Legend
Well, we get RJ and Cam after all

With DH back, did ATL sell high?

Now they need Zion and it?s a Duke reunion

mafra

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade.

mafra

Legend
Cam Reddish is 22 years old. He?s already improved to a 38 percent 3-point shooter, while showing real ability as a playmaker too -- both in ISO and P-R. He?s 6-8 and will eventually guard three positions. No doubt a future All-Star! Just an incredible move by the #Knicks.

Random tweet

Watch out Evan!

These are moves I like? load up in talent 20-24 years old? lay the foundation and the Star will come.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Cam Reddish is 22 years old. He?s already improved to a 38 percent 3-point shooter, while showing real ability as a playmaker too -- both in ISO and P-R. He?s 6-8 and will eventually guard three positions. No doubt a future All-Star! Just an incredible move by the #Knicks.

Random tweet

Watch out Evan!

These are moves I like? load up in talent 20-24 years old? lay the foundation and the Star will come.

A no brainer move.............Go Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Surprised Hawks would do this deal. Knox not going to help them make them any better than Cam, talk about an underwhelming season after their run last year, they have to have other trades in mind.

tiger0330

Legend
Future AS, I doubt it. Hawks wouldn't trade a rookie contract if they thought he had that kind of potential but KK for him definitely a no brainer.

mafra

Legend
I think ATL has an upgrade target ? and are trying to collect picks? I wonder if they flip Collins and picks for Ben Simmons?

tiger0330

Legend
Hawks should be trying to move heaven and earth to dump Gallo instead of worrying whether they could afford to pay both Cam and Hunter. Thibs has a rep of not playing young dudes who are as inconsistent as Cam, let's see if he can break into the rotation, I'd love to see him give Evan a run for his money. We still could use a PG and playmaker that can stay healthy.

Wow, Knox finally done as a Knick. Now he?ll go sit on the bench in Atlanta.

Interesting trade. Front office must think Cam Redish is a significant upgrade over what Knox could have done. We?ll see. Front office apparently made sure to not give up Grimes. A top 18 protected pick certainly has its worth, but I guess this was worth rolling the dice on.

mafra

Legend
Who would you target as a PG, especially with Dame out with surgery?

Sexton
Simmons

Fox
SGA

2 are probably available? 2 probably aren?t?.

I would love a Simmons, Cam, RJ, Obi, Mitch starting 5?.

mafra

Legend
Word is Rose held his ground? ATL wanted Grimes but settled in Knox?

That Charlotte first-round pick was acquired on draft night. It?s top-18 protected this year and top-16 protected next year.

mafra

Legend
Rose must deal Burks and Evan tho? otherwise Grimes will suffer and Cam could be relegated to reserve futures behind the vets.

Have to at least deal 1 of them

mafra

Legend
Trading the third-year Reddish could open up future cap space for the Hawks while also landing them a first-round pick that they could use in future deals to land a bigger piece. The Hawks, who beat the Knicks in the first round of the playoffs last season, entered Thursday in 12th place in the Eastern Conference (right behind the Knicks) at 17-23.

The first-round pick the Knicks are sending to the Hawks is top-18 protected in 2022, top-16 in 2023 and top-14 in 2024 and 2025. If the Hornets keep the pick through 2025, it will turn into second-round picks in 2026 and 2027.

Cam under contract through 2023 but is seeking extension. Get him wrapped up at a team friendly contract

Hill out for season and he?s an expiring contract

mafra

Legend
According to SNY's Ian Begley, who reported the Knicks' interest in Reddish earlier this week, the Knicks and Hawks had talked about a deal for Reddish that sent Quentin Grimes to Atlanta. However, some Knicks decision-makers opposed including Grimes, who is not in the deal.

Begley reported on Jan. 11 that If the Knicks traded for Reddish, the club would presumably plan to sign him to another contract. Per Begley, teams interested in trading for Reddish pegged a potential extension at around $18-to-$20 million per year.

3/54?