dribble-dribble the ball up court to get it stolen quick by Caruzo to give Randle his 7th turnover in the game, was worst then Randle missing 2 FT shots down the stretch.
The Knicks need to trade Randle & Barret, and look for a new head-coach & assistant coach ASAP !!!

How about 'Q' taking the last shot of a design play by Thib's.... Seriously!!

You got Rose and Burks there plus Evan was hot but letting 'Q' take the shot is criminal.