Did anyone catch the matinee Game Knicks vs Cavs

Kiyaman

Legend
I missed it too.
Randle was out with a RIGHT QUAD TENDON STRAIN ....
Obi Toppin replaced Randle in the starter lineup having our (JOKE) SF trio of Burks, Barrett, and Fournier in the lineup. Yep! The same no chemistry, no ball-movement, and poor defense SF trio lineup that's been in the Knicks starter lineup the majority of the season.
Center MitchRob received 2 shot attempts in his 29 min performance.
Obi Toppin receive 30 min for 20 pts, on 5-10 FG shooting, 4 rbs, 4 ast, 1 steal.
Obi need to stop shooting those 3-ball shots till he's in his 4th season in the NBA.

I posted a few times about it in the prior game thread for the Hornets.

Obi had a career high 20 point game.

But, we stunk. Like Randle or not. Like RJ or not. Like Thibs or not. There is no one or two simple changes for next season that will make us meaningfully better.

Last edited:
Knicks with 10th worst record in NBA with 4 games to go. If we lose out, we at worst would end up in a 3-way tie for 10th worst record.

Kiyaman

Legend
I posted a few times about it in the prior game thread for the Hornets.

Obi had a career high 20 point game.

But, we stunk. Like Randle or not. Like RJ or not. Like Thibs or not. There is no one or two simple changes for next season that will make us meaningfully better.

Today's game probably showed no-team-ball effort from the Knicks SF Trio of starters (Burks, Fournier, RJ Barrett) trying to perform in the backcourt together for the past Knicks 50 games! They have been AWFUL .. No Chemistry & no ball-movement !!!

The Cavs coach Bickerstaff let PF Keven Love & PG Darius Garland (5th pick in Barrett's draft class) leadership run the Cavs offense/defense rotation throughout the season to have a 43-35 record. The Cavs Team been performing better and better throughout catching several season injuries.
The Knicks coach Thibs let Randle & Barrett lead the Knicks team to a 30 win season.