Julius Randle not made available to Media:

Contrary to popular belief this why Julius Randle did talk to the media. The Knicks F.O. refuse to let him speak to the media. They pay a $25,000 fine for doing so. Again, this wasn't Randle saying I'm not talking to media but the F.O. saying so.
The books get cooked a lot of time in this forum by those that can't deal with the truth. So, they bend the truth to suit whatever they are trying to do.
So, here is the article in the New York Post stating the truth.

Knicks fined for refusing to make Julius Randle available (nypost.com)

I wouldn?t talk to the media either if my boss was going to pay the fine.

Fans and media can?t understand why no one wants to come to the Knicks. They need to take a look in the mirror for a big part of the reason why.

Last edited:
The thread was for vindication of Randle not to dislike him.

Maybe I should have stated it differently.

I apologize. Now that I read your post again, you clearly are defending him. I obviously have no idea what is going on anymore. Maybe it?s time for me to retire.

Knicks continue to be willing to pay fines for not making Randle available to media.

Randle and Dolan seem to be tight.

Last edited:
Did they pay another fine??

You think so about Dolan and Randle??

I didn?t see that they got fined again, but I assume that?s what?s going to happen if they keep not making Randle available to the media.

After the recent fine, Randle thanked Mr. Dolan. They seem to be on the same page. If Knicks want to keep Randle from the media, Dolan seems willing to pay up.

I didn?t see that they got fined again, but I assume that?s what?s going to happen if they keep not making Randle available to the media.

After the recent fine, Randle thanked Mr. Dolan. They seem to be on the same page. If Knicks want to keep Randle from the media, Dolan seems willing to pay up.

Didn't see where Randle thanked Mr. Dolan.

So what page are they on?? Why pay money when all Randle has to say is it's a coach's decision. We run plays according to what coach draws up for us. etc, etc.

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like what?s being reported is what me and Mafra spoke on a few games ago. I noticed the unfair weird treatment early last yr

Ironic enough the team is looking to trade most of it?s veterans signaling we?re going with youth and possibly developing them

Lodi Freakin Do!!!!

Something I thought should?ve taken place last yr, such as starting IQ and try to see if he has the chops to be a starter but we thought EP and Rose were more a priority, which was asinine

We begged for more minutes for OB last yr, didn?t happen. He?s avg a WHOPPING 4.8min increase over last yr?smh : (

Some still had hopes Knox and Stank would get more comprehensive looks?NOPE!

I was on the Grimes train Day 1?should?ve been avg 20min every night at a min

If we see trades the writing is on the wall for Thibs. Play the youngsters, develop them?or else kick rocks!

Oh and get the hell rid of Gibson and Rose too, while we?re at it

Last edited:
On one side, clearly Randle gets more leeway than any other player for keeping his playing time.

On the other side, who on our roster has played consistently well enough night after night to keep their playing time?

I?m not going to shed any tears if this team moves some veterans to clear playing time for Obi, Quickley, Grimes, McBride, etc. I do have some doubts that our front office will be able to move guys though.

If Alec Burks does get traded, I will say that I will always respect how big a role he played last year in our big late season winning streak. I keep waiting for him to regain last year?s 4th quarter magic, but so far not so much this year.

mafra

Legend
I think it?s clear, well at least I hope it is, that this team is going. Howe here this season.

It?s fruitless, to fight for the 8-10 seed? that?s not a fight worth having for these vets. So, if you aren?t going to fortify the roster for a playoff run?. Then you better be planning for the future.

That means? Kemba, AB, Julius, Evan, Noel are all available to be had.

Rose and Taj can provide veteran leadership.

From there?. Depending on what assets you fetch for trading vets:

IQ
Grimes
RJ
Obi
Mitch

Cam, McBride, Sims

But, this is fluid. If they get Brunson for Kemba, for example? then he starts.

Point is: the things are now, the best 5 for this season and for the best interest of the org?s future?

Let those 6-8 guys gel for 25 games. See if they can go on a playoff bubble run. See if they are worthy of being the foundation. Showcase them for summer deals. Just don?t give me more uninspired vet crapola

Who we want teams to want from us: Burks, Kemba, Fournier, Taj, veterans

Who teams are going to try to take from us before the deadline: Quickley, Toppin, Grimes, our rookie contract guys

Same old situation.

We probably need a trade deadline thread.

I?ll just say this here though since it is Randle-related. Knicks have ?touched base? with Mavericks about Jalen Brunson. Whoever trades for Jalen Brunson will be offering him a deal at 20+ million per year starting next season.

Would anyone be excited about a team that starts next season with 65+ million per year invested in a trio of Randle, Brunson, and Fournier? Have to hope we move Fournier if we trade for Brunson.

I?m okay with our current deals so long as we don?t add another long-term 20+ million dollar per year player that then actually removes our salary flexibility. No player like Brunson is going to suddenly make us relevant again.

Ok, let me start by saying I wouldn't do what I'm about to post but some might say ok.

Have you watch Dallas play with Luka out?? If so you should have notice something about the team. They are the slowest team in the league with Knicks being second. Now I heard those things stated but didn't check it because it sound and seem correct.

The ball movement on the Mav's is vastly improve with Luka out of the lineup. He may ISO as much as RJ and Randle put together. Now that being said this what I think.
If I was Cuban I would trade Luka to whatever fool that would take him. He isn't going to win a championship with Luka running the show. Notice I said, WIN, not give. In this new NBA it more about entertainment than competition.

So Question is would you trade for Luka knowing you are going to win a championship and if so what would you give for him? That would give the Knicks a so-called SuperStar and would settle down the fanbase until they wake-up and realize what has happen.

So would you do it??