Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    If any 2022 star free-agent had any plans on signing with the Knicks, I'm sure the action of Randle, Thibs, Wells, Perry, and Leon before All-Star weekend changed their minds quickly .. Totally a organization of Mismanagement !!!
    If it puts your mind at ease, I can say with great certainty that no star free agents had any plans to sign here in 2022 anyway.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I just don’t think we’re very good. There’s this idea of making minor upgrades each year but it doesn’t work in the NBA. Other teams are making huge leaps forward in talent each season, either by having draft picks turn into stars (like Ja Morant) or by bringing in elite talent via trade or free agency.

We’re playing in a league where there are multiple teams that not only have multiple all-stars, they have multiple future hall of famers.

You have to swing for the fences. No one wants to come here in free agency, but we could have made trades. If it doesn’t work out, good front offices know how to erase mistakes and reboot every year or two.

We should have done whatever it takes to acquire an elite GM like Sam Presti.
    Wsup htr .. You right! If Knicks Fire COY Thibs for having a LOTTERY season the majority of the league (especially Knicks Haters) will look at the Knicks as a JOKE!
    Coach Thibs without coach Woodson in the NBA 2021-22 regular season games became a JOKE as early as the start of the preseason games.
    The more games the Knicks starter 5 lineup played together at the start of the season the more confuse & sloppy the starter lineup became as a unit, game after game, till Thibs blame Kemba. However, the Knicks 2nd unit bench players at the start of the season played team-ball and kept outscoring opponents starters & bench unit like they were contenders. It became clear to a lot of Knicks fans during the month of November. that Thibs needed to increase the 2nd unit bench lineup minutes of playing time to 30 minutes, while decreasing the starter lineup minutes to 18 or 20, until the starters learn how to co-exist together on both sides of the court.
    But in November. COY Thibs were not concern bout winning games.

The Knicks FO had a reason to be sore at COY Thibs, after the 4-1 postseason games.
    Without having coach Woodson on the bench during postseason, Thibs became a JOKE, especially when he took Payton out the rotation the last 3 post season games (0-3).

Knows the team

The Knicks being 3-13 in the last 16 games going into all-star weekend ..
    Say's "Big-Disaster or Danger-Danger !!!"

The All-Star break gave the Knicks a week off for the coaching-staff and the starter 5 lineup to get in 3 to 4 practices adding the G.League double-double & triple-double PG player Deuce-McBride into their practice and plays.
    The Knicks not having a PG in their rotation have the Knicks on a 6 game losing-streak.

There is no denying that the front office did a poor job in the 2021-22 NBA season turning a 4 seed Knicks team into a 12 seed Knicks team in 8 months.
    Additionally, coach Thibs has done a very-very poor job of adjusting to the players he has and trying to play to their strengths.
    Me criticizing Thibs does not equal me letting the front office off the hook.

I was very skeptical of bringing in an Agent to take over as the Knicks president of basketball operations. Especially when you consider that we hired a novice to replace Mills, who didn't have experience running a basketball team, who was hired to replace another novice in Phil Jackson who also had zero experience running the front office.
    It all goes back to Dolan !!!
    Knicks should've gave coach Woodson a big $$$ raise & bonus to keep him on Thibs bench this season .. I'm sure the Knicks will be Thibs last head coaching job in the NBA.
    Last night the Knicks 2nd half performance on the court had Knicks fans leaving the stadium in the middle of the 4th quarter.

Since Jan. 1st, Barrett is averaging 23.7 points (on 43.3% overall and 39.8% three-point shooting), 6.0 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game, per nba.com. He has four 30-point games and one 40-point game across that same time span.

I don’t understand why we are getting a steady diet of AB over McBride…

Play the kids!

The Knicks being 3-13 in the last 16 games going into all-star weekend ..
    Say's "Big-Disaster or Danger-Danger !!!"

The All-Star break gave the Knicks a week off for the coaching-staff and the starter 5 lineup to get in 3 to 4 practices adding the G.League double-double & triple-double PG player Deuce-McBride into their practice and plays.
    The Knicks not having a PG in their rotation have the Knicks on a 6 game losing-streak.

There is no denying that the front office did a poor job in the 2021-22 NBA season turning a 4 seed Knicks team into a 12 seed Knicks team in 8 months.
    Additionally, coach Thibs has done a very-very poor job of adjusting to the players he has and trying to play to their strengths.
    Me criticizing Thibs does not equal me letting the front office off the hook.

I was very skeptical of bringing in an Agent to take over as the Knicks president of basketball operations. Especially when you consider that we hired a novice to replace Mills, who didn't have experience running a basketball team, who was hired to replace another novice in Phil Jackson who also had zero experience running the front office.
    It all goes back to Dolan !!!
    Knicks should've gave coach Woodson a big $$$ raise & bonus to keep him on Thibs bench this season .. I'm sure the Knicks will be Thibs last head coaching job in the NBA.
    Last night the Knicks 2nd half performance on the court had Knicks fans leaving the stadium in the middle of the 4th quarter.
    OK…..
    Tell me Kiya, and I agree with you about Phil not having any experience running the F.O.

1. Right now, Who would you rather be in the situation Phil left us in or this current state??
    2.Who was going to do a better job than Phil?? Even with the mistakes made by him.
    3. Phil is a New York Knicks… Who is going to care more Perry, Mills, L. Rose or Phil Jackson? When you cut them who is going to bleed ‘Blue & Orange’??
    4. Who has any less experience than L. Rose… which you said.
    5. Who knows more about winning a championship than Phil?? Now unless you bring out Bill Russell.

Let be clear… even with the mistakes made by him when he walked out the door. We had a bright future and a light.
    **Do you have any of that now??
    For all of you ‘Which way is the Needle Moving’ right now?? DOWN!! Don’t like it… Neither do I!!
    **WHEN RJ THRIVES…, THE TEAM DIES!!
    Say it ain’t SO..,JOE!!

Veteran

Dark Raider has this sick and twisted undying love affair with the massive FLOP that was Phil Jackson but just weeks ago suggested The Mavs trade Donchiss cuhz he can't see them winning it all with him...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Well we have different opinions about this team. If they are the slowest team that is a liability out the gate. Luka is the main reason they are slow. So what can they win??
    When Brunson was at the PG they played very good when I watch them. Now I think that he should be at the SG.
    If you aren’t winning championship and they ain’t winning championship with Luka. So why keep him??
    Guess what us Knick fans couldn't see? Our beloved Team win a Chip if Phil remained President, now way in hell I tell

Meanwhile every since you popped off, Donchiss has been going ballistic...he's had 51, 45, 49, 34, 41pt gms and the Mavs are 1gm from being Top 4 in the West

Seriously don't take Dark Raider seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Dark Raider has this sick and twisted undying love affair with the massive FLOP that was Phil Jackson but just weeks ago suggested The Mavs trade Donchiss cuhz he can't see them winning it all with him...

Guess what us Knick fans couldn't see? Our beloved Team win a Chip if Phil remained President, now way in hell I tell

Meanwhile every since you popped off, Donchiss has been going ballistic...he's had 51, 45, 49, 34, 41pt gms and the Mavs are 1gm from being Top 4 in the West

Seriously don't take Dark Raider seriously...

What wrong??? .... Needs some airtime from me.

Got tired up and never responded to you last post about Doncic. I think it when some like "You didn't like the idea that I totally disc Doncic from ever winning a championship". Something like that, huh or close.
    This is my response to that. The only 2 ways Doncic win a Championship at Dallas is the NBA pull stings to let him win or they get 2 or 3 hellfire players, and he is an afterthought. I understand that your point was it was still early in his career. If you know BB or Real BB then you would have come up with the same conclusion. Read the previous statement several time to let it sink in, ok. I know who and what I'm dealing with, Ok!

Maybe again you should know that being #4 in the West doesn't win him or guarantee him a championship. So you point is WHAT!! Even #1 isn't a shoe in to win.

"couldn't see? Our beloved Team win a Chip if Phil remained President". Ok, funny you didn't mention the current President and winning a championship. So Guess what us real Knick fans can see? You can see Phil and you haven't seen the current President or winning a championship. Amazing!!

Why not take me seriously.... They take you seriously!!

Knows the team

When u look back at the hiring of Phil Jackson, u have to recall Melo was in his final contract yr. talking bout not resigning with the Knicks throughout the season. Dolan gave out $$$Million$ of dollars to Phil Jackson if he could talk Melo into re-signing a 4 to 5 yr contract. Phil did his job!
    Phil heard the Denver Nuggets rumors of Melo, but dismissed it for the Million$. When Phil found out how close the relationship of Melo/Dolan .. At the Firing of coach Byron Scott, and how high Melo's authority over Knicks management and Knicks coaching-staff, plus being the team Ball-Hogging-Cancer for 40 min on the court .... Phil went to TWITTER to get as far away from Melo & the Knicks and still receive his million$. Dolan wanted Phil to make Melo into a MJ or Kobe LMAO

Knows the team

I have never been the best at explaining myself but I ended up coming across a thread from sports writer from about a month ago where the person pretty much explains my exact problem with how Thibs handles the team and why I ended up thinking having Thibs is doing more harm than good.

Tom Thibodeau. Unrelenting taskmaster that appears to be stubbornly leashed to veteran starting roles. This year, the lack of comparative performance in the starting unit has not created even an emoticon from this coach. His temporary benching of Kemba was barely responsive to the plus minus differential between the first and second unit. His loyalty to the first unit is cute, but is quickly becoming outdated as the team strings together a losing record.
    No one expected the reigning COY to put together a winning team last year, but this year we expect nothing less. Change is needed and his unwillingness to tweak the starting unit may result in a willingness to tweak the coaching staff.
    I've been trying to identify why I feel more frustrated with this season than by many past disappointing Knicks seasons, of which there are many. I also have been thinking about why specifically Thibs' coaching in particular has drove me nuts.
    With that being said I think I am just going to talk about how the team is playing. I think my disappointment in the team has gotten me to be more negative than I usually like with sports. Usually by this time when the Knicks stink I ignore them and check back in for the draft. I think my belief in the young players on this team has kept me around longer than normal. I truly believe if put in the right position every one of our young players including Sims can contribute to winning basketball. I just don't think Thibs is the coach to put them in the right position to succeed. With that being said I would like to apologize about my negativity. I want to be clear my stances on the players, coaches and tactics are what I truly believe and stick by them but if I have been overly negative with anyone in expressing those beliefs this apology is to you.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Mar 22, 2022 at 01:41.

I have never been the best at explaining myself but I ended up coming across a thread from sports writer from about a month ago where the person pretty much explains my exact problem with how Thibs handles the team and why I ended up thinking having Thibs is doing more harm than good.

With that being said I think I am just going to talk about how the team is playing. I think my disappointment in the team has gotten me to be more negative than I usually like with sports. Usually by this time when the Knicks stink I ignore them and check back in for the draft. I think my belief in the young players on this team has kept me around longer than normal. I truly believe if put in the right position every one of our young players including Sims can contribute to winning basketball. I just don't think Thibs is the coach to put them in the right position to succeed. With that being said I would like to apologize about my negativity. I want to be clear my stances on the players, coaches and tactics are what I truly believe and stick by them but if I have been overly negative with anyone in expressing those beliefs this apology is to you.

Kiya I love your honesty.....

I think what happened with all of us including you Dark.....we used to have hope for our beloved Knicks and it seems like we are running out of that,........Its actually kind of sad because its getting harder and harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel......we are the one team who has such opportunities with Draft picks and FA money and we just get worse........

Kiya well said!!
    Coming to the conclusion that the only thing that solve all of our problems is to clean house. Top to bottom… Front Office to Ball Boy!!
    The cancer is starting to effect all of us as only cancer can do. Only Extreme measure can attack it and hope to beat it. In our case it to late… those with voices that should have been speaking up didn’t.
    We aren’t going anywhere and no all-Star is coming to save us and I don’t blame them. Nobody with an ounce of good sense would come to the Knicks.

Let end by saying this. Randle should get the hell out of New York. He is trying to be something he can’t be as a player. He needs to take his family and ask for a trade… no demand a trade for his own self health.

Knicks are 5th in overall rating, in their 12 games since ASB. They finished last season something like 15-5 or something…. Team didn’t quit.

Simms and grimes and IQ and RJ show that Thibbs will play the kids that can handle their biz.

This season in on front office…. How many games fell apart bc Thibbs has to use a wing (AB) to play PG?

Team isn’t close to winning so let Thibbs build a winning culture… then we dump him when they are good and need to get to the next level.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Knicks are 5th in overall rating, in their 12 games since ASB. They finished last season something like 15-5 or something…. Team didn’t quit.

Simms and grimes and IQ and RJ show that Thibbs will play the kids that can handle their biz.
    This season in on front office…. How many games fell apart bc Thibbs has to use a wing (AB) to play PG?
    Team isn’t close to winning so let Thibbs build a winning culture… then we dump him when they are good and need to get to the next level.
    It's to Late !!!
    The regular season is practically over, and the Knicks rotation and lineups never got on the same-page, or have any chemistry throughout the season.
    The worst part are Randle and Barrett in there 3rd season as Knicks starters still doesn't have any chemistry between the two most minute played players on the team in offense or defense in the past 3 seasons.

The COY did nothing in the offseason to get the Knicks main tandem players Randle & Barrett on the same-page .. Especially after Randle & Barrett's poor performance in the postseason games. Both had consistent awful games throughout the playoffs, and then the start of next season both played the same awful performance, which made the Knicks 2021-22 season starter lineup look and perform awful.

The COY did nothing at preparing the Knicks young core players to co-exist in a lineup alongside veteran players during the preseason games, nor did the COY prepare the young-core players to be fully prepared to be role players in the rotation by the midseason games.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Mar 25, 2022 at 23:40.

Pro-Thibs crew are riding on blind faith. You ask them what the direction Knicks will take and will it be enough to win a championship within 5 years and they won't have an answer for you. This is their logic: We already had 293339 head coaches the last 5 seasons, we must stay loyal to Thibs dictatorship for 2-3+ years so we can really know if he sucks or not.

It reminds me of when I hear a chick talk about her body count and she doesn't want it to increase from 99 to 100. It's still a high ass body count, get over Thibs and realize keeping Thibs here because Knicks cancelled on previous coaches is just a weak excuse. Other NBA teams improve and develop and we stay behind because of this mindless infatuation with Thibs.

sad.
    ?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metrocard View Post
    Pro-Thibs crew are riding on blind faith. You ask them what the direction Knicks will take and will it be enough to win a championship within 5 years and they won't have an answer for you. This is their logic: We already had 293339 head coaches the last 5 seasons, we must stay loyal to Thibs dictatorship for 2-3+ years so we can really know if he sucks or not.

It reminds me of when I hear a chick talk about her body count and she doesn't want it to increase from 99 to 100. It's still a high ass body count, get over Thibs and realize keeping Thibs here because Knicks cancelled on previous coaches is just a weak excuse. Other NBA teams improve and develop and we stay behind because of this mindless infatuation with Thibs.

sad.
    It all boils down to who else could you get to be the head coach of this team.

No one earned the right to keep their jobs after this season.

Realistically though, what coach worth anything is going to look at this roster and look at our front office and want to be a part of this?

It’s a moot point though. Rose already said Thibs is getting another year.
    Last edited by htr10; Mar 26, 2022 at 14:16.