Randle should never wear a Knicks uniform again.

The Knicks entire roster and coaching-staff would look-up to Ben Simmons ..
This season, the Knicks need a better facilitator of the ball other than Randle.
The Knicks FO number-one Priority should be getting Ben Simmons before Feb deadline!
Randle would have to be a piece in a 3 team trade for the Knicks to get Ben Simmons.
Ben Simmons player-coach skills should be the Knicks Franchise Player for the next decade !!!

I don?t think Philly would trade Simmons to us at an acceptable price. To keep him in the division, we?d have to make such a stupid trade with Philly to get him. They?d want almost all our 1st round picks and to take back Harris? contract. So, we?d lose almost all our 1st round picks and have to exchange a whole bunch of our relatively flexible contracts for 70+ million a year in long term salary. Philly would love that.

metrocard

Legend
Fans boo him and he tells them to **** off.

He doesn't though.
Instead, he had another poor performance following the game he got booed. He was cancerous on both ends.

Javy Baez got booed by the Mets fanbase...what he does? bats over .310 and plays gold glove defense with godlike basestealing.

Randle instead returns the deed with poor performances and empty stats.

Fans would be toxic if they kept booing Randle he responded with a good performance.
The fans have a reason to boo and Julius continue to gives them because it goes beyond bad performances.

Look at Julius' body language, demeanor and how hesitant and slow paced he becomes in the fourth quarter and we never build runs with him on the floor, for most of the season its been when he's benched. How does this rub off on our younger players?

For those who hype up last season, I give you the previous season when Randle wasn't so good. True Randle is closer to the 19-20 season than the 20-21 season. 20-21 Randle was just playing for his contract season. It's hindering RJ and Toppin's progress who both play better when Randle is benched. RJ/Toppin's progress/time in NY > Julius.

The sooner we trade him, the faster we start building a contender. You can't win with Julius, this isn't a Zach Randolph situation. Julius isn't the alpha or leader Randolph was, nor defender. Kevin Love/White Wade scorched Julius on the P&R, a game the Knicks could of won. Randle's playstyle doesn't equal winning. If fans are toxic the only thing can that be said, then you know we have a problem.

What team wins with a slow placed big who shoots 40% FG 30% 3PT who's a cancer on defense? We're tied to this for 4 season s, do we need to repeat this again in 2022-23 for you to be convinced?

metrocard

Legend
RJ has been the leader of this team on and off the court. He holds himself and team accountable in the press conference where Knicks are literally taking fines to avoid Randle making things worse. Also RJ has been better than Randle throughout the season. When RJ scores 25+ we have a much higher win % than when Randle scores 25+ because Randle does it at the expense of our pace/defense. Where as RJ plays within the team and is a positive on defense despite sharing so much time on the court with Randle. Toppin is already better than Randle on the defensive end and his jumpshot will come along. Randle is very expendable, and anyone who doesn't think RJ isn't a leader on this team doesn't know the Knicks or basketball. He's only doing this at 21 with a cancerous coach and a cancerous top paid player who cripples the Knicks cap flexibility.

metrocard

Legend

RJ always bringing up playing as a team, 21 and takes accountability and has shown this franchise growth and maturity. Randle/RJ been butting heads on court if you haven't notice.

RJ always bringing up playing as a team, 21 and takes accountability and has shown this franchise growth and maturity. Randle/RJ been butting heads on court if you haven't notice.

I haven?t noticed and I watch every game. What have you seen? Something last night?

Where is the replacement for a double/double player??
Oh Yeah, there some walking the streets or right outside our door. They are knocking down the door to get in. Wonderful!!
So who are the player or players to replace double/double player? I see no name or names.
This is how things are done with no idea about tomorrow or the consequences of what you do.
These are type of ideas that are running this team. No idea about tomorrow and the actions they take.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Metro back after these years and STILL stirring the pot. Sorry I?m still recovering from the Chiefs big win Sunday. What a game! I was thinking about getting league pass for the $50 but our Knicks are under .500 and I can?t figure out why. Thibbs does overplay his vets. That was one of his problems here in Chicago. As far a JR goes, I think it?s a little simplistic to blame everything on JR. I think we miss D.Rose. We play faster w/ Derrick on the floor and he knows how to close games out. When is D.Rose back? Anyway welcome back Metro. We missed you around here. And that?s a mouthful coming from Chief!

Rose is back traveling with the team on this road trip so hopefully his return is imminent.

If we ever get healthy and Thibs gives them minutes, we could look very different with Rose, Kemba, MRob, Noel, and Cam all in the rotation at the same time. Not going to hold my breath though.

Kiyaman

Legend
Metro back after these years and STILL stirring the pot. Sorry I?m still recovering from the Chiefs big win Sunday. What a game! I was thinking about getting league pass for the $50 but our Knicks are under .500 and I can?t figure out why. Thibbs does overplay his vets. That was one of his problems here in Chicago. As far a JR goes, I think it?s a little simplistic to blame everything on JR. I think we miss D.Rose. We play faster w/ Derrick on the floor and he knows how to close games out. When is D.Rose back? Anyway welcome back Metro. We missed you around here. And that?s a mouthful coming from Chief!

The Final 7 min of the KC vs Bills Game turned-up the volume in my house .. Great Playoff Game to watch !!!

The Knicks head coach Thibs coaching the past two months has been for the birds.
The Knicks future young-core players (Quickley, Obi, Grimes, Deuce, Sims) got no confidence or growth or luv from coach Thibs during this Covid Protocol season.
Thibs LUV for Randle & Barrett has been as bad as ex-coach Fiz.
And the Knicks media has been worst than Thibs trying to hype Randle & Barrett into a Malone & Stocton LOL

The no-passing RJ Barrett having a low b.ball IQ has been the Knicks top scorer the past two month because coach Thibs has increased RJ Barrett's NBA career of 15 shot attempts per game, to take over 20 shot attempts per game the past two months.
RJ Barrett has scored 30 + points 3 times this season, and 4 times in 3 seasons.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The Final 7 min of the KC vs Bills Game turned-up the volume in my house .. Great Playoff Game to watch !!!

The Knicks head coach Thibs coaching the past two months has been for the birds.
The Knicks future young-core players (Quickley, Obi, Grimes, Deuce, Sims) got no confidence or growth or luv from coach Thibs during this Covid Protocol season.
Thibs LUV for Randle & Barrett has been as bad as ex-coach Fiz.
And the Knicks media has been worst than Thibs trying to hype Randle & Barrett into a Malone & Stocton LOL

The no-passing RJ Barrett having a low b.ball IQ has been the Knicks top scorer the past two month because coach Thibs has increased RJ Barrett's NBA career of 15 shot attempts per game, to take over 20 shot attempts per game the past two months.
RJ Barrett has scored 30 + points 3 times this season, and 4 times in 3 seasons.

Give RJ a break he?s learning on the fly we are talking about a 21 year old kid here. And Thibbs has always been hesitant to play younger players that was another knock on him here in the CHI. Great game Sunday night ?were u not entertained!!!?. Cardiac Chiefs almost killed me. I don?t go out to watch the Chiefs games anymore because Bears fans are know it all haters even tho they haven?t won since 85?. Should be another good one Sunday. We lost to the Bengals a couple weeks ago. The zebras gave them the game to point where Borrow gave the refs credit in the post game interview. Should be another classic!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don?t think Philly would trade Simmons to us at an acceptable price. To keep him in the division, we?d have to make such a stupid trade with Philly to get him. They?d want almost all our 1st round picks and to take back Harris? contract. So, we?d lose almost all our 1st round picks and have to exchange a whole bunch of our relatively flexible contracts for 70+ million a year in long term salary. Philly would love that.

Good Point .. I'm sure Doc Rivers & Embiid does not want to play against their young Ex-player/coach Ben Simmons as an opponent 4 times a season, and the possibility of bumbling heads in the playoffs.
The Eastern conference are STRONG in the NBA 2021-22 season, having teams like the Bulls, Hornets, and Ex-Lebron Cavs performing at postseason contender level vs all of the East last-season playoff teams. Unless Brooklyn gives up Harden, or Knicks give up Randle.
Other than those moves, I guess Ben Simmons wont get traded this season, until 2022 Draft Night!
The Western conference teams has the majority of the top PG, and point-forwards in the league.
So the majority of West teams are not offering equal trades.
Plus we can take the Blazers star PG Dam Lillard out of a Ben trade.
Dam has settle-down well being a franchise-player in Portland the past decade. Dam waiting comfortably for the Blazer FO to get him a back-court partner that have Ben Simmons capabilities on offense/defense.

metrocard

Legend
Julius Randle is more likely to score fewer than 10 points (7) than more than 30 points (5) this season.He has more digits on his new contract (9) than games with better than 50 FG% (6) this season.

Randle sitting away from his teammates

metrocard

Legend

Congrats to the close game for the Chiefs. My Jets still suck nothing changed. Thank you for the welcome. You're remember well! we had decades here basically. Stay blessed and good luck to the Chiefs. Playoffs been intense, atleast you have them knowing how much Knicks mess with our mental health lol.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Congrats to the close game for the Chiefs. My Jets still suck nothing changed. Thank you for the welcome. You're remember well! we had decades here basically. Stay blessed and good luck to the Chiefs. Playoffs been intense, atleast you have them knowing how much Knicks mess with our mental health lol.

Thanks Metro. As great as I felt after winning two weeks ago is as bad as I felt after blowing that lead to the Bungles. Like game 7 John Starks 3-19 bad. Oof..,,

mafra

Legend
Marc Berman in NYP said the same thing, especially now that his mentor Kenny Payne is gone.

Knicks might lose both Randle and Mitch this summer. Berman suggests they?ll use Randle to get a C? We know Thibbs wants rim protection?. Turner from Indy 1 target?.

Maybe they make run at S-Bey?

We are so going to get screwed on this.

Randle is a 20, 10, and 5 guy, which on paper says value, and his contract is big but not a max deal. BUT, he?s coming off an off year after being a 2nd Team All-Pro and now he?s disgruntled publicly?

A good front office, maybe you can salvage this. But, our lame duck front office, with other teams knowing that Randle wants out, this is going to be a mess.

Everyone needs to play nice for another half season or so and then maybe this won?t be a disaster to move him.