Are Randle a Team-Leader, or role-player ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Before fans start the Trade-Randle in the offseason for so many different reasons ..
Or blame Kemba & Fournier for Randles performance ..
Us fans would like to know what were your expectation of Randle when signed?
And after 2 seasons performance are Randle a team-leader or role-player?

mafra

Legend
Thibbs, Randle, RJ not the reason this season went south.

Leon Rose and Wordlwide Wes made the terrible choice to sign Fournier over DeRozan?. Season boils down to this gaffe.

If DeRozan on NYK, he?s an MVP caliber guard, who would control flow off offense in crunch time.

Perry wanted him over Evan, DeRozan begged Knicks to sign him at tree r hometown Lakers couldn?t?

Now this bum WWW is trying to blame Thibbs? That decision is ten times worse than his bad free gent choices

WWW isn?t a man. He a coward. He?s season team and roster stinks and he blames coach? That tells me all you need to know about that individual.

Get rid of Rose, Wes, and anything affiliated with CAA

mafra

Legend
Randle has a great relationship with both Dolan and Thibbs?

It?s going to be interesting to see who Dolan listens to.

Wes/Rose
V
Thibbs

What happens to Randle, depending on who emerges safe with Dolan?

Let be clear from the start.
You have people running the Knicks that are INCOMPETENT AND STUPID. That is why the Knicks are in this current state.
So BLAME can be layed at feet of management and their construction of this Frankenstein team.

As for Julius Randle.... He is a victim in this whole state of affairs. No knowledgeable Knicks fan should expect Randle to be no more than a 2nd option on any team at best. That isn't criticism of Randle it just who he is as a player. He been given a situation that he can't possibly win. I see Randle trying over and over to be the #1 option. He trying to be a leader and Alpha male. Now take that with a grain of salt. The reason Randle is both leader and Alpha is because you don't have a real one on this team. Ok, Alright, I know what you are say 'What about D. Rose'. I agree!! D.Rose isn't starting and has a lesser role coming off the bench but that roll is larger when someone needs to take the last shot.

THERE ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS:
The Knicks didn't want Randle to be the leader or Alpha. His first year with the Knicks was supposes to be a supporting role. He was to support RJ. Management thought that RJ could be the PG and focus of the offense(whatever in the hell that was). Well, we know how that went in his rookie year. Randle was a mess that year.
To show what kind of player he was the off season was a time to reinvent himself. He did and became the most Improved Player of the year. Now there are factors that go along with that but they aren't important for this conversation.
Now the F.O. is stuck with Randle and all of the things that go with him. The harsh reality of him not being a #1 is setting in with organization. Again, he wasn't supposed to be in the F.O. vision.
**Has of today... This minute. The Knicks have two problems: 1. Julius Randle isn't a #1 but a #2 option at best under good circumstances. 2. RJ there over paid for #3 overall pick isn't #2 option or a #3 option... and there aren't any good circumstances for him outside of excellent treatment he is receiving from the F.O.
**So what do you do?? DEATH to this team is the only real cure. There is no saving the F.O. they are as incompetent as any I have ever seen. I thought 'Daddy Walsh', I. Thomas, F. Layton were bad, but this current management speaks for itself.
** Can any players be save from this team? I say No... and that is because of the cancer that exist. If there were players to be kept it would be Randle and Burks. Now keeping Randle means two things. 1. Moving he to the second unit because of habits. 2. Running an offensive scheme that would let him be the #1 on the second unit. Now that isn't very realistic because of trying to keep a steady offensive flow. So keeping Randle would be a challenge.

Kiyaman

Legend
Amongst the Knicks players the problem on court lies in ....
WHO team is this ???

Knicks .. Thibs/Randle
Nets .. Durant
Bucks .. Giannis
76ers .. Embiid
Heats .. Butler
Bulls .. Lavine
Celtics .. Tatum/Brown/Smart
Pacers .. ???
Magic .. ???
Pistons .. ???

mafra

Legend
I think since start of 2022, this is RJ Barrett?s team. He?s shooting 36% from downtown for his career. Trae Young is shooting 35% for his career from 3.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think since start of 2022, this is RJ Barrett?s team. He?s shooting 36% from downtown for his career. Trae Young is shooting 35% for his career from 3.

Only thing bout that is Trae Young is 2 wins away from .500 ..
And Randle or Barrett are 9 wins away from .500

Only thing bout that is Trae Young is 2 wins away from .500 ..
And Randle or Barrett are 9 wins away from .500

You are correct.....
So let RJ dig the Knicks out of the hole it in.
*Can he put a team on his back and carry them into the playoff?
* Is he that Transformative Player that the Knicks need so badly?
*Can he move the Needle of this team upward?
Etc, Etc, Etc....

If you don't know the answer to all of the question after 3 years of watching that bum. You will when the season end. The rats are deserting the ship!! They are blaming any and everybody they can.