Is it that time .. for a NEW head-coach ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Sports announcers are giving Knicks coach Thibs a bad name .. After being beat by rookies 2 games in a row! Where's the Knicks 3 rookies?
It seems like every post game interview Thibs says the same thing, "we have to play better" and every single game its the same starting line up, the same rotation, the same minutes, so for the most part the same results.

Head coach Thibs dug his own grave and kept digging with EXACTLY the same BS with EXACTLY the same results- never seen such a bizarre coaching streak since Larry Brown's changing his starting lineups based on what players were from the city they were playing. In fact Thibs coaching lately has been so bad, so non-sensical it makes it seem like he's pulling a Larry Brown and spiting at the front office for making him have to get the new starter Kemba & Fournier to co-exit with Knicks tandem RJ Barrett & Randle in a offense/defense lineup throughout a 82 game season.

How can Thibs honestly go from ranting at 15-20 games in (when we had a decent record) about how you can't just wait for things to turn around and you're going to have to make changes or the season will be over, to going to "you know what, I'm good- I'm sticking with this lineup forever"? Please, make sense of that for me ???

Red Auerbach couldn?t win with a team of guys who fall apart in the 4th quarter the way this team does. Never seen anything like it. Thibs has tried playing basically the entire roster in the 4th.

Kiyaman

Legend
Red Auerbach couldn?t win with a team of guys who fall apart in the 4th quarter the way this team does. Never seen anything like it. Thibs has tried playing basically the entire roster in the 4th.

In the 4th qtr. this season Coach Thibs let Randle control the ball for 8 to 10 min, plus Randle has always been to tired in a transition-defense, and hitting FT in the 4th quarter.
Randle's team leadership as the first offense-option gets no awards ....
I really missed D.Rose leadership this season!

jimkcchief88

All Star
In the 4th qtr. this season Coach Thibs let Randle control the ball for 8 to 10 min, plus Randle has always been to tired in a transition-defense, and hitting FT in the 4th quarter.
Randle's team leadership as the first offense-option gets no awards ....
I really missed D.Rose leadership this season!

D.Rose was our closer. But alas Drose downfall again is he can?t stay healthy. But it shouldn?t all fall on a 30 year old off injured vet to carry this team down the stretch. Cmon JR what are you doing??? Someone has to be the Alpha on the team and that?s supposed to be you.

It?s now being reported that Thibs was in disbelief that the front office failed to make a single roster upgrade at the trade deadline.

Thibs didn?t want Cam Reddish and front office dealt a 1st round pick anyway.

Last year, Thibs desperately wanted Norman Powell, a superior player to Reddish, for our late season push and front office did nothing to get him.

If Thibs goes before front office goes, this franchise deserves what it gets.

Thibs was coach of the year last year. Anyone think the rest of the NBA would have voted a member of our front office as executive of the year?

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! Sports announcers & journalist are screaming, "The Knicks are an embarrassment to the NBA" which mean next season no national televise games.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x87z9a2
Plus Steven A. Smith said "Fire Thibs and Trade Randle" in so many different words.

Like I been saying, having Thibs & Woodson on the bench was a winning recipe, plus having a creative-scoring super-star D.Rose leadership on the court going down the stretch was a win win !!!

When the Timberwolves buried coach Thibs career in a grave .. the Knicks got ex-Knicks head coach Woodson to dig him up, and sit alongside Thibs on the bench thru the 2020-21 season .. I was happy and Knicks fans were happy to have two NBA head-coaches on the Knicks bench. The Knicks future looked real good.
When coach Woodson left the Knicks after March madness for a college job last season, Thibs had no one to remind him game after game bout the NEW NBA ....
I missed coach Woodson awareness, plus D.Rose player leadership this season !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
It?s now being reported that Thibs was in disbelief that the front office failed to make a single roster upgrade at the trade deadline.

Thibs didn?t want Cam Reddish and front office dealt a 1st round pick anyway.

Last year, Thibs desperately wanted Norman Powell, a superior player to Reddish, for our late season push and front office did nothing to get him.

If Thibs goes before front office goes, this franchise deserves what it gets.

Thibs was coach of the year last year. Anyone think the rest of the NBA would have voted a member of our front office as executive of the year?

Wsup htr .... U sound like all the fans arguing with me that coach JVG & Ewing wasn't TANKING the season because GM Grunfield traded Oakley & Starks for Camby & Sprewell. After owner Dolan fired GM Grunfield, JVG new he was next in line to be fired that season when owner Dolan & special crew attended all the Knicks games (home & away) the rest of the season. The Knicks made the 8th seed, plus went to the FINALS .. showing the Grunfield offseason trade improve the Knicks by 70% on offense/defense. Coach JVG were giving Camby the same treatment Thibs been giving Obi Toppin for 2 seasons, which railed-up GM Grunfield to get fired.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs, Miller, Fizdale, Hornacek, Rambis, Fisher, Woodson, DAntoni, Isiah, Larry Brown, Lenny, Herb, Chaney ....
I'm sure there are one or two coaches we should've kept, I liked Fisher as asst coach to headcoach Woodson. The same way Woodson were asst coach to DAntoni.

I hesitate given the current state of the Knicks team (25-34), but the question is how to fix it?
And is Thibs really unbendable to work with a FO that is forward thinking.
His hiring he was all about accepting change as the game and perhaps even he has "evolved". If not, its the same old Thibs and thats not to much of a terrible thing (having assistant coach Woodson on the bench), but Thibs is not in synch with the Knicks front office.
He wanted help at the deadline. He got got that "Larry Brown" kind of win now mentality. not a bad thing. But he needs a bit more "Pop" in him to also accept being forward thinking to what this roster is. Maybe we force an assistant on him in the off-season .. Plus refuse to get Thibs a decent healthy 30 min a game starter PG from the 2021 FA market. And their were a few too. .

If our FO is not happy with him and with reason, then he got to go. If he is with reason then it needs to be mitigated perhaps with compromise.
What is the goal? Play in? Development? What does FO vision for next years roster? Then does Thibs still the best man for the job? Sure its easy to say "lets move on" but what is the goal, and if not Thibs who is the best man for the job?

I challenge anyone to look at our roster, either last year or this year, and say that we are better than a bottom 10 team in this league as far as roster talent. Last year, Thibs led us to a 4 seed. This year, the wheels came off.

Trust me. The NBA will have a field day laughing at us yet again if we fire Thibs. This is a guy who literally had Mark Jackson and JVG calling him a great coach and one of the best head coaches in the league a couple weeks ago.

Go ahead, throw in with know nothings like Stephen A Smith that Thibs is the problem. I guarantee our next 3 head coaches will each last less than 2 seasons and average 20 wins a season.

Then who or what is the problem??

I might want some of that guarantee bet on the next 3 H.C.

As for Mark Jackson & Van Gundy they are paid to say nice things. They said nice things about RJ instead of telling the truth.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I will say get a proper PG to this team and it will solve most of our issues.... it is really pain seeing Alec Burks play the PG.....

Then who or what is the problem??

I might want some of that guarantee bet on the next 3 H.C.

As for Mark Jackson & Van Gundy they are paid to say nice things. They said nice things about RJ instead of telling the truth.

I just don?t think we?re very good. There?s this idea of making minor upgrades each year but it doesn?t work in the NBA. Other teams are making huge leaps forward in talent each season, either by having draft picks turn into stars (like Ja Morant) or by bringing in elite talent via trade or free agency.

We?re playing in a league where there are multiple teams that not only have multiple all-stars, they have multiple future hall of famers.

You have to swing for the fences. No one wants to come here in free agency, but we could have made trades. If it doesn?t work out, good front offices know how to erase mistakes and reboot every year or two.

We should have done whatever it takes to acquire an elite GM like Sam Presti.

I just don?t think we?re very good. There?s this idea of making minor upgrades each year but it doesn?t work in the NBA. Other teams are making huge leaps forward in talent each season, either by having draft picks turn into stars (like Ja Morant) or by bringing in elite talent via trade or free agency.

We?re playing in a league where there are multiple teams that not only have multiple all-stars, they have multiple future hall of famers.

You have to swing for the fences. No one wants to come here in free agency, but we could have made trades. If it doesn?t work out, good front offices know how to erase mistakes and reboot every year or two.

AGREED!!
We had people that knew how win championship!
We had people that knew talent!
We had a Transformative player!
We had Hope!!
None of that exist on the Knicks now!!

We also have cancer? and nobody wants to say it or deal with it!!

Cancer is a horrible set of circumstance. There are no good options as you said. We will in this same state if all of the disease isn?t removed. If we as fans don?t say enough!

One other every important thing about our fans is that they don?t know as much as they use too. For whatever reason our fan base went along with Mills and Perry and now L. Rose. Not a sound out of them until the problems started to show. How could all the fans not do this happening?? I saw it!!

tiger0330

Legend
Sports announcers are giving Knicks coach Thibs a bad name .. After being beat by rookies 2 games in a row! Where's the Knicks 3 rookies?
It seems like every post game interview Thibs says the same thing, "we have to play better" and every single game its the same starting line up, the same rotation, the same minutes, so for the most part the same results.

Head coach Thibs dug his own grave and kept digging with EXACTLY the same BS with EXACTLY the same results- never seen such a bizarre coaching streak since Larry Brown's changing his starting lineups based on what players were from the city they were playing. In fact Thibs coaching lately has been so bad, so non-sensical it makes it seem like he's pulling a Larry Brown and spiting at the front office for making him have to get the new starter Kemba & Fournier to co-exit with Knicks tandem RJ Barrett & Randle in a offense/defense lineup throughout a 82 game season.

How can Thibs honestly go from ranting at 15-20 games in (when we had a decent record) about how you can't just wait for things to turn around and you're going to have to make changes or the season will be over, to going to "you know what, I'm good- I'm sticking with this lineup forever"? Please, make sense of that for me ???
Have to say you were right when you said the duo of Kemba and Fournier wasn?t a good one as the reason the Celts gave up on them in less than a season playing together. I think you?re wrong on Thibs, 2 time COY, a tireless worker consumed with the game more than any coach in the league. Guys are not having the years they had last year, ie JR, IQ, Noel plus Kemba/Fournier not the roster upgrades we needed. Now the decision is does Thibs give up on this season (don?t think tanking is in his DNA) and develop guys like Grimes, Deuce and Cam and get a good draft pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
If any 2022 star free-agent had any plans on signing with the Knicks, I'm sure the action of Randle, Thibs, Wells, Perry, and Leon before All-Star weekend changed their minds quickly .. Totally a organization of Mismanagement !!!

If any 2022 star free-agent had any plans on signing with the Knicks, I'm sure the action of Randle, Thibs, Wells, Perry, and Leon before All-Star weekend changed their minds quickly .. Totally a organization of Mismanagement !!!

If it puts your mind at ease, I can say with great certainty that no star free agents had any plans to sign here in 2022 anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend

Wsup htr .. You right! If Knicks Fire COY Thibs for having a LOTTERY season the majority of the league (especially Knicks Haters) will look at the Knicks as a JOKE!
Coach Thibs without coach Woodson in the NBA 2021-22 regular season games became a JOKE as early as the start of the preseason games.
The more games the Knicks starter 5 lineup played together at the start of the season the more confuse & sloppy the starter lineup became as a unit, game after game, till Thibs blame Kemba. However, the Knicks 2nd unit bench players at the start of the season played team-ball and kept outscoring opponents starters & bench unit like they were contenders. It became clear to a lot of Knicks fans during the month of November. that Thibs needed to increase the 2nd unit bench lineup minutes of playing time to 30 minutes, while decreasing the starter lineup minutes to 18 or 20, until the starters learn how to co-exist together on both sides of the court.
But in November. COY Thibs were not concern bout winning games.

The Knicks FO had a reason to be sore at COY Thibs, after the 4-1 postseason games.
Without having coach Woodson on the bench during postseason, Thibs became a JOKE, especially when he took Payton out the rotation the last 3 post season games (0-3).

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks being 3-13 in the last 16 games going into all-star weekend ..
Say's "Big-Disaster or Danger-Danger !!!"

The All-Star break gave the Knicks a week off for the coaching-staff and the starter 5 lineup to get in 3 to 4 practices adding the G.League double-double & triple-double PG player Deuce-McBride into their practice and plays.
The Knicks not having a PG in their rotation have the Knicks on a 6 game losing-streak.

There is no denying that the front office did a poor job in the 2021-22 NBA season turning a 4 seed Knicks team into a 12 seed Knicks team in 8 months.
Additionally, coach Thibs has done a very-very poor job of adjusting to the players he has and trying to play to their strengths.
Me criticizing Thibs does not equal me letting the front office off the hook.

I was very skeptical of bringing in an Agent to take over as the Knicks president of basketball operations. Especially when you consider that we hired a novice to replace Mills, who didn't have experience running a basketball team, who was hired to replace another novice in Phil Jackson who also had zero experience running the front office.
It all goes back to Dolan !!!
Knicks should've gave coach Woodson a big $$$ raise & bonus to keep him on Thibs bench this season .. I'm sure the Knicks will be Thibs last head coaching job in the NBA.
Last night the Knicks 2nd half performance on the court had Knicks fans leaving the stadium in the middle of the 4th quarter.

mafra

Legend
Since Jan. 1st, Barrett is averaging 23.7 points (on 43.3% overall and 39.8% three-point shooting), 6.0 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game, per nba.com. He has four 30-point games and one 40-point game across that same time span.

I don?t understand why we are getting a steady diet of AB over McBride?

Play the kids!

The Knicks being 3-13 in the last 16 games going into all-star weekend ..
Say's "Big-Disaster or Danger-Danger !!!"

The All-Star break gave the Knicks a week off for the coaching-staff and the starter 5 lineup to get in 3 to 4 practices adding the G.League double-double & triple-double PG player Deuce-McBride into their practice and plays.
The Knicks not having a PG in their rotation have the Knicks on a 6 game losing-streak.

There is no denying that the front office did a poor job in the 2021-22 NBA season turning a 4 seed Knicks team into a 12 seed Knicks team in 8 months.
Additionally, coach Thibs has done a very-very poor job of adjusting to the players he has and trying to play to their strengths.
Me criticizing Thibs does not equal me letting the front office off the hook.

I was very skeptical of bringing in an Agent to take over as the Knicks president of basketball operations. Especially when you consider that we hired a novice to replace Mills, who didn't have experience running a basketball team, who was hired to replace another novice in Phil Jackson who also had zero experience running the front office.
It all goes back to Dolan !!!
Knicks should've gave coach Woodson a big $$$ raise & bonus to keep him on Thibs bench this season .. I'm sure the Knicks will be Thibs last head coaching job in the NBA.
Last night the Knicks 2nd half performance on the court had Knicks fans leaving the stadium in the middle of the 4th quarter.
OK?..
Tell me Kiya, and I agree with you about Phil not having any experience running the F.O.

1. Right now, Who would you rather be in the situation Phil left us in or this current state??
2.Who was going to do a better job than Phil?? Even with the mistakes made by him.
3. Phil is a New York Knicks? Who is going to care more Perry, Mills, L. Rose or Phil Jackson? When you cut them who is going to bleed ?Blue & Orange???
4. Who has any less experience than L. Rose? which you said.
5. Who knows more about winning a championship than Phil?? Now unless you bring out Bill Russell.

Let be clear? even with the mistakes made by him when he walked out the door. We had a bright future and a light.
**Do you have any of that now??
For all of you ?Which way is the Needle Moving? right now?? DOWN!! Don?t like it? Neither do I!!
**WHEN RJ THRIVES?, THE TEAM DIES!!
Say it ain?t SO..,JOE!!