Emergency Game Thread .. Knicks vs Hornets

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs 4th quarter substitution is crazy the first 4 min ..
Quickley Burks Fournier Obi Sims
McBride for Fournier
MitchRob for Sims
Barrett for McBride

Hornets with a run from the late 3rd into the 4th. Knicks have tried to storm back in the 4th but still down 5 with 5 minutes to go.

mafra

Legend
Classic Evan? he has 27 thru 3 but his man has like 40 and he doesn?t score in 4th.

Arguably worst free agent signing for NYK since Jerome James or Ed Curry.

mafra

Legend
Down 7 and Evan misses a FT. He?s a career 80 Oct shooter shooting 70 pct this season.

Bridges closing NYK out again.

Classic Evan? he has 27 thru 3 but his man has like 40 and he doesn?t score in 4th.

Arguably worst free agent signing for NYK since Jerome James or Ed Curry.

I?d say Noah was maybe our worst signing in franchise history. We gave him 4 years 72 million.

Fournier also got a 4 year deal, but year 4 is a team option. So, we really only signed him for 3 years 54 million.

Kiyaman

Legend
Burks played all 12 min of the 4th quarter !!!
The Knicks played little to NO Defense in the 4th quarter ..
It was another pad your stats Knicks quarter ..
Knicks 114 - Hornets 125

mafra

Legend
I?d say Noah was maybe our worst signing in franchise history. We gave him 4 years 72 million.

Fournier also got a 4 year deal, but year 4 is a team option. So, we really only signed him for 3 years 54 million.

I forgot about Noah. Stupid Phil! Still, Curry was worse.

mafra

Legend
Cha gets 40th win. Knicks officially can?t catch them

Only ATL remains? Hawks lose out and NYK win next 5 and they are in.

mafra

Legend
RJ with 25-4-3, on 9-17 from field and 6-8 from FT line.

4 points and 1 rebound from Obi in -3 minutes.

Meaningless stats from Evan and Randle?

12-12-5 for AB

Mitch a non-factor

mafra

Legend
I still can?t believe we select Kevin Knox over Miles Bridges, Mikhal Bridges, SGA, Michael Porter, Afernee Simmons, Kevin Heurter, Robert Williams, J-Brunson ?

At least NYK walked away with Mitch (but he?s about to jet, so what did they really get).

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ with 25-4-3, on 9-17 from field and 6-8 from FT line.

4 points and 1 rebound from Obi in -3 minutes.

Meaningless stats from Evan and Randle?

12-12-5 for AB

Mitch a non-factor

Yep, that's about right .. Obi Toppin receive 12 minute, and 3 shot attempts tonite .. RJ Barrett receive 38 minutes, and 17 shot attempts tonite .... That's bout how it went throughout the Knicks 2021-22 (LOSER) season .. We have 5 Games left in the season SMH
And Sims receive 11 minutes, and no shot attempts.
Sims and Obi got to play 3 games to get 38 minutes of NBA experience.
Are we keeping Thibs for next season?

Excuse me for saying .. I actually thought the Knicks summer-league starter lineup earned some serious playing time minutes in this season rotation, especially through Protocols.
The Yoots .. Sims paint defense, Obi fast breaks, Grimes 2-Way hustle, Quickley's creativeness, and PG-Deuce McBride relentless defense.

What are Thibs and the Knicks starter lineup trying to prove ???
Thibs and the Knicks 5 starter lineup has prove to be 18 minute players in the Knicks final 10 games of a losing season.
There was no co-existing or chemistry in the Knicks 5 starter lineup throughout the 2021-22 season ..
This is what a 30 win season lineup look like when they perform each game to pad-stats ....
MitchRob, Randle, Fournier, RJ Barrett, and PG Burks LOL

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Thibbs bungled the game away with his BS rotation. That?s obvious?

Miles Bridges on his play vs. Knicks in NY: "There?s a lot of history between me and the Knicks organization, going back to draft day. So every time I come in I want to make a point of why they should have drafted me back then. I just try to be aggressive every time I come here."

Did you not see this coming??
Did you really think they were a playoff team considering that so many of the other teams in the East were tanking because of talent in last years draft?
Did you not see that 3 years ago there was numerous mistakes made with the draft and F.A.? This part of the end results... I said part there is more to come.

It doesn't seen like you are in the camp of blaming Randle. The starting lineup changed from last year to this year for the worse. Have you thought about whether Payton(as bad as he was) good for team and Randle? If you were in the Walker camp ok but looking at last year and this year. Payton really is the only different in that starting lineup of last year. Last year was very good for Randle. He work hard in the off season to prepare for a different one than the previous year. Nobody gave him anything he earned it. Could the absent of Payton be a big reason for team and Randle success. I didn't expect Randle or the Knicks to have the same year. To me, Randle is having a decent year just not last year(no Payton or shoot falling).

There is enough blame to go around from F.O. to Thib's to players(Frankenstein Team).

mafra

Legend
At least NYK not Nets or Lakers. Terrible years for them?.

Rose missing 50 games reason why Knicks didn?t make play-in. Randle regression why they not a top 6 team.

Front office and Thibbs also hurt, you can argue they cost team 5 games at least?. Deciding Playoffs or no playoffs ?

Blame everyone!

Did you really think they were a playoff team considering that so many of the other teams in the East were tanking because of talent in last years draft?
Did you not see that 3 years ago there was numerous mistakes made with the draft and F.A.? This part of the end results... I said part there is more to come.

It doesn't seen like you are in the camp of blaming Randle. The starting lineup changed from last year to this year for the worse. Have you thought about whether Payton(as bad as he was) good for team and Randle? If you were in the Walker camp ok but looking at last year and this year. Payton really is the only different in that starting lineup of last year. Last year was very good for Randle. He work hard in the off season to prepare for a different one than the previous year. Nobody gave him anything he earned it. Could the absent of Payton be a big reason for team and Randle success. I didn't expect Randle or the Knicks to have the same year. To me, Randle is having a decent year just not last year(no Payton or shoot falling).

There is enough blame to go around from F.O. to Thib's to players(Frankenstein Team).

After being the 4 seed last year, I thought we had a good chance of 10 seed or better this year. I was wrong. Lots of mistakes were made. Seems like quite a few things, like Walker and Rose, ended up even worse than I thought were worst case scenarios.

The 1st round pick for Cam Reddish who was then lost for the season is maybe the bitterest pill of all.

Kiyaman

Legend

Last season Knicks success goes to D.Rose Leadership !!!
Not coach Thibs!
And not Randle!
Randle earned the best improve player for being healthy and ready at training-camp. However, Randle never had the skills to win games in the 4th quarter. And coach Thibs offense always depended on D.Rose or Deng or Noah or Butler's leadership to win games.
The Knicks (Thibs & Randle) record were 11-15, they hurried and traded for D.Rose to be the Knicks CLOSER last season.