Fire Thibs

metrocard

Legend
I'm not expecting or needing anyone to agree with me, but let's be clear.

Monty Williams was the real coach of the year in 2021 who was actually successful as coach. Monty pushed the Suns to the NBA Finals when people wrote Phoenix off as a treadmill team with "empty stats" Booker. Now Suns sit on top of the West with GS.

Knicks were so bad against Atlanta, anything they accomplished in the regular season was pointless. Thibs was never successful here. Stole an award from Monty Williams, who's a superior coach that can win games while his superstars sit out because he actually knows how to use rotations against an opposition's defense.

Thibs was never successful in NY. A first round domination by Atlanta isn't success.

Mike Woodson was waaaaaaaay 100% time better than Thibs.

This was a post 4 years ago on a T'Wolves message board:
aren't these complaints similar to what's being posted today on the boards?
Please read and let me know.

This was in 2017.

I'm now fully on the "Thibs is trash" train. For those who haven't been following the Wolves these last couple of nights, we gave up 130 to the Pacers and the Pistons are at 110 with 5 minutes to go in the fourth quarter.

We've been without Jimmy Butler but the level of effort from this team has been absolutely abysmal. For someone who has been praised as a "defensive wizard", his inability to get this team to play defensive has been nothing short of astonishing to me. We might not have the greatest defenders, but these guys don't even look like they want to be on the court.

I don't know if Thibs has sucked the energy right out of these guys but they don't even look like they want to play.

I've sat through 13 years of the same old **** night after night but these last two games have been some of the most frustrating games I've ever watched as a Wolves fan.

In the past,we just didn't have the talent but the guys at least gave 100% on the court. Now, we have two of the brighter young stars in the NBA but these guys are playing with no heart.

I'M BLAMING THIBS. It's the ****ing coaches job to get his guys ready to play each and every night.

The guy runs a prehistoric offense and makes terrible lineup decisions night in and night out.

Not to mention he dumped Rubio, the heart and soul of this franchise, for Jeff Teague who has been absolute trash this season.

We suck at defense so let's go ahead and trade one of the best PG defenders in the NBA!! MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

Wiggins/Lavine/Rubio improved post Thibs. Rose is a loyal man who saved Thibs NBA career, but Rose would of legit been a 30 and 8 player with a healthier/longer/happier career if he didn't start his Chicago career with Thibs. Imagine Rose with a coach like Stotts or Kerr.

1. Thibs was responsible for Wiggins being signed to a 148 million dollar contract: Thibodeau?s watch as president of basketball operations. This crippled Minnesota's fracnhise.
2. Thibodeau?s calling card and claim to NBA fame was always "defense". However defense in the early 2010s is completely different than today. Wolves under Thibs ranked in points allowed per 100 possessions in the 3 seasons between 2016-2019 No. 27, No. 25, No. 17. Knicks were good defensive last year thanks to Noel/Robinson/Gibson, but got exposed in the playoffs by ATL.
3. Thibs ran Jimmy Butler out of that, yet protects Randle that should tell you enough. Butler is 100X the player Randle is. Thibs debacle in Minnesota was enough for him to never get a job again in the NBA. He's always been overrated.

Fire Thibs today. The sooner we move on, the better. You'll see career break out seasons from guys like RJ Barrett, Kevin Knox, Obi Toppin if Thibs wasn't here holding them back. You'll see Grimes/McBride in the rotation....consistently. His bench of Kemba Walker is one of the most classless and scapegoating moves a coach has done in decades. Walker proved he can play(not prime) but for 8 million a year, he's VERY good. Thibs needs to retire and go back to boring CT.

Kiyaman

Legend
Metro .. hope u had a Happy Holidays .. Cause you read the Book of Thibs !!!
I'm hoping for a new Knicks head coach for the 2022-23 season too.
However, we have been finding out through all the Knicks Covid-Protocols our roster have a lot of 2-Way winning performing young-players that only need playing-time to help the team win.

Your right, Monty Williams starting the season off having 26-6 record (compared to Thibs 15-18 record).
Yes, the NBA know now they owe Monty Williams a COY award. Which we all know will happen in the 2021-22 season.
Thibs action and decision-making on the TimbrWolves did get Thibs banned from the NBA.
Plus TimberWolves fans were calling for Thibs head on a platter, before he was fired lol
And yes, a desperate Leon Rose went around the Thibs-Banned to bring Thibs back into the NBA.
Last season, Thibs having Woody as the top assistant coach in the regular-season, are truly missed this season.

tiger0330

Legend
What the hell is wrong with you guys. You want to fire the best coach we?ve had in 20 years after getting us into the playoffs in a decade and winning coach of the year. Next you guys will want to bring back Phil Jackson like Dark wants to.

Speaking about Monte Williams, I mentioned this last year that all the credit has to go to James Jones for firing Koskokov so abruptly and hiring Monte.

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
What the hell is wrong with you guys. You want to fire the best coach we?ve had in 20 years after getting us into the playoffs in a decade and winning coach of the year. Next you guys will want to bring back Phil Jackson like Dark wants to.

Speaking about Monte Williams, I mentioned this last year that all the credit has to go to James Jones for firing Koskokov so abruptly and hiring Monte.

With James Dolan still involved we will always and forever be in this situation..........

If you want to win a Championship... Dolan should fire EVERYBODY!!

If you want to just make the playoff... then stay where you are and Good Luck with That!!

Just remember one very, very, very important thing. There are some of us who wants to win a championship in the near future. For those that want the second option... Just tell option 1 when?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Mike Woodson favored Melo and J.R. Smith and it hurt the team.

Derek Fisher seemed like he might have been part of the reason for Melo's best season with the Knicks has far as playing team ball, but I don't want him back as a head coach.

If they're going to be a three-ball happy bunch with lackluster defense than we might as well get D'Antoni back.

Kiyaman

Legend

Wsup Tiger .. Happy Holidays!
I could see u never did your homework on head-coach Thibs playoff career, or his foolishness on the Timberwolves.
Thibs has no coaching creativeness on offense to win a post-season series.
And no! Thibs has not been the best coach the Knicks had in 20 years, or 10 years.
A lot of Knicks head coaches (Pat Riley & JVG & Dantoni) did not like how Dolan ran the organization.
And last season, the underrated D.Rose leadership off the bench being the team closer took the Knicks to the Playoffs!
There's 2 major things u need to take into account ....
1) Thibs 1-4 coaching in the post-season games having the homecourt advantage,
2) Thibs go 2-8 while benching Kemba.
Those 2 things say there's more foolishness to come.
Thibs is not a better head-coach than Hornacek.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
If you want to win a Championship... Dolan should fire EVERYBODY!!

If you want to just make the playoff... then stay where you are and Good Luck with That!!

Just remember one very, very, very important thing. There are some of us who wants to win a championship in the near future. For those that want the second option... Just tell option 1 when?

Dark.......James Dolan is the issue.......He will never stop having one hand in.

I?m a big Thibs guy, but I don?t like a lot of what I?m seeing this year.

I don?t think you fire him when the Knicks still have such a middling roster. They?ll replace him with a worse coach and the cycle starts again.

People always talk as if we fire the coach and Greg Popovich is walking through the door to replace him. Instead, we?ll get whatever recently retired player with no coaching experience who can smooth talk our front office.

And yes, Phil Jackson coming in and firing Mike Woodson was insane, but I?ll tell you what, at the time a lot of Knicks fans liked the move. It?s funny how seeing all the garbage that followed Woodson made people appreciate him more in retrospect.

Kiyaman

Legend
We all know, Dolan & Leon Rose are not Firing Thibs anytime soon.
There's no winning NBA coach out their willing to deal with Dolans policy.
I'm a Fan just calling it how I see it .. It's gonna be plenty games this season, I yell trade Randle, or Fire Thibs. Especially, when i notice Thibs are heading into the same direction he did on the Timberwolves.

Kemba becoming the East Player of the Week, as soon as the Protocols took Kemba out of coach Thibs DNP dog-house (Thibs was 2-8 without Kemba). The urge to agree to a Fire-Thibs poster wasn't hard.