Game thread: New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics 1/6/2021 7:30pm [Game #39]

mafra

Legend
RJ banks the game-winner. Lol. Wow.

I don?t care about Evans 10 or 12 threes or his 40 something points. His man almost scored 40 too?.

It should infuriate NYK that Evan plays like All Star vs BOS. I know they don?t play defense, but where is this Evan against everybody else. Just shows me he ain?t a professional and can?t get his head on right most nights. Sure, he can come to play against his former team? where is that most nights tho?

Kiyaman

Legend
From down by 25 points late in 2nd Quarter?
Evan Fournier career high 41 points off of 10/13 from 3's
He has just earned my support again vs Boston.
Plus Quickley's 2nd half 2-way show for a 16 pt night
Then ....
RJ Barrett with the SIGNATURE WALK OFF GAME WINNING BUZZER BEATING 3 ..
Barrett's off the Glass Bank for the WINNNN .. in 1.5 sec made tonight game ..
BEST WIN OF THE SEASON !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ banks the game-winner. Lol. Wow.

I don?t care about Evans 10 or 12 threes or his 40 something points. His man almost scored 40 too?.

It should infuriate NYK that Evan plays like All Star vs BOS. I know they don?t play defense, but where is this Evan against everybody else. Just shows me he ain?t a professional and can?t get his head on right most nights. Sure, he can come to play against his former team? where is that most nights tho?

Wsup Mafra .. Our King & tandem Captains (Thibs/Randle/RJ) has to learn how to play team-ball on both sides of the court in a 9 man rotation ..

I'm sure u watch the first half of the game .. Boston defense put a LOCK on our top 3 scorers (Randle/Barrett/Burks) for 3 straight quarters. It was Fournier's scoring each quarter that kept us in the game throughout those 4 quarters for a Knicks WIN.
Williams & Horford frontline defense gave Boston the 25 pt lead in the first half.
Thibs have to start sharing the Star Scorers role in each game, and stop giving it to Randle & Barrett every game. I thought Thibs would've learned something from the Kemba situation.
Fournier & Quickley 2nd half performance won this game.
Both Randle & Barrett's FT misses in the final minute of the game, almost lead the game to a overtime.

tiger0330

Legend
Just saw that shot by RJ and I?m not sure what he said in the post game about it but I thought he meant to bank it in off the glass. I saw the box score in the first half and they we?re getting slaughtered so incredible come from behind win.

mafra

Legend
That was a big win, based on the position in the standings and tiebreakers? it becomes bigger if they win in BOS on Sat? but at least this affords the team a cushion.

Will the shot be a turning point? Stay tuned

Question- was this a busted play?? Reason because Evan had the ?Hot Hand? even though that doesn?t mean anything to Thib?s.

Was Boston just like T-Wolves(last year) that wanted the ball in RJ hands?

A pray ???????? was answered!!

I don?t get it. Up until recently, Randle seemed pretty resilient to criticism. Fans have really gotten to him I guess. He?s not playing as well this season as last season but he?s still basically averaging 20 - 10 - 5.

Both Randle and the fans booing him need to chill out.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you got it, JR in Phoenix in 2012.

Wow, i couldn't believe that, needed to look it up. Still can't believe it, 10 years without a winning buzzer beater?? And the last one at the Garden came from David Lee back in 2006... can't forget about crawford vs nuggets (actually that was not a buzzer beater but it was a game winner), marbury vs jazz, nate vs sixers or lin vs raptors.. these memories feel feel like yesterday and yet so much time passed..

Anyway, incredible win, woke up in the morning to watch the replay of the game, was spoiled by the notification i got from the athletic but still enjoyed the second half. Fournier kept the Knicks from starving but RJ got the biggest slice.

Just goes to show how much the fan base really knows about BB. Randle is an obvious target because F.O. has put him as the face of the Knicks. Don?t get me wrong? Randle wanted it and all that went with it. He just forgot who he was as a player. His time with Lakers and N. O. is something he wants to forget. He wants to be the ?Darling of N.Y.? but he isn?t built for it. Neither is anyone else on this team. See you need someone with ?Ice Water? in there veins. That player doesn?t exist on this team.

Now you could sign one that is available but he is over 30 and hasn?t played in a couple of years but is healthy from what I hear.

I was going to open a new thread on him but decided not too. Since D.Rose went down thought we needed a #1 option.

Back to Randle & the fans. Our fan base use to be the most knowledgeable fans in the NBA. No more? they like and do whatever the F.O. tells them. They don?t have enough sense to think for themselves. Three years into this mess that Perry and Mills concocted and no light at the end of the tunnel for a championship. The majority of them just want to make the playoff and they are good. Lost all sense of pride that we once had and now settle for anything. Example- last year out of all the F.A. there was one that should have been kept. They couldn?t see the value in Bobby P. so they let him go to win a championship. Who did you hear saying keep Bobby P. ? Nobody!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don?t get it. Up until recently, Randle seemed pretty resilient to criticism. Fans have really gotten to him I guess. He?s not playing as well this season as last season but he?s still basically averaging 20 - 10 - 5.
Both Randle and the fans booing him need to chill out.

Well, Knicks fans are aware that Randle doesn't have a winning performance when Fans are in MSG arena, having a 8-11 Home record this season. Plus recalling the Knicks 1-4 playoff, having home court advantage when the fans were first allowed to attend the games.
How did Randle expect the Knicks fans in MSG to react when Boston grabbed a 25 pt lead in the first half of the game ???

Question- was this a busted play?? Reason because Evan had the ?Hot Hand? even though that doesn?t mean anything to Thib?s.

Was Boston just like T-Wolves(last year) that wanted the ball in RJ hands?
A pray ???????? was answered!!

Lets see .. Barrett had his shot handed back to him (blocked) six or 7 times throughout the game, plus Boston defense didn't allow Barrett & Randle to score, until after Boston grabbed a 25 pt lead. Oh yeah, Barrett made a critical turn-over going down the stretch, plus Randle & Barrett missing FT shots in the remaining seconds of the game.
Yes! coach Thibs were stupid, and very LUCKY !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks WINNING Game-Ball for the Game goes to Evan Fournier consistent high scoring in all 4 quarters for a 41 pt game, and to Quickley's creative energy off the bench to help Fournier chop away Boston's 25 pt lead to finally tie the game at 96 with 4 min remaining in the game. And Quickley's floater gave the Knicks the first lead in the game 101-103. Boston call timeout, and coach Thib's take Fournier out the game for Burks having 44 seconds remaining in the game,
MitchRob steals ball from Schroder, and Tatum fouls RJ, and RJ hit 1 out of 2 FT, making the score 101-104 Knicks. Burks foul Smart, and Smart hit both FT 103-104 Knicks having 18 sec remain.
Then Smart fouls Randle who makes 1 out of 2 FT shots to make the score 103-105 Knicks having 12 sec remain.
Tatum hit a jumper to tie the score 105-105, leaving 1.5 seconds remaining in the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe Knicks fans should take a page from Pacers fans. In their game vs the Nets the fans gave Lance Stephenson a standing ovation when he entered the game in the first with about 6 mins left, he didn't take his first shot until 5 mins were left but he was red hot and scored 20pts over the remaining 5 mins in the qtr. If Knicks fans cheered guys rather than booing them, maybe they would play better.

Maybe they(the fans) have seen enough of this?horse and pony? shows. Got any fresh ideas that can turn a team around.
Knicks fans are a fan base with no future. There is no light at the end of the tunnel just darkness.
Give them a future? give a player(or players) with some electricity & explosive? give someone who can transform the team and the game.
Do you think they see last year as an improvement or other teams positioning themselves for the best draft in a few years?

KingCharles34

All Star
Tonights game should be another entertaining one against the Bostscum Celtpricks

Im sure the C's will have revenge on their mind but if we show up to play with heart and aggression this Knicks team always has a chance. The problem this year is the effort has been very inconsistent