Game thread: New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors 12/10/2021 7:30pm [Game #26]

From the second he crosses mid court, Obi is a threat to get to the rim. He plays like he is shot out of a cannon.

mafra

Legend
Three guys clobber a Knick without a call? wow

Obi on fire!!!

Kid making me look
Bad. Love it. Start him Thibbs. What growth in 1 year.

They call a makeup call for NYK but TOR challenges it. I have no doubt they?ll overturn it

metrocard

Legend
Obi is the most active player on this team. Should be getting 25 minutes a night. If he becomes a 36% 3pt shooter, he's our starter.
He may take 2-3 seasons to develop like Butler, but he's active on both ends.

mafra

Legend
Down 2 and Obi airballs a 3? Rose gets rebound but can?t make layup?. Vanfleet drains a 3?. Obi missed another 3? NYK 8-31? NyK miss another 3?. 82-77.

Can?t win scoring 77 points

3 straight possessions? 3 straight misses that led to ToR breaks. 2 points become 7 and game is over.

Start trading come Wed?. AB, Noel, and Evan have to be dealt ASAP? can?t afford to give those 3 any more playtime? need those minutes for kids?

We?ve seen enough.

Which is why it bothered me he?s settling for threes? those missed 3s were painful.

Every time I see Obi take a 3, I die a little more inside. I?m sure he worked on it in the off-season, but he?s not good at all right now from deep.

mafra

Legend
RJ drains a 3.

Why is Evan and AB in this game?

They air a 3? we got ball, down 3? 2 minutes left

Raptors get away with 2 bad misses from 3 leading to long boards and finally hit the 3rd attempt from 3. Earlier in the 2nd half, one of their guys airballed a 3 leading to a catch and made shot under the basket.

Hard to deal with 3 point shots so bad the rebound is nowhere near where you expect it to be.

mafra

Legend
Rose with the leaner? 87-86 Knicks!

But we miss shot, give them 2 off rebounds and they hit a 3?.

Pathetic. Why is Evan F and AB on the court?

mafra

Legend
40 years of watching? we don?t make shots to tie or win games in final seconds. Never happens?. So why does it puss me off every time when we miss?

Here is our offense last 3 minutes. Pathetic.

Missed 3
Missed 3
Missed 3
RJ made shot
RJ made Shot
Rose made shot
RJ missed shot
AB missed shot

Then RJ feeds Randle? beautiful? wide open? and he misses the 3 for the win.

tiger0330

Legend
Good stop after RJ 3. RJ hits a driving layup for 5 straight 86-85 Raps.

Trent hits a deep 3 on a scramble play on a couple of offensive rebounds. Raps take the 2 pt lead. Raps played great D defending that last play, out of bounds challenged by Thibs with 51secs left.

Successful challenge, ball caromed off Vanveets foot while he was on his back,

3 plays Raps defended well and still the Knicks could have won if JR had hit the open 3

.6 tenths Knicks must make a 3. RJ misses the 3. Raps win 97-87.

More playing time for Obi, I can see the Knicks bringing in a vet PG like Payton or DJ Augustin or Rondo if they can't swing a bigger deal.

mafra

Legend
Knicks 12-14 after 5-1 start?. Indy about to break it up and they waxed NYK. TOR not a player for 7-10 play-in, basically won wire to wire?

This is gonna get ugly quickly.

Like I said, Knicks gonna be between bottom-feeders ORL-DET and Indy-TOR.

I think TOR and Pacers battle for 10th spot and Knicks finish 12th in EC.

Start prepping for the lottery?.

7-13 record last 20 games? more importantly, ten trails by 20 in first half every game.

Kemba Walker
Evan Fournier
Alec Burks
Noel

As long as Thibbs gives those 4 minutes, team is doomed. Bench all 4?

IQ
RJ
Obi
Randle
Mitch

My starting 5.

Rose, Grimes, Sims and Gibson with McBride should be next 5 up?

This is my 10 man rotation? maybe some Knox.

I don?t want to see Noel, AB, EF, KW play again.