Is it that time .. for a NEW head-coach ???

Broadway

All Star
Dark Raider has this sick and twisted undying love affair with the massive FLOP that was Phil Jackson but just weeks ago suggested The Mavs trade Donchiss cuhz he can't see them winning it all with him...

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Well we have different opinions about this team. If they are the slowest team that is a liability out the gate. Luka is the main reason they are slow. So what can they win??
When Brunson was at the PG they played very good when I watch them. Now I think that he should be at the SG.
If you aren?t winning championship and they ain?t winning championship with Luka. So why keep him??

Guess what us Knick fans couldn't see? Our beloved Team win a Chip if Phil remained President, now way in hell I tell

Meanwhile every since you popped off, Donchiss has been going ballistic...he's had 51, 45, 49, 34, 41pt gms and the Mavs are 1gm from being Top 4 in the West

Seriously don't take Dark Raider seriously...:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Dark Raider has this sick and twisted undying love affair with the massive FLOP that was Phil Jackson but just weeks ago suggested The Mavs trade Donchiss cuhz he can't see them winning it all with him...

Guess what us Knick fans couldn't see? Our beloved Team win a Chip if Phil remained President, now way in hell I tell

Meanwhile every since you popped off, Donchiss has been going ballistic...he's had 51, 45, 49, 34, 41pt gms and the Mavs are 1gm from being Top 4 in the West

Seriously don't take Dark Raider seriously...:teeth::teeth::teeth:

What wrong??? .... Needs some airtime from me.

Got tired up and never responded to you last post about Doncic. I think it when some like "You didn't like the idea that I totally disc Doncic from ever winning a championship". Something like that, huh or close.
This is my response to that. The only 2 ways Doncic win a Championship at Dallas is the NBA pull stings to let him win or they get 2 or 3 hellfire players, and he is an afterthought. I understand that your point was it was still early in his career. If you know BB or Real BB then you would have come up with the same conclusion. Read the previous statement several time to let it sink in, ok. I know who and what I'm dealing with, Ok!

Maybe again you should know that being #4 in the West doesn't win him or guarantee him a championship. So you point is WHAT!! Even #1 isn't a shoe in to win.

"couldn't see? Our beloved Team win a Chip if Phil remained President". Ok, funny you didn't mention the current President and winning a championship. So Guess what us real Knick fans can see? You can see Phil and you haven't seen the current President or winning a championship. Amazing!!

Why not take me seriously.... They take you seriously!!

Kiyaman

Legend
When u look back at the hiring of Phil Jackson, u have to recall Melo was in his final contract yr. talking bout not resigning with the Knicks throughout the season. Dolan gave out $$$Million$ of dollars to Phil Jackson if he could talk Melo into re-signing a 4 to 5 yr contract. Phil did his job!
Phil heard the Denver Nuggets rumors of Melo, but dismissed it for the Million$. When Phil found out how close the relationship of Melo/Dolan .. At the Firing of coach Byron Scott, and how high Melo's authority over Knicks management and Knicks coaching-staff, plus being the team Ball-Hogging-Cancer for 40 min on the court .... Phil went to TWITTER to get as far away from Melo & the Knicks and still receive his million$. Dolan wanted Phil to make Melo into a MJ or Kobe LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
I have never been the best at explaining myself but I ended up coming across a thread from sports writer from about a month ago where the person pretty much explains my exact problem with how Thibs handles the team and why I ended up thinking having Thibs is doing more harm than good.

Tom Thibodeau. Unrelenting taskmaster that appears to be stubbornly leashed to veteran starting roles. This year, the lack of comparative performance in the starting unit has not created even an emoticon from this coach. His temporary benching of Kemba was barely responsive to the plus minus differential between the first and second unit. His loyalty to the first unit is cute, but is quickly becoming outdated as the team strings together a losing record.
No one expected the reigning COY to put together a winning team last year, but this year we expect nothing less. Change is needed and his unwillingness to tweak the starting unit may result in a willingness to tweak the coaching staff.
I've been trying to identify why I feel more frustrated with this season than by many past disappointing Knicks seasons, of which there are many. I also have been thinking about why specifically Thibs' coaching in particular has drove me nuts.

With that being said I think I am just going to talk about how the team is playing. I think my disappointment in the team has gotten me to be more negative than I usually like with sports. Usually by this time when the Knicks stink I ignore them and check back in for the draft. I think my belief in the young players on this team has kept me around longer than normal. I truly believe if put in the right position every one of our young players including Sims can contribute to winning basketball. I just don't think Thibs is the coach to put them in the right position to succeed. With that being said I would like to apologize about my negativity. I want to be clear my stances on the players, coaches and tactics are what I truly believe and stick by them but if I have been overly negative with anyone in expressing those beliefs this apology is to you.

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I have never been the best at explaining myself but I ended up coming across a thread from sports writer from about a month ago where the person pretty much explains my exact problem with how Thibs handles the team and why I ended up thinking having Thibs is doing more harm than good.

With that being said I think I am just going to talk about how the team is playing. I think my disappointment in the team has gotten me to be more negative than I usually like with sports. Usually by this time when the Knicks stink I ignore them and check back in for the draft. I think my belief in the young players on this team has kept me around longer than normal. I truly believe if put in the right position every one of our young players including Sims can contribute to winning basketball. I just don't think Thibs is the coach to put them in the right position to succeed. With that being said I would like to apologize about my negativity. I want to be clear my stances on the players, coaches and tactics are what I truly believe and stick by them but if I have been overly negative with anyone in expressing those beliefs this apology is to you.

Kiya I love your honesty.....

I think what happened with all of us including you Dark.....we used to have hope for our beloved Knicks and it seems like we are running out of that,........Its actually kind of sad because its getting harder and harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel......we are the one team who has such opportunities with Draft picks and FA money and we just get worse........

Kiya well said!!
Coming to the conclusion that the only thing that solve all of our problems is to clean house. Top to bottom? Front Office to Ball Boy!!
The cancer is starting to effect all of us as only cancer can do. Only Extreme measure can attack it and hope to beat it. In our case it to late? those with voices that should have been speaking up didn?t.
We aren?t going anywhere and no all-Star is coming to save us and I don?t blame them. Nobody with an ounce of good sense would come to the Knicks.

Let end by saying this. Randle should get the hell out of New York. He is trying to be something he can?t be as a player. He needs to take his family and ask for a trade? no demand a trade for his own self health.

mafra

Legend
Knicks are 5th in overall rating, in their 12 games since ASB. They finished last season something like 15-5 or something?. Team didn?t quit.

Simms and grimes and IQ and RJ show that Thibbs will play the kids that can handle their biz.

This season in on front office?. How many games fell apart bc Thibbs has to use a wing (AB) to play PG?

Team isn?t close to winning so let Thibbs build a winning culture? then we dump him when they are good and need to get to the next level.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks are 5th in overall rating, in their 12 games since ASB. They finished last season something like 15-5 or something?. Team didn?t quit.

Simms and grimes and IQ and RJ show that Thibbs will play the kids that can handle their biz.
This season in on front office?. How many games fell apart bc Thibbs has to use a wing (AB) to play PG?
Team isn?t close to winning so let Thibbs build a winning culture? then we dump him when they are good and need to get to the next level.

It's to Late !!!
The regular season is practically over, and the Knicks rotation and lineups never got on the same-page, or have any chemistry throughout the season.
The worst part are Randle and Barrett in there 3rd season as Knicks starters still doesn't have any chemistry between the two most minute played players on the team in offense or defense in the past 3 seasons.

The COY did nothing in the offseason to get the Knicks main tandem players Randle & Barrett on the same-page .. Especially after Randle & Barrett's poor performance in the postseason games. Both had consistent awful games throughout the playoffs, and then the start of next season both played the same awful performance, which made the Knicks 2021-22 season starter lineup look and perform awful.

The COY did nothing at preparing the Knicks young core players to co-exist in a lineup alongside veteran players during the preseason games, nor did the COY prepare the young-core players to be fully prepared to be role players in the rotation by the midseason games.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Pro-Thibs crew are riding on blind faith. You ask them what the direction Knicks will take and will it be enough to win a championship within 5 years and they won't have an answer for you. This is their logic: We already had 293339 head coaches the last 5 seasons, we must stay loyal to Thibs dictatorship for 2-3+ years so we can really know if he sucks or not.

It reminds me of when I hear a chick talk about her body count and she doesn't want it to increase from 99 to 100. It's still a high ass body count, get over Thibs and realize keeping Thibs here because Knicks cancelled on previous coaches is just a weak excuse. Other NBA teams improve and develop and we stay behind because of this mindless infatuation with Thibs.

sad.

Pro-Thibs crew are riding on blind faith. You ask them what the direction Knicks will take and will it be enough to win a championship within 5 years and they won't have an answer for you. This is their logic: We already had 293339 head coaches the last 5 seasons, we must stay loyal to Thibs dictatorship for 2-3+ years so we can really know if he sucks or not.

It reminds me of when I hear a chick talk about her body count and she doesn't want it to increase from 99 to 100. It's still a high ass body count, get over Thibs and realize keeping Thibs here because Knicks cancelled on previous coaches is just a weak excuse. Other NBA teams improve and develop and we stay behind because of this mindless infatuation with Thibs.

sad.

It all boils down to who else could you get to be the head coach of this team.

No one earned the right to keep their jobs after this season.

Realistically though, what coach worth anything is going to look at this roster and look at our front office and want to be a part of this?

It?s a moot point though. Rose already said Thibs is getting another year.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star

Thibs has never really proven to maximize youth in his coaching career and our team is likely to get younger

The criticism for our front office(which I feel they deserve some) is the same front office or split across regimes who brought in the young talent y?all like and/or love?yet some only focus on what they didn?t get right with the roster. It?s not like the ones prior to made playing here desirable. More time is needed to change culture. They are on the clock next yr for me?by the halfway mark

A fine line of double standards complaining about a few vets while appreciating the youth, is truly a definition of of trying to have it both ways

I personally would never judge a team in mediocrity by what they do on the back half of a season?a time when the league is in flux post trades, contractual obligations of guarantees no guarantees, player shutdowns, schedules of favor, teams literally playing for playoff positions not centered around winning but preferred matchups

Also Thibs has been coaching longer than some of our executives have been in office combined. The expectations from him should be much higher, honestly

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Eight Games left in the Knicks regular season .. And the Knicks Friday night Game Win has EXPOSED the Knicks COY Thibs for TANKING the previous 5 months ....
Last night at the end of the 3rd quarter of The Knicks vs Heats game in Miami, the Heats had a 15 point lead on the Knicks, and the Knicks performance through the 3 quarters of the game it look like the Knicks didnt have a chance on stopping the Heats from blowing them out in the final quarter.
The Knicks TANKING COY Thibs put all 3 rookies in the lineup to start the 4th quarter, the 3 rookies having Taj Gibson and 2nd season Quickley in the lineup surprised everyone by going on a 24-6 run to start the 4th quarter providing consistent points on the offensive-end and consistent STOPS on the defensive end to go from 73-88 Heats lead, to 97-94 Knicks lead in 7 minutes of playing time.
Against the East Top 1 seed team !!!

Broadway

All Star
I saw a stat today highlighting the Memphis Grizzlies are 20-2 without Ja Morant?20-2

LET THAT SINK IN

I bet most NBA goers can?t even name 3 players aside from Ja on their team

COACHING folks COACHING!!!

Last edited:
I saw a stat today highlighting the Memphis Grizzlies are 20-2 without Ja Morant?20-2

LET THAT SINK IN

Yeah, Taylor Jenkins is a good coach. Spent years as an assistant under Mike Budenholzer. He should win Coach of the Year.

Last year the late season darlings were us and Atlanta with dominant finishes to the season, which is how Thibs is one season removed from winning Coach of the Year.

I?ve yet to see anyone name a single guy to replace Thibs.

As far as front office, I?m just going to keep saying trade for Sam Presti until I will it into existence.

Kiyaman

Legend

LET THAT SINK IN

Every one should know by now, the young Ja Morrant has become the Grizzlies player/coach on and off the court. PG Morrant's best skills has been improving his teammates performance on both sides of the court .. Like HOF PG Chris Paul.
Ja Morant super-star skills has average 32 minutes of playing time throughout his 3 seasons in the league. He has never been HUNGRY to take away his teammates playing time minutes, except in the 4th quarter of a close game.
We Knicks fans can not say any of the above about Randle or RJ Barrett !!!