Who watch the Knicks vs Bulls Game yesterday ???

Kiyaman

Legend
I caught the remaining 5 min of the game, Burks & Barrett played like all-stars in the final minutes, and Obi Toppin was on the court till the final 3 min, then substituted for Randle.
It look like the Knicks team had a great Team-Win last night over the Bulls !!!

I listened to it on satellite radio while I was out. DeRozan went berserk against us but we hung in there and held on in the 4th. For whatever reason, this team is proving pretty effective at playing spoiler against teams that are trying very hard to win for playoff seeding.

Toppin had another nice scoring effort off the bench. The question with Obi is going to be can he consistently bring more than just scoring.

Randle shot poorly but led the team with 13 boards and had 4 assists in 28 minutes. Obi only pulled down 2 boards and had zero assists in his 20 minutes.

metrocard

Legend
Obi may be a solid bench rotation player? but he?s not half the offensive force Randle is.

Randle sucks.

40% FG isn't an offensive force, it's an offensive liability. You not taking that to the playoffs and expecting success. No one is saying Toppin is going to carry the load offensively, but he can passively assert himself into the offense and develop. Randle just dominates the ball and that doesn't make him better, just an inefficient scorer that leads to losing. What has Randle won in his career to say his offense leads to success? Last season we got embarrassed offensively. Randle isn't that guy you think he is. This season proves it.

mafra

Legend
Randle sucking or not living up to expectations is one thing, clamoring for his back-up and acting like JR is holding Obi back is another thing entirely.

Obi plays well with the other young Knicks and could be a nice complimentary player?

But I don?t envision Obi being a top 3 scoring option on any NBA team. Randle is definitely a solid 3rd option. If he played with a dynamic G and elite shooter, Randle might even be a #2 type guy?

Yes, you?re correct, Randle should never be the focal point, as a ball dominant 1 option. Do you run offense thru the Mailman or do you put ball in Stockton?s hands and let him make the decisions ???

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The team is better cause Randle is not bringing the ball up.... he is a good player, but any player will struggle without a proper PG..... it is very strange that through all these years, the front office couldn't get the team a proper PG

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
The team is better cause Randle is not bringing the ball up.... he is a good player, but any player will struggle without a proper PG..... it is very strange that through all these years, the front office couldn't get the team a proper PG

during the last time out Randle was sitting on the bench looking so disinterested........The guy played with heart last year but its clear about his limitations.......

Not that it will happen but I think one Star player males all the Knicks better especially RJ.........RJ is a great 2nd scoring option......the Bulls were double teaming him which shows how weak we are.

I will tell you OBI is the happiest knicks when he's playing well....the kid cannot hide is smile........

pat

Starter
Randle sucking or not living up to expectations is one thing, clamoring for his back-up and acting like JR is holding Obi back is another thing entirely.

Obi plays well with the other young Knicks and could be a nice complimentary player?

But I don?t envision Obi being a top 3 scoring option on any NBA team. Randle is definitely a solid 3rd option. If he played with a dynamic G and elite shooter, Randle might even be a #2 type guy?

Yes, you?re correct, Randle should never be the focal point, as a ball dominant 1 option. Do you run offense thru the Mailman or do you put ball in Stockton?s hands and let him make the decisions ???

The issue is his defense. He is horrible on that end. He regularly fails to rotate over, pointing his finger at somebody else. This has nothing to do with him being a first, second or thrird option. Clearly he is more skilled than Obi and a savy vet. RJ also is inept on defense but at least he tried last night. JR ... I didn't see much effort.

Kiyaman

Legend

That's the problem the Knicks have with Randle, Randle wants to be Stockton.
I was not joking last year after the Knicks short postseason performance when I kept stating the Knicks better get a veteran PG that can take the ball out of Randle hands.
In Randle 6 or 7 yrs in the NBA, the only successful season Randle had in the NBA was being the Knicks PG. Reminding me so much of the Knicks Carmelo Anthony era, of Melo getting rid of every PG the Knicks had under contract so he can be the facilitator on every offensive-possession.
What other role could Randle perform well without being the teams facilitator ???

Obi Toppin had to work hard on his quick scoring to get playing time from coach Thibs.
Obi Toppin's offensive talent & skills are Amare Stoudemire or Karl Malone when in a lineup with D.Rose leadership, and Quickleys' creativeness.
In the offseason, Obi Toppin has to work on every phase of a big mans defense.