Soccer

Pricey

Rotation player
well i would have thought being world champs and being reigning ECL champs and going for 4 or 5 trophies would make us the best in the world currently.

Giggs and Scholes are bench players, Giggs has only started a qtr of the season and Scholes about half. Our midfield is very young, probably younger then Barcelona's. Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher and Park are regulars and Nani plays a bit as well.

Just another British team? well 2 years in a row the final 4 has had 3 British sides left and last year the final was all British. the EPL is the strongest league in the world right now and has been for a couple years.

You beat Bayern in the 1st leg who were missing key players and after that tie it was all over and in the 2nd leg Bayern were better then Barcelona but didnt put it on the scoreboard.
You hit 6 past Madrid, Madrid have arguably one of the worst backlines i have ever scene. Liverpool hit 5 past them and Liverpool are probably the 3rd best side in the EPL.

Credit to Barca, they are a great side and play awesome football but are they the best? who knows. Will find out soon enough but lets be honest, the Premiera is not as strong as what it once was. its a 2 team league at best. Sevilla and Villareal wouldnt even be better then Everton lol

TunerAddict

Starter
I wanted a rematch so bad....

But now I'll actually root for Man U for once in my life...

I want Rooney to take it to them because he is the only guy on Manchester I like....I just really don't like Barca....

Pricey

Rotation player
I wanted a rematch so bad....

But now I'll actually root for Man U for once in my life...

I want Rooney to take it to them because he is the only guy on Manchester I like....I just really don't like Barca....
Much respect!

How could u not like Tevez? he is my fave, he is a little bulldog. Cant wait to wear my Tevez strip ECL Final night in town and run amok

TunerAddict

Starter
Much respect!

How could u not like Tevez? he is my fave, he is a little bulldog. Cant wait to wear my Tevez strip ECL Final night in town and run amok

Tevez just rubs me the wrong way...Not really sure why either...I'd first say it was his temper, but Rooney has one too and I adore Wayne Rooney...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Ok boys its time for you all to quit talking about these pussy sports like Soccer.Next thing you all will be talking about is figure skating!!

Pricey

Rotation player
Football is far from being a pussy sport. Unfortunatley there is a lot more acting in the game these days.
Anyone ever on the end of a Roy Keane tackle would say its soft lol

next thing u will say is NFL is tough bahahahahaha. Any part of their body not protected? I love it but man there is way too much padding. How are u suppose to run with all the crap on.
at least with AFL and Rugby there is no padding and they run at eachother much harder.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Football is far from being a pussy sport. Unfortunatley there is a lot more acting in the game these days.
Anyone ever on the end of a Roy Keane tackle would say its soft lol

next thing u will say is NFL is tough bahahahahaha. Any part of their body not protected? I love it but man there is way too much padding. How are u suppose to run with all the crap on.
at least with AFL and Rugby there is no padding and they run at eachother much harder.

LOL im just having some fun with you guys its a free country you can like what ever you choose.Myself I can't handle the sport watching a whole game and only see a goal or two scored.That drives me crazy and watching those players fall down to the ground like their dying after another guy touchs them is funny as hell.

I pick the NFL anyday over Soccer!! Like you guys would say it isn't my cup of tea!!:smokin:

Pricey

Rotation player
yeah no doubt.

however i will take a 0-0 in the soccer over watching 5 hours of Baseball lol. Now that could be the most boring sport ever.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
yeah no doubt.

however i will take a 0-0 in the soccer over watching 5 hours of Baseball lol. Now that could be the most boring sport ever.

I agree with you on baseball even thow I watch it baseball has went to the dogs.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Each sport has its own share of followers. It is cultural really, for instance most of us that like football (Not soccer it'c called football) do come from either European backgrounds or Latin Americans. The Americans are more into baseball/NFL/basketball. Europeans for instance prefer football/basketball/F1 Racing i would presume.

Calling the king of sports a pussy sport however sounds a little ignorant. Statistically is the most played sport in the earth. It is the most watched and the sport that generates the most revenue worldwide.

Tell a European about the NFL or MLB and they would laugh at you. Heck even rugby would overshadow any Yankee sport that is not basketball. I would argue that the NBA is the only sport product that has real value worldwide as far as American sport goes.

Spanish_fan

Rookie
You're right. In Europe, Latin America, Central America, Africa and almost in Asia the most important sport is Football (Not Soccer). A game between Boca Juniors and River Plate, Celtic and Rangers, Barcelona-Real Madrid, Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid, Milan-Internazionale, Man U-Liverpool, etc have as espectation or more than the NBA finals (I think more, ).
In Europe the superbowl is a joke. However a UCL final is the best, only surpassed by the final of the world world cup.
There aren't no closed leagues in Europe. We do not like. The system of promotion and relegation is much more exciting. You cannot rebuild like in NBA (for example) and spend one year lossing every matches you play because you go to an inferior league (come on Newcastle!), what is a economical disaster for the club.
The biggest clubs in Europe have to win always no matter what happens, always win.
Yes, It's definitely a cultural issue.

I'm spanish but I think that nowadays Premier League is the best league in Europe, the level of the second-line teams is better than anycountry. Only a few teams like Barcelona, Inter, Juve (Madrid, Milan, Bayern in other years) can compete with them.

For the Man U fans, we would have a circustancial defense in the final, we have problems in aereo. But could Man U have the ball playing against Barcelona, I don't think so. If Man U play a open game may loss as happened to Real Madrid. But if you play back like Chelsea, you'll have more options to win.
I think that Fergusson will put in the starter team Ronaldo (second striker), Rooney (left wing), Tevez (striker) and Park (right wing) (Bervatov is too slow and less combatant then others) forward, in the middle Carrick and Scholes and the usual defense.
Barcelona will play with Valdes, Sylvinho (left back), Pique and Puyol (middle back), Caceres (right back). Toure Yaya front of the defense, Iniesta and Xavi in the middle, and forward Henry (left), Eto'o (centre) and Messi (right).

Does anyone watch football here, preferibly the english premier league. If so who are your favorite teams? My dad is from Middlesbrough, so they are my favorite english team, but im from Aberdeen, Scotland, so they are my Scottish team. I am interested in seeing your views.

I like EPL so much..
Manchester United is my favorite team..
They are just awesome..
I feel sorry for you because has been eliminated from top flight this season..

Last edited by a moderator:

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
I'm a Boro man in the EPL, and shattered at the news that we have been relegated for the 09/10 season. Southgate has stated there is a massive clean out on the cards though, which is a good thing, and with any luck we could jump back up into the EPL for the following season.

metrocard

Legend
usascored.gif