Will Mavs PG Jalen Brunson receive a Max contract ???

tiger0330

Legend
I have to admit that I didn?t see game 7 with Sun?s. Just looking at the stat sheet said this was a horrible time for the Sun?s to have a shooting slump. Below 40% for the whole game. I don?t think that happened all year.
It reminds me of Hoyas vs Wildcats in the NCAA finals. Wildcats shot an amazing almost 80% from the floor that night and won by single digits(forgot the score). 9 out 10 times the Hoyas win this game. This one of those time when things like this happen.
They asked this question at the end of the half , ?What do Luka and the Suns have in common?. Answer, they both scored 27 pts in the first half, 27 pts sparked the Suns fans to boo their team heading to the locker room in a game 7 which I don?t think I?ve ever seen in a game 7 on any home court in the NBA.

I hope you changed your mind about Luka as well. Mavs made a gutsy move ditching Porzingis and admitting that Euro super duo was a failure and it paid immediate dividends for them, plus gives them cap and trade flexibility in the future.

They asked this question at the end of the half , ?What do Luka and the Suns have in common?. Answer, they both scored 27 pts in the first half, 27 pts sparked the Suns fans to boo their team heading to the locker room in a game 7 which I don?t think I?ve ever seen in a game 7 on any home court in the NBA.

I hope you changed your mind about Luka as well. Mavs made a gutsy move ditching Porzingis and admitting that Euro super duo was a failure and it paid immediate dividends for them, plus gives them cap and trade flexibility in the future.

Don?t count your chic?s before they are hatched!!

I didn?t make my comments base on not seeing Luka and the Mav?s. Again, it was base on ball movement on him not being on the court.

One time 9 out of 10 times the Sun?s are going to beat the in that game 7. Shooting that high of % from the field was the major factor in Mav?s win. Play that same game today and the Mav?s will lose.

The Maverick trading KP IMO wasn?t a good move. All they did was weaken their front line, again IMO. If you chose to believe in Luka by all means. That belief IMO should be base on what you see not the observations of other. Because you sound like everyone that is trying to be nice when mentioning Luka. The things I have said aren?t base on dislike but on what the eyes truly see. Now go back and read my opinion on Luka.

mafra

Legend
Hard to calculate your Math? 9/10 times PHO wins Game 7 or the 7-game series?

Mavs did win 4 games? 4/7? so, if they played game 7 10 times, based on winning 4/7 games in this series, then I would venture to guess DAL wins that game at least 6/10 times.

Kidd owned the supposed COY. PHO a paper tiger.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Mavs beating the Utah Jazz and the Phoenix Suns in a post season series had little to do with Luka's star performance, and lot's to do with the decision-making of the winning head coach Kidd. In February coach Kidd seen he needed a confident play-making PG (Dinwiddie) in his rotation to play alongside of Luka & Brunson's offensive scoring to have a better chance at beating the many top contender teams in the West.
The KP trade for Dinwiddie gave head coach Kidd the weapon to get the Mavs to the WCF.
Truth be said ....
I thought the Utah Jazz was going to beat the Mavs in 5 games.
I also thought the Phoenix Suns were gonna sweep the Mavs.
Now, I still believe the 2nd best ball-movement team in the league this season the GS Warriors will sweep the Mavs in the WCF.
If the Mavs win a game against the Warriors in the series, it's from coach Kidds offense/defense strategy.
The last time the Mavs visit the WCF the Mavs had PG Jason Kidd running the show .. And the team gave the MVP to Dirk LOL !!!

tiger0330

Legend
The Mavs beating the Utah Jazz and the Phoenix Suns in a post season series had little to do with Luka's star performance, and lot's to do with the decision-making of the winning head coach Kidd. In February coach Kidd seen he needed a confident play-making PG (Dinwiddie) in his rotation to play alongside of Luka & Brunson's offensive scoring to have a better chance at beating the many top contender teams in the West.
The KP trade for Dinwiddie gave head coach Kidd the weapon to get the Mavs to the WCF.
Truth be said ....
I thought the Utah Jazz was going to beat the Mavs in 5 games.
I also thought the Phoenix Suns were gonna sweep the Mavs.
Now, I still believe the 2nd best ball-movement team in the league this season the GS Warriors will sweep the Mavs in the WCF.
If the Mavs win a game against the Warriors in the series, it's from coach Kidds offense/defense strategy.
The last time the Mavs visit the WCF the Mavs had PG Jason Kidd running the show .. And the team gave the MVP to Dirk LOL !!!
I wanted to keep Bullock and sign Dinwiddie if you recollect, couldn?t have been any worse then with Kemba and Fournier. The Mavs gave up on Porzingis because he couldn?t stay on the court and as I told Dark that Cuban would be fed up paying that Euro duo 70M a year to play .500 ball, they took back Dinwiddie and Bertans because the Wiz wanted to part ways with Dinwiddie and they thought it would be easier to deal 2 smaller contracts instead of KPs huge one. Dinwiddie earned his money with game 6 and 7 and I didn?t get what his problems were in DC but the Mavs may have made out esp if Brunson walks.

I think the Dubs win also but no sweep. Mavs beat the team with the most wins so you have to give them a chance to pull off an upset.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wanted to keep Bullock and sign Dinwiddie if you recollect, couldn?t have been any worse then with Kemba and Fournier. The Mavs gave up on Porzingis because he couldn?t stay on the court and as I told Dark that Cuban would be fed up paying that Euro duo 70M a year to play .500 ball, they took back Dinwiddie and Bertans because the Wiz wanted to part ways with Dinwiddie and they thought it would be easier to deal 2 smaller contracts instead of KPs huge one. Dinwiddie earned his money with game 6 and 7 and I didn?t get what his problems were in DC but the Mavs may have made out esp if Brunson walks.

I think the Dubs win also but no sweep. Mavs beat the team with the most wins so you have to give them a chance to pull off an upset.

Wsup Tiger .. I got the Dubs sweeping the Mavs in the WCF.
Jason Kidd may be a great post season head-coach, but Steve Kerr has two head coaches as assistance, plus the Splash Bro., Green leadership, and two star role-players in Wiggins & Poole to make the Warriors dynamic rotation what the majority of the NBA teams are trying to duplicate each season in their teams.

We both wanted to keep the Knicks best defensive hustler in the starter lineup name Bullocks. The only Knicks starter no Knicks fans had any complaints about throughout the season as a starter. None of the Knicks SF this past season came close to comparing up to Bullocks hustle performance.
The Knicks 2021-22 season without Bullocks became a Knicks team without defense.

FA PG Dinwiddie/Schroder were a Knicks Priority to be the first signing in 2021 offseason.
Signing FA Fournier as the Knicks first FA signing of the 2021 offseason, a player that plays the same exact position as Knicks contracts RJ Barrett, Burks, Quickley, and the new rookie Grimes, to become the BIG JOKE of Knicks president Leon Rose/Perry FO career. And the Icing on the Knicks FO JOKE-Cake were trading for Cam Reddish early in the season who also play at the same position as the players mention above.
The trio of Burks, Fournier, and Barrett in the starter lineup from November to April showed no chemistry together, nor did the trio co-exist together in the starter lineup vs any Knicks opponents.

Hey Tiger... will you look at the stat sheet last game of the Sun's series with Mav's. Then if you would look at the last game of the series with G.S. Warriors. Something should jump out at you when it comes to Luka in both games and rest of the Mav's in stat's in last game of the Sun's series.

I know it may be asking a lot but if you could I think it would give you some idea of my assessment of Luka. Those two games are very telling about a player everybody consider a Star.

If I'm Cuban... I'm trading Luka to any fool that would want him. The Knicks may be the only fool in the league and would probably jump at the opportunity.

Tell me what you think when to look at the stat's.

Knicks hiring Rick Brunson (Jalen?a dad) to be assistant coach

Let?s call a spade a spade here. If we can?t attract a free agent when we literally just hired his dad, then we should just give up on free agency forever.

Got a question to anyone that can(not want) answer it.
Would not the whole(not part) of the offensive scheme have to be changed in order for Brunson to fit??

Before you answer think about what Knicks offense looks like full court and then Half-Court. Think about the ball ????!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Got a question to anyone that can(not want) answer it.
Would not the whole(not part) of the offensive scheme have to be changed in order for Brunson to fit??

Before you answer think about what Knicks offense looks like full court and then Half-Court. Think about the ball ????!!

The conclusion question is easy .. the BALL is in PF Randle hands in a full-court or half-court offense having head coach Fizdale, Miller, and Thibs.
1) Randle's transition talent on offense is awful.
2) Randle's half-court offense talent is up and down 50-50 ..
Up for his ISO-Bully-Ball scoring ..
Down for his dribble-dribble causing no ball-movement in the offense.

Does Rick Brunson have the talent & quality to be the head coach of the Knicks?
The Knicks next top-assistant head coach should have experience/talent/and all the qualities to become a 4 year NBA head coach.
Coach Thibs NBA 2021-22 82 game season performance showed (he got what he wanted the previous season COY), now he is ready to retire from being a NBA head coach. But the Knicks FO refuse to fire him.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Let?s call a spade a spade here. If we can?t attract a free agent when we literally just hired his dad, then we should just give up on free agency forever.

This is typical Knicks strategy which never seems to work out.

Truth is if we do not make any drastic changes we will just be the same as last year.................Not a hockey fan but seeing the crowd at the Garden only makes me wonder if we will ever experience that as a Knicks fan again.