Game Picker

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I have an idea. I actually got it from another site but maybe we could have a Game Picker. You pick the winner of the game,the score and a random stat. You get lets say 10 points for the right team,and 10 points for the combined score of both teams and 10 for the random stat. It's just a thought.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
actually, we had a game predictions forum but this december there was a hacking attempt and all posts from one month have been lost, and ever since nobody seemed interested in it. the guy who was in charge with that forum had some problems with his pc and can't visit us.
but, if the knicks go into playoffs, i'll bring it back :)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
if everything works well and there will be more then 5 people playing it, sure, why not :)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Also another idea to throw out there. I know it might take a lot of work, but maybe i could do it.... Put everyone's game picker points, and position under their avitar. No other site has done this, and maybe it would be cool

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Also another idea to throw out there. I know it might take a lot of work, but maybe i could do it.... Put everyone's game picker points, and position under their avitar. No other site has done this, and maybe it would be cool

Yah, this would be a great idea. I would definetly help out also.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
it's a programming language to write websites, this whole forum uses php and MySQL databases and a big part of the site also is written in php

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
the game was actually pretty fun but towards the last 2 weeks we were playing ppl just stopped for some reason

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
whats so interesting about making game predictions, especially score predictions? its really just a crap shoot to try and guess how many points the teams will score...the only thing you can really use to guess is if they are playing a good defense or not, and if any key guys are injured. i guess there can be other helpful signs, but basically, you really have no idea. everybody will just pull a number out of their ass...and if one person predicts the team will score 100 and another guy said it would be 98, and it turns out to be 98, does that make the person who guessed 98 a better predictor?

and with game predictions, its an 82 game season, every team wins game it should lose and loses games it should win over the course of a season. for example, i have no idea whats going to happen in the next game the knicks play, but overall, i can predict that they wont make the playoffs and finish below .500.

i like doing pregame analysis and just noticing general trends and other important notes (like nba.com does in its previews of each matchup), because thats more interesting and more useful.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
whats so interesting about making game predictions, especially score predictions? its really just a crap shoot to try and guess how many points the teams will score...the only thing you can really use to guess is if they are playing a good defense or not, and if any key guys are injured. i guess there can be other helpful signs, but basically, you really have no idea. everybody will just pull a number out of their ass...and if one person predicts the team will score 100 and another guy said it would be 98, and it turns out to be 98, does that make the person who guessed 98 a better predictor?

and with game predictions, its an 82 game season, every team wins game it should lose and loses games it should win over the course of a season. for example, i have no idea whats going to happen in the next game the knicks play, but overall, i can predict that they wont make the playoffs and finish below .500.

i like doing pregame analysis and just noticing general trends and other important notes (like nba.com does in its previews of each matchup), because thats more interesting and more useful.
yea i agree with "a knick fan". it's sorta pointless predicting all this stuff....its not a big deal anyways....i juss hope the knicks actually "rebuild" and get sum big men and perhaps make the playoffs sum day lol

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Don't be so pessimistic :) it wasn't suposed to be something big, it was just a place where you could make some predictions - all for fun!
anyway, a knick fan, if you have any ideas, something that can be played by everybody, let me know ;)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yea, game picker is just a way to have some fun! its not designed to make you think that we are a good team... just have fun.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i cant think of anything, because on a day to day to basis, just like with any sport, anything can happen in a game of basketball. i can only think of talking about general trends, trades, and overall ideas.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
H20 OFFdaHizZLe said:
a knick fan said:

yea i agree with "a knick fan". it's sorta pointless predicting all this stuff....its not a big deal anyways....i juss hope the knicks actually "rebuild" and get sum big men and perhaps make the playoffs sum day lol
we were prediciting the high scorer before which isnt as much a crap shoot as is guessing exact statistic ... i think sticking to that would be best