Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Great run by the 2nd unit. Also helps Ingram got injured. But, we are almost out of time.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    In the first 8 min of the 3rd quarter the Knicks STARTERS gave the LOTTERY Pelicans a 23 pt lead ..
    The Ex-Knicks Mavs team have a 5 pt lead on the Top team in the West Phoenix Suns in the 3rd qtr.
    The Mavs lost at home like we did, almost by the same amount of pts

The problem with this team is the coach for the most part. Thibs would be on very thin ice if I were GM

Besides Randle name a player who’s truly maximized all their talents under him…and even in Randle’s case appears to be short lived

Matter of fact most players have regressed

Veteran

There’s a lot going wrong. No one change at any level is going to totally reverse our fortunes. This team needs to establish some identity. It just seems random what we do from game to game. That’s on the coaches, the players, and the front office.

It’s easy to overreact. This game wouldn’t be so bad if we hadn’t lost to Minnesota. Now the pressure really mounts. Last season we went on a huge winning streak in the 2nd half. Can this team save itself or not?

Man, I miss Derrick Rose.

Randle with 4 pints? I can and Kemba awful….

How do you score 17 in 1st and only 15 in second?

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Got outscored by 20 in the 3rd quarter.

Can’t blame this on any one guy. Maybe we just stink. Frustrating. Back to the drawing board.
    Yes, u can .. All blame goes to one guy coach Thibs !!!
    If coach Thibs would have kept playing the 2nd unit lineup in the past 25 games their chemistry & effort with each other would've won tonight game. Not putting our 2nd unit bench lineup on the court in over 20 straight games, because Knicks fans and announcers preferred the excitement of D.Rose 2nd unit bench lineup over the Knicks starters (Randle & Barrett) the first 20 games of the season. SMH

Well, three LOSSES in a row and Feb are a couple weeks away ....
    Would u do a Fox for Randle trade?
    The Kings need a big body, and the Knicks need a young experience PG for D.Rose to mentor into a leader.

Kings just said they aren’t trading Fox

They want to build around Fox and TH, the dude we should’ve drafted instead of Obi

But, yes, I would do JR for Fox’

Veteran

There’s a lot going wrong. No one change at any level is going to totally reverse our fortunes. This team needs to establish some identity. It just seems random what we do from game to game. That’s on the coaches, the players, and the front office.

It’s easy to overreact. This game wouldn’t be so bad if we hadn’t lost to Minnesota. Now the pressure really mounts. Last season we went on a huge winning streak in the 2nd half. Can this team save itself or not?

Man, I miss Derrick Rose.
    Derrick Rose career just prior to us reacquiring him told us he would be down and out at some point and for a while

Our record when he went down was 13-16, we are currently 22-24(net + 1gm from his absence) at one point we were a gm net + overall record wise a couple weeks ago…which would be a 4gm improvement from his absence

I don’t miss him one iota, although I agree he may have provided a spark in a couple gms but at who’s expense?

If you say identity is an issue after 100+ gms with the same coaching staff we might want to start there. Thibs is supposed to be this defensive stalwart of a mind

We’ve lost so many games at home and I said the other day…our schedule back half is brutal…T-Pups and Pels should’ve been the gimmies

Veteran

I don’t get the excitement about our 2nd unit so long as Noel and DRose are hurt.

We need Noel and DRose to get healthy and then we have some options.

Some of you guys must have been real fun to play sports with over the years where every loss is because of the coach or 1 player. Our team just isn’t playing well.

Veteran

This is just like last season. We were 25 - 27 and everyone wanted Thibs fired and every player traded. Then we won 9 straight and 12 out of 13 and suddenly everyone was back on board.

Get Noel, DRose, and Reddish healthy and let’s get back on track.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Derrick Rose career just prior to us reacquiring him told us he would be down and out at some point and for a while

Our record when he went down was 13-16, we are currently 22-24(net + 1gm from his absence) at one point we were a gm net + overall record wise a couple weeks ago…which would be a 4gm improvement from his absence

I don’t miss him one iota, although I agree he may have provided a spark in a couple gms but at who’s expense?

If you say identity is an issue after 100+ gms with the same coaching staff we might want to start there. Thibs is supposed to be this defensive stalwart of a mind

We’ve lost so many games at home and I said the other day…our schedule back half is brutal…T-Pups and Pels should’ve been the gimmies
    How come I was the only one who knew D.Rose was not going to be in the Knicks starter lineup in the 2021-22 season? Could it be the Knicks postseason games Thibs made D.Rose a starter (0-3), or was it throughout last season D.Rose never made a fuss to be in the starter lineup.
    Or was it D.Rose luv coming to work to be apart of the Knicks trio-backcourt (D.Rose Quickley Burks) lineup coming off the bench last season to outscore the majority of their opponents.
    D.Rose was not a happy Knicks the day coach Thibs broke-up the Knicks best trio-backcourt lineup, by making Burks replace Kemba in the starter lineup, because D.Rose refuse to be in the starter lineup.
    When coach Thibs announce starter Kemba Walker was not going to be in the Knicks rotation after 20 games in the season, D.Rose did not play in the next Knicks game.
    Coach Thibs probably wouldn't have went on a 2-8 run in the next 10 games.
    Thibs .. upsetting not one, but both veteran PG (Kemba & D.Rose) on the team.
    And the Knicks last 3 games performance look like coach Thibs upset some more Knicks players on the team.
    Tonight, I was happy to see the Knicks 2nd unit lineup back on the court having rookie Grimes replace D.Rose.

What we have seen from the Thibbs era so far, through fist 1.5 seasons, is that the team responds to adversity….

Whenever it appears the team is on the verge of collapsing, they seem to be able to have a little surge and bounce back.

This team is flawed and has many issues. This is obvious. This roster is in the mix of a bunch of others vying for the 9-10 seed.

We are accustomed to Phil-Jeff-Fiz, and we experienced a run of 17 win type seasons. We don’t have to worry about that now.

Building something comes with these sort of spasms as the team rebuilds. Perhaps the foundation is already set or perhaps nobody on this roster will be around when this thing is truly turned around.

What did people expect this season? I think a 40-win team was par, no?

Losing Rose destroyed the advantage we had with our second unit. We’ve gotten little from the bench lately…

Randle more like first season Julius than last year’s version; RJ still growing; Mitch still growing. AB, EF, KW haven’t taken the pressure off Randle and RJ…

Maybe it clicks and another run comes, maybe deals are made, made they end up in lottery… sit back and see what happens.

As of AUG, Rose is open for criticism. Let’s see the roster he assembles for next season. I think by then we will know if Rose is really competent and has a vision or if he’s in over his head.

Knows the team

This is just like last season. We were 25 - 27 and everyone wanted Thibs fired and every player traded. Then we won 9 straight and 12 out of 13 and suddenly everyone was back on board.
    The performance we seen tonight .. FROM the Knicks Starter-lineup in the first quarter (27-17) and the Third quarter (35-15) made me change the channel to the Suns vs Mavs Game.
    And our last two Losses .. Especially loosing to the Charlotte Hornets by 10 pts without their star player LaMelo Ball.
    Who job is it to fix the starter lineup ???

And last season ....
    The Knicks had a 11-15 record the day D.Rose became a Knicks (again).
    A couple of weeks before D.Rose arrived, The Knicks were 3-7 in last 10 games, coming off of a 5 game loosing streak. The Knicks would not have had 25 wins last season going 3-7 every 10 games ..
    Not giving D.Rose his PROPS for the Knicks success last season are a sin.
    D.Rose brang Player-Leadership to a young potential team that didn't have any ..
    Assistant coach Woodson gave the young coaching-staff experience ..
    There were better veteran-centers available in FA to replace Bobby Portis than Noel.
    So far Noel & Randle same-page meshing in a lineup has been getting as good as F/C Taj Gibson & D.Rose consistent same-page chemistry.

The KNICKS are not a good team.
    Randle played last year a got his contact. He gave it everything he got but the playoffs showed that he can only be so good.

I agree with Dark that once Cam is in the line-up we will see a drastic change in the Knicks strength

12th man

I agree, things could be worse you could be a Lakers fan. They play the 8-38 Magic tonight. Magic beat them and Vogel is gone tomorrow with Fizdale installed as the interim. One thing about losing is Thibs will be forced to play Cam, looking forward to seeing what he can do