Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I wonder how Randle's game would be with Ben Simmons feeding him (plus we know the potential between Ben and Mitch/Obi.)

This team actually DOES have good things going for them. In general there's good vets and young players, but there's problems that need to be fixed otherwise the team is going to be stagnant or regress and it won't be because of lack of talent and fresh legs.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

I agree with Metrocard i want Randle gone. I think its a shame that once he got paid he loosened up with his approach. His attitude is toxic, hes always angry and complaining. We dont need that around our young players like RJ, Obi and IQ...who have all shown very good character and work ethic

Thibs has made mistakes and does overplay his players but i have to put the majority of the blame on Foolius Randle. Hes comeback at about 60% of the player he was last year and thats on him

Veteran

You guys must have surveillance cameras in the Knicks locker room to know all this stuff I’ve never seen on TV. Randle makes 2nd team All-Pro and takes less money to give team flexibility to build a winner. Randle comes into the season and says he needs to be better than last year for this team to be a winner.

Fans boo him and he tells them to **** off.

If you do nothing, you’re apathetic. If you do something, you’re toxic.

Maybe the fans are toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles34 View Post
    Foolius Randle

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by RunningJumper View Post
    I wonder how Randle's game would be with Ben Simmons feeding him (plus we know the potential between Ben and Mitch/Obi.)

This team actually DOES have good things going for them. In general there's good vets and young players, but there's problems that need to be fixed otherwise the team is going to be stagnant or regress and it won't be because of lack of talent and fresh legs.
    The Knicks entire roster and coaching-staff would look-up to Ben Simmons ..
    This season, the Knicks need a better facilitator of the ball other than Randle.
    The Knicks FO number-one Priority should be getting Ben Simmons before Feb deadline!
    Randle would have to be a piece in a 3 team trade for the Knicks to get Ben Simmons.
    Ben Simmons player-coach skills should be the Knicks Franchise Player for the next decade !!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    The Knicks entire roster and coaching-staff would look-up to Ben Simmons ..
    This season, the Knicks need a better facilitator of the ball other than Randle.
    The Knicks FO number-one Priority should be getting Ben Simmons before Feb deadline!
    Randle would have to be a piece in a 3 team trade for the Knicks to get Ben Simmons.
    Ben Simmons player-coach skills should be the Knicks Franchise Player for the next decade !!!
    I don’t think Philly would trade Simmons to us at an acceptable price. To keep him in the division, we’d have to make such a stupid trade with Philly to get him. They’d want almost all our 1st round picks and to take back Harris’ contract. So, we’d lose almost all our 1st round picks and have to exchange a whole bunch of our relatively flexible contracts for 70+ million a year in long term salary. Philly would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Fans boo him and he tells them to **** off.
    He doesn't though.
    Instead, he had another poor performance following the game he got booed. He was cancerous on both ends.

Javy Baez got booed by the Mets fanbase...what he does? bats over .310 and plays gold glove defense with godlike basestealing.

Randle instead returns the deed with poor performances and empty stats.

Fans would be toxic if they kept booing Randle he responded with a good performance.
    The fans have a reason to boo and Julius continue to gives them because it goes beyond bad performances.

Look at Julius' body language, demeanor and how hesitant and slow paced he becomes in the fourth quarter and we never build runs with him on the floor, for most of the season its been when he's benched. How does this rub off on our younger players?

For those who hype up last season, I give you the previous season when Randle wasn't so good. True Randle is closer to the 19-20 season than the 20-21 season. 20-21 Randle was just playing for his contract season. It's hindering RJ and Toppin's progress who both play better when Randle is benched. RJ/Toppin's progress/time in NY > Julius.

The sooner we trade him, the faster we start building a contender. You can't win with Julius, this isn't a Zach Randolph situation. Julius isn't the alpha or leader Randolph was, nor defender. Kevin Love/White Wade scorched Julius on the P&R, a game the Knicks could of won. Randle's playstyle doesn't equal winning. If fans are toxic the only thing can that be said, then you know we have a problem.

What team wins with a slow placed big who shoots 40% FG 30% 3PT who's a cancer on defense? We're tied to this for 4 season s, do we need to repeat this again in 2022-23 for you to be convinced?
    ?

RJ has been the leader of this team on and off the court. He holds himself and team accountable in the press conference where Knicks are literally taking fines to avoid Randle making things worse. Also RJ has been better than Randle throughout the season. When RJ scores 25+ we have a much higher win % than when Randle scores 25+ because Randle does it at the expense of our pace/defense. Where as RJ plays within the team and is a positive on defense despite sharing so much time on the court with Randle. Toppin is already better than Randle on the defensive end and his jumpshot will come along. Randle is very expendable, and anyone who doesn't think RJ isn't a leader on this team doesn't know the Knicks or basketball. He's only doing this at 21 with a cancerous coach and a cancerous top paid player who cripples the Knicks cap flexibility.
    ?

RJ always bringing up playing as a team, 21 and takes accountability and has shown this franchise growth and maturity. Randle/RJ been butting heads on court if you haven't notice.
    ?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metrocard View Post

RJ always bringing up playing as a team, 21 and takes accountability and has shown this franchise growth and maturity. Randle/RJ been butting heads on court if you haven't notice.
    I haven’t noticed and I watch every game. What have you seen? Something last night?

?

?

?

Where is the replacement for a double/double player??
    Oh Yeah, there some walking the streets or right outside our door. They are knocking down the door to get in. Wonderful!!
    So who are the player or players to replace double/double player? I see no name or names.
    This is how things are done with no idea about tomorrow or the consequences of what you do.
    These are type of ideas that are running this team. No idea about tomorrow and the actions they take.

Veteran

Metro back after these years and STILL stirring the pot. Sorry I’m still recovering from the Chiefs big win Sunday. What a game! I was thinking about getting league pass for the $50 but our Knicks are under .500 and I can’t figure out why. Thibbs does overplay his vets. That was one of his problems here in Chicago. As far a JR goes, I think it’s a little simplistic to blame everything on JR. I think we miss D.Rose. We play faster w/ Derrick on the floor and he knows how to close games out. When is D.Rose back? Anyway welcome back Metro. We missed you around here. And that’s a mouthful coming from Chief!