Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Correct, That is the reason I started my post with that statement.
    Question to you is did they?

Two Things:
    1. RJ is a 100% correct "I don't feel like I've done anything so far". He hasn't!!
    2. RJ, the fanbase is waking up and they are getting it.

RJ is 21 and I know you make light of that but what a humble mature answer by the kid......that shows mental growth as well......

Dark just be honest as some of us will be when its time to admit if RJ is a bust or not.

Quote Originally Posted by skisloper1 View Post
    RJ is 21 and I know you make light of that but what a humble mature answer by the kid......that shows mental growth as well......

Dark just be honest as some of us will be when its time to admit if RJ is a bust or not.
    "Humble mature answer"... How about it the only answer that should have been given be it mature or immature. That shows he know the position he's been put in and that good. 21 means a grown man and the harsh realities of life. Maybe he sees what he gotten himself into.

I have been brutally HONEST!! This is about the overall well-being of the Knicks not a player. We overspend for an average player at BEST.
    Ski, did your mother ever send you to the store and told you what to buy?? What happen if you overspend her money? And bought back lesser product than what she wanted. She wanted her change back.

Ski, the Knicks went to the draft with a #3 overall pick and came back with an (again) average player at best. Ski, I want my Damn Change Back!! Please don't give me any excuses (not You) ... Give me my Change Back, PERIOD!!

"Humble mature answer"... How about it the only answer that should have been given be it mature or immature. That shows he know the position he's been put in and that good. 21 means a grown man and the harsh realities of life. Maybe he sees what he gotten himself into.

I have been brutally HONEST!! This is about the overall well-being of the Knicks not a player. We overspend for an average player at BEST.
    Ski, did your mother ever send you to the store and told you what to buy?? What happen if you overspend her money? And bought back lesser product than what she wanted. She wanted her change back.

Ski, the Knicks went to the draft with a #3 overall pick and came back with an (again) average player at best. Ski, I want my Damn Change Back!! Please don't give me any excuses (not You) ... Give me my Change Back, PERIOD!!

But the draft is over.............so now we can only wait and see.....the only difference we have is that you made your mind up.......My decision is still a year away of what he can be and not what he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    The team was all business today. I think they understood the situation and the last thing they were going to do was overcelebrate.
    So I take it from your reply is that they did celerbrate but not overcelebrate... correct.

Again, I said to measure your victory or win.
    There an say by Barry Sander that his father told him about scoring a TD. His father told him to hand the ball to ref. not to celebrate... The reason was to show fans that you have scored a TD before and there no need to celebrate.

Knowing how to measure your victory or win say's a lot about the team and there growth.

But the draft is over.............so now we can only wait and see.....the only difference we have is that you made your mind up.......My decision is still a year away of what he can be and not what he is now.
    That is your view and I respect that!!
    The wait was over the moment we draft him.
    Well, when was I supposed to make up my mind? I know when I'm being short changed maybe you don't.
    See it always a year away. From day one it was wait until he is 21 or 25. Well that good for you guys but I'm in the same boat with you and that doesn't fly with me.
    If you can't see what you have by now it will always be a year away or more. The dye is cast and should know what you have. I already know.

What is the very best you see?? If you see more than average at best, then tell me where that extra talent is coming from?

That is your view and I respect that!!
    The wait was over the moment we draft him.
    Well, when was I supposed to make up my mind? I know when I'm being short changed maybe you don't.
    See it always a year away. From day one it was wait until he is 21 or 25. Well that good for you guys but I'm in the same boat with you and that doesn't fly with me.
    If you can't see what you have by now it will always be a year away or more. The dye is cast and should know what you have. I already know.

What is the very best you see?? If you see more than average at best, then tell me where that extra talent is coming from?
    Give me a real PG and a real offensive scheme......If RJ does not become better than I will agree with you.
    A ream mentor who can run the team. The knicks have lacked a veteran team leader for countless years.
    Do I see RJ as that leader the answer is NO not now he's too passive in his personality.
    Do I seem as a player who can mature and become a 2nd or a 3rd player on a great team yes.
    sadly we will never se this as Knicks fans becomes all we seem to do is mish mash players together year after year.
    to me every knicks is tradable

These same cats said RJ couldn’t play or shoot. Now that he has proven them wrong, now they adjust and say he won’t be great. Heck, some said D-Dot was the better player.

Who cares what others think…? Especially those proven wrong already many times?

Time will tell.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    These same cats said RJ couldn’t play or shoot. Now that he has proven them wrong, now they adjust and say he won’t be great. Heck, some said D-Dot was the better player.

Who cares what others think…? Especially those proven wrong already many times?

Time will tell.
    I been reading from a lot of forums where fans are saying, "The Knicks only need Zion" after we traded for Cam.
    Truth be said .. Zion RJ and Cam performance combine are not half of the performance super-star Ja Morrant gives the Memphis Grizz.

RJ Barrett & Cam Reddish plays the same position, plus their talent are equal, and inconsistent, one is better than the other on offense/defense.

Give me a real PG and a real offensive scheme......If RJ does not become better than I will agree with you.
    A ream mentor who can run the team. The knicks have lacked a veteran team leader for countless years.
    Do I see RJ as that leader the answer is NO not now he's too passive in his personality.
    Do I seem as a player who can mature and become a 2nd or a 3rd player on a great team yes.
    sadly we will never se this as Knicks fans becomes all we seem to do is mish mash players together year after year.
    to me every knicks is tradable
    Always GIVE, GIVE, GIVE... how about earning something for a change!! It a PG today, a offensive scheme tomorrow and on and on. Those things should have been figure out before now... today. They had a real PG in Frank but they wanted to make him out of a SG. "If RJ doesn't become better" How much more do you need to prove you been short changed. You don't wait for the produce you purchased to become worth want you paid for it.
    Asking for a mentor is an admission of defeat for Perry. It to late for that.
    If you don't see a leader then what do you have? The last part of that sentence is telling. You see something that I saw a long time ago and never mention it. Too passive in his personality. You can't make a leader out of that in the NBA.
    "Can mature into a 2nd or 3rd on a great team".... then trade him to a Great team because it ain't happening with the Knicks.
    I agree with the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I been reading from a lot of forums where fans are saying, "The Knicks only need Zion" after we traded for Cam.
    Truth be said .. Zion RJ and Cam performance combine are not half of the performance super-star Ja Morrant gives the Memphis Grizz.

RJ Barrett & Cam Reddish plays the same position, plus their talent are equal, and inconsistent, one is better than the other on offense/defense.
    I would trade RJ, Zion and Cam straight up for Ja… easily. Word is Ja was the top guy on NYK draft board.

Julius Randle struggled with his shot again, scoring 18 points on 6-of-17 shooting and adding seven rebounds, four assists and three steals.
    Randle also committed four turnovers. For the second time in three games, he finished with the worst plus/minus on his team, ending Monday’s loss with a minus-22. He’d shot just 40.3% in January, and Monday's performance certainly didn't help to improve on those inefficiencies. Randle's been in a major slump as of late, shooting poorly and coughing up the ball far too much. He's ranked outside the top-70 in 9-cat on the season, which is a far cry from his top-40 ADP. At this point, it will be hard to trade him for more than pennies on the dollar, so fantasy managers will have to hope that he turns things around.

Knows the team

Without D.Rose the Knicks don't have a closer leadership on the court to take the ball out of Randle & Barrett's hands on every other offensive possession going down the 6 min stretch of a game.

The Knicks Randle & Barrett's 40 minute offense has way to much dribbling, from ISO Randle, ISO Barrett, ISO Kemba, and ISO Burks, which has everyone standing still waiting on a shot or pass. Instead of players creating a play by picking for each other while moving without the ball.
    It looked bad for the starters early in the season because the 2nd unit bench players had lots of ball movement, and player movement on tempo-offense.
    At the start of the Knicks season, I thought before we get into the midseason games .. Thibs would've been working steady on a (3-Balls) perimeter-shooting lineup, he could spend the season working on their defensive STOPS, plus able to hit four or more 3-ballshots in 4 min.
    Especially, when we added perimeter shooters Kemba & Fournier to the rotation.
    Thibs never got around to working on a lineup with the teams top 6 perimeter-shooters this season .. Players: D.Rose, Kemba, Fournier, Burks, Randle, and Obi would make a nice perimeter lineup opponents couldn't double-team. .

RJ Barrett numbers in January:
    23 PPG
    6.6 REBs
    3.5 AST
    45% FG
    42% 3P