Kiyaman

Legend
Outstanding Knicks 3rd quarter !!!
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 94 - Magic 62

RJ Barrett 24 pts
Toppin 20 pts
Burks 19 pts
Quickley 15 pts

Knicks dominating Orlando. Toppin now with back to back 20 point games after having zero in his career previously.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quickley got a TRIPLE Double .. 18 pts, 10 rbds, 10 ast
MitchRob got a double-double and 5 blocks .. 3 min remain in game

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks 118 - 88 WIN over the Magic made my sports weekend ..
Great Knicks win from the YOOTS !!!

In the offseason what do you think we can get in return in a trade for Randle, Fournier, and Kemba ???
Do we need our 2022 draft pick? or should we trade it for one of our missing pieces?
We got a backup PG in McBride, we got a backup SG in Grimes, we got a backup center in Sims.
And two upcoming stars in Combo Quickley, and PF Obi Toppin !!!

mafra

Legend
I really wish we had that pick back, which we surrendered for Cam.

Love from UNC would?ve been perfect at that 22-32 range?.

I think NYK sign and trade either Randle or Mitch to DAL for Brunson.

Now, if Utah gets knocked out early? chance there could be a DM trade?

Brunson/Rose/IQ/McBride sounds like the more realistic route?.

Do they trade for KAT? Beal? Anybody?

Flip Randle to NO or MEM for Zion or Jax

McCullum, Ingram, Randle enough?

I don?t have much faith in Perry and Rose, so I have zero expectation this current regime can do much of anything (swing big deal or snag big time free agent).

So, I anticipate more marginal moves, as they attempt to compete and rebuild at the same time.

mafra

Legend
IQ second youngest NYK with a triple dub

Obi Toppin was +46 tonight.

That ties Wilson Chandler and David Lee for the highest single-game plus minus in Knick history

Kiyaman

Legend
I really wish we had that pick back, which we surrendered for Cam.

Love from UNC would?ve been perfect at that 22-32 range?.

I think NYK sign and trade either Randle or Mitch to DAL for Brunson.

Now, if Utah gets knocked out early? chance there could be a DM trade?

Brunson/Rose/IQ/McBride sounds like the more realistic route?.

Do they trade for KAT? Beal? Anybody?

Flip Randle to NO or MEM for Zion or Jax

McCullum, Ingram, Randle enough?

I don?t have much faith in Perry and Rose, so I have zero expectation this current regime can do much of anything (swing big deal or snag big time free agent).

So, I anticipate more marginal moves, as they attempt to compete and rebuild at the same time.

I too, have NO faith at all in the Knicks FO .. their regular season action were worst than their off season decision making.

mafra

Legend
The handling of D-Rose is why the Knicks aren?t in the bubble. He was a top 10 MVP candidate last year. With this roster, he was the plan? option 1 for the fourth Q. With him missing 50 games, he was replaced with a backup SG/SF in AB?

Safe to say not having a plan for replacing Rose cost them 6 games? Enough to cost them shot at the bubble.

Signing Kemba and Evan tells me they had no plan for last year and this year free agency. They didn?t envision a free agent being available that could change things? so they signed those 2 hoping to rebuild while competing. Maybe they can be serviceable and minor upgrades, they win 42 games and get ousted early? but competitive.

That blew up in their faces? ow they don?t have cap space?

The front office is to blame. They had no plan? they spent money bc they knew then that next summer, 2023, would be next chance to move. Another regime pinning all there hopes for success in somebody else?s hands?
Didn?t work for most, from LJ to KD?. Only 1 they got, Melo, they paid a steep price to get? and Amare had no other suitors?

So, I don?t expect any signing?. Not anything of note. They?ll try the trade route, but they haven?t proven to be movers and dealers? we shall see? but I see Rose digging a deeper hole before he has plan to build a real roster.

Brunson
Fournier

Get ready for that ax court? while they punt another season, waiting on

Mitchell
Booker
Kat

That?s his plan, I suppose. And? like so many before him, he?ll pin all his hopes on something beyond his control.

Go draft and scout and make strewed trades and signings and make the roster a 45 win team. Then, a star will come?

Last edited:
As much as we all enjoyed yesterday?s win with the young guys, important to remember Orlando is terrible.

Kiyaman

Legend
The handling of D-Rose is why the Knicks aren?t in the bubble. He was a top 10 MVP candidate last year. With this roster, he was the plan? option 1 for the fourth Q. With him missing 50 games, he was replaced with a backup SG/SF in AB?
Safe to say not having a plan for replacing Rose cost them 6 games? Enough to cost them shot at the bubble.
Signing Kemba and Evan tells me they had no plan for last year and this year free agency. They didn?t envision a free agent being available that could change things? so they signed those 2 hoping to rebuild while competing. Maybe they can be serviceable and minor upgrades, they win 42 games and get ousted early? but competitive.
That blew up in their faces? ow they don?t have cap space?
The front office is to blame. They had no plan? they spent money bc they knew then that next summer, 2023, would be next chance to move. Another regime pinning all there hopes for success in somebody else?s hands?
Didn?t work for most, from LJ to KD?. Only 1 they got, Melo, they paid a steep price to get? and Amare had no other suitors?
So, I don?t expect any signing?. Not anything of note. They?ll try the trade route, but they haven?t proven to be movers and dealers? we shall see? but I see Rose digging a deeper hole before he has plan to build a real roster.
Brunson
Fournier
Get ready for that ax court? while they punt another season, waiting on
Mitchell
Booker
Kat
That?s his plan, I suppose. And? like so many before him, he?ll pin all his hopes on something beyond his control.
Go draft and scout and make strewed trades and signings and make the roster a 45 win team. Then, a star will come?

The loud chants for the Knicks 2nd season Obi Toppin throughout the game in Orlando made my Day !!!
The Knicks 35 pt lead in the 3rd quarter over the Lottery Orlando Magic team are what a winning team does to a poor performance team.

The Knicks Mismanagement (Leon & Perry) did a very poor job in the offseason FA signing, by signing two 3-ball shooting players (Kemba & Fournier) for all the NBA fans who fell in love with the New NBA 3-Ball shooting.

The Knicks 30 win season belong to the Knicks coaching-staff and their so-call COY head coach Thibs for tearing & dividing the Knicks roster of players a part throughout the season, plus favoring the Knicks PF Randle to play the PG role for the Knicks for 35 to 40 minute per game throughout the season.
Taking Kemba out of the starter lineup and the rotation after 20 games (11-9 record) into the season, plus knowing D.Rose will never agree to being a starter for coach Thibs in the remainder of D.Rose career. Taking Kemba out of the rotation, and refusing to give rookie PG McBride any playing time forced D.Rose to go get surgery on one of the many injuries he received playing under coach Thibs 40 minute of playing time.
In the Knicks postseason games last year, coach Thibs had the 33 yr old D.Rose play 35 to 40 minutes in each postseason game by taking Payton out of the playoff rotation to decrease the winning 10 man rotation to 9 then 8 .. worst consistent losses of the season.
D.Rose was not gonna go thru that during the 2021-22 regular season, after just 20 games in the season. Thibs and co. wanted D.Rose leadership in the starter lineup next to RJ Barrett. Not Quickley! My theory.

LMAO Burks the Knicks starter PG LMAO
Burks long NBA career has been going down since leaving the Jazz, his performance and scoring were becoming inconsistent and several teams used Burks for trade, until landing in NY., and D.Rose leadership put Burks in a nice position as the SF in a 2nd unit lineup having D.Rose & Quickley's in the backcourt last season.

The Knicks should've sign Alonzo Ball & Caruso to work with D.Rose & Quickley at mentoring RJ Barrett & Randle at the forwards position throughout this season.
The Knicks missed their chance at signing two or one decent vet PG again.
This offseason we have to trade for a PG .. not good !!!