Game thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets 3/23/2022 7:30pm [Game #72]

mafra

Legend
I told you you?ve been too hard on him. Kid can play, as to how good he is who knows?he needed to play a while ago

Makes absolutely no sense to bury a lottery pick in your rotation for 2yrs, complete goofiness

Usually fans applaud a roster that?s nearly 2 deep at every position but for whatever reason our front office and coach are at a crossroads apparently incapable of walking and chewing gum at the same time as if only one player is deserving to play one position on the team

We literally had 2yrs to figure things out, yet we go into the offseason with more questions than we had last yr

I lost to Ossining my senior year, Sectional 1 Title Game in football, and we had 4th Q lead? I?m allowed to harbor grudges against that school! Lol?

Give Obi credit. Would love to see what he would be doing playing with an above average PG?. Clearly, Randle or Obi needs a fresh start? both aren?t working together?.

Thibbs defense needs rim protection so they?ll never share time as C/PF combos?

What are u talking about? Obi Toppin filled in perfect for a injury Randle in today and yesterday games.
Plus a NBA roster & rotation need two good players for each position.
Randle's skills & talent are not a 40 min player in the NBA. Randle's barely a 30 min player. Now Durant & Giannis are 40 min PF. Anthony Davis is a 30 min PF, not a 40 min.

The Knicks have 2 decent young centers for the future in MitchRob & rookie Sims.
Noel got to go .. Taj is more a coach than player.

The Dolan Knicks need a PG every season.

RJ Barrett position .. 2-Burks 3-Fournier 4-Grimes and 5-Reddish could play ???
That's 5 players for a position that the majority of NBA teams only have 3 players.

Tonight game was worth watching when the Knicks gave out 18 assist in the first half of the game. That never happen the past two seasons having Randle's dribble-dribble-dribble and 4 turnover performance.

I get what everyone is saying that it?s good to be 2 deep at a position but we?re zero deep at PG.

Toppin and Randle can?t play together, if for no other reason, they?re both defensive liabilities.

The front office needs to give us a real starting lineup before we start getting excited we have a possible serviceable backup PF.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I get what everyone is saying that it?s good to be 2 deep at a position but we?re zero deep at PG.

Toppin and Randle can?t play together, if for no other reason, they?re both defensive liabilities.

The front office needs to give us a real starting lineup before we start getting excited we have a possible serviceable backup PF.

I guess it was a night for the Knicks youth........Even Frank took 10 shots for the Mavericks........

I guess it was a night for the Knicks youth........Even Frank took 10 shots for the Mavericks........
Mav?s haven?t been playing Frank send the trade for Spencer D. They are a faster team when Luka isn?t playing. The ball movement is very good. Now if I see it you know Kidd should see it.
Luka would fit in great with the Knicks. RJ and Luka would be great for the current state of the Knicks.

What you think?? Maybe the only so-called star that would come to the Knicks.

Broadway

All Star
I lost to Ossining my senior year, Sectional 1 Title Game in football, and we had 4th Q lead? I?m allowed to harbor grudges against that school! Lol?

Give Obi credit. Would love to see what he would be doing playing with an above average PG?. Clearly, Randle or Obi needs a fresh start? both aren?t working together?.

Thibbs defense needs rim protection so they?ll never share time as C/PF combos?

Listen Kiya made a solid point about Randle who I?ve tried to support but my does he have a funky attitude

Randle?s played 20gms 38min or more?listen even a YMCA league level coach knows that?s too much for a player of his caliber. Then Thibs has the nerve to complicate matters trying to throw Gibson in the mix. Clearly he had no plan to develop Obi and was counting on the fact he?d never have to

We?ve complained for yrs about the PG position?yet fans last yr said IQ didn?t need to start and was better suited to be the backup. He?s shown flashes and again we don?t know what we have

Meanwhile over in Believeland Sexton goes down with a season ending injury and what does J.B. Bickerstaff do?he slides his undersized G in Garland over to PG and made him run their team, proving to be one of the better young PGs in the league. He also said hey young fella Evan Mobley(ROY #3 pick)?you?re going to be the one anchoring our front court and no Jarrett Allen, Laurie Markennan, Kevin Love will not get in the way of me developing you

Cleveland has pretty much been better than us all yr. Coaching has been the difference not necessarily the makeup of their roster, although they have/had some good pieces/reclamation projects

Kiyaman

Legend
CHa ain?t stopping, OBI, as Toppin is Poppin, and NYK fans are hopping.

The Hornets & the Hawks had no answer for Obi Toppin's speed, hops, and dynamic creativeness on offense.
Truth be said, several NBA teams couldn't outscore on our BENCH-TRIO .. D.Rose (out-injured), Quickley, and Obi Toppin .. Recall .. the trio performance in the postseason game Thibs won as a Knicks coach.

After Obi Toppin consecutive performance on the Knicks summer league team.
Plus Obi's preseason performance as a trio with D.Rose & Quickly.
I myself as a old Knicks fan expected the 2nd season Obi Toppin to average 21 to 24 minutes per game throughout the (Protocols) 2021-22 regular season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Listen Kiya made a solid point about Randle who I?ve tried to support but my does he have a funky attitude

Randle?s played 20gms 38min or more?listen even a YMCA league level coach knows that?s too much for a player of his caliber. Then Thibs has the nerve to complicate matters trying to throw Gibson in the mix. Clearly he had no plan to develop Obi and was counting on the fact he?d never have to

We?ve complained for yrs about the PG position?yet fans last yr said IQ didn?t need to start and was better suited to be the backup. He?s shown flashes and again we don?t know what we have

Meanwhile over in Believeland Sexton goes down with a season ending injury and what does J.B. Bickerstaff do?he slides his undersized G in Garland over to PG and made him run their team, proving to be one of the better young PGs in the league. He also said hey young fella Evan Mobley(ROY #3 pick)?you?re going to be the one anchoring our front court and no Jarrett Allen, Laurie Markennan, Kevin Love will not get in the way of me developing you

Cleveland has pretty much been better than us all yr. Coaching has been the difference not necessarily the makeup of their roster, although they have/had some good pieces/reclamation projects

Coaching is the major part of a NBA 82 game season ..
And our coach Thibs were the NBA top head coach last season ..
Then made a 360 turn around this season to be one of the top 3 worst head coaches in the NBA.

The Cavs Big-Man head coach Bickerstaff has been a Team-Coach all season, changing all the stat-players on the roster into winning players on both sides of the court (still working on Levert thou).
The Cavs started the 2021-22 season having the ROY Mobley and 3 decent PG in the rotation (Sexton, Rubio, and Garland) to set the tone and identity for the Cavs team.
I recall reading GSW Steph Curry good comment bout Garland scoring ability on TWITTER during the offseason and I laughed. I choked hard when I watched a full Cavs game vs Knicks in November. where Rubio scored 37 pts, and Garland & Jarrett Allen performed like all-stars, plus Mobley performance showed why he's the ROY.