Any News on MitchRob? Thibs want him to come back next season

Kiyaman

Legend
Any news regarding the negotiations with MitchRob?
What are the Knicks FO consensus about MitchRob, do they want him back?
The last time Thibs wanted a player back (Bullock) the FO ignored him and they let him go. Will they do the same with MitchRob?
And if the Knicks let MitchRob walk, who will replace him?
The Knicks didn't get a good replacement for Bullock !!!

How seriously are we taking these rumors that Knicks are ?parting ways? with MRob?

Last edited:
How valuable is a center that doesn?t even have a jumper?
Think about it there are no offensive plays outside of lops.
So how important is he? I have been a big fan MRob but F.O. and coaching haven?t developed him.

mafra

Legend
Unless his market isn?t what he envisions? He?s bolting. DET falling in draft makes it even more likely. Knicks be foolish to overpay. Simms steps up and you move on?

Hope a sign and trade helps you in some way with DET.

Kiyaman

Legend
How valuable is a center that doesn?t even have a jumper?
Think about it there are no offensive plays outside of lops.
So how important is he? I have been a big fan MRob but F.O. and coaching haven?t developed him.

MitchRob happen to be the Knicks best young player at his position.
The Knicks 4 year program for MitchRob on the offensive-end were to just set screens and picks for teammates.
In the past 3 seasons the Knicks offense was all about trying to make Randle & Barrett scoring stars.
In each Knicks game either Randle or Barrett gets the privilege to shoot 20 or more FG attempts in the game. Randle & Barrett has average 6 turnovers combine, plus been averaging 40% FG shooting, 30% 3-ball shooting, and 35 minute a game.

The Knicks never ran any offensive-plays for the Knicks top FG % player MitchRob (above 70% FG shooting) to score in the Knicks past 4 seasons.
Throughout MitchRob 4 seasons he has average 2 or 6 shots per game, and the majority of those shots were from broken-plays or put-backs. And at the start of every Knicks season MitchRob would average 1 to 3 shots a game throughout the first half of the season. In the 2nd half of the season MitchRob would average 2 to 6 FG attempts a game (In 4 season MitchRob totaled 5 FG attempts per game for 8.4 points).

Truth be said officially, Randle has been the Knicks main PG since coach Fizdale!
Randle & Barrett who has control the Knicks ball on practically every offensive possession knew this season was MitchRob final contract season, and the two players throughout 82 games never did anything to add MitchRob in the Knicks scoring. Barrett just started throwing MitchRob lob passes at the end of this past season. Randle never in 3 seasons.

Yes! I believe MitchRob wants to WALK !!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
MitchRob happen to be the Knicks best young player at his position.
The Knicks 4 year program for MitchRob on the offensive-end were to just set screens and picks for teammates.
In the past 3 seasons the Knicks offense was all about trying to make Randle & Barrett scoring stars.
In each Knicks game either Randle or Barrett gets the privilege to shoot 20 or more FG attempts in the game. Randle & Barrett has average 6 turnovers combine, plus been averaging 40% FG shooting, 30% 3-ball shooting, and 35 minute a game.

The Knicks never ran any offensive-plays for the Knicks top FG % player MitchRob (above 70% FG shooting) to score in the Knicks past 4 seasons.
Throughout MitchRob 4 seasons he has average 2 or 6 shots per game, and the majority of those shots were from broken-plays or put-backs. And at the start of every Knicks season MitchRob would average 1 to 3 shots a game throughout the first half of the season. In the 2nd half of the season MitchRob would average 2 to 6 FG attempts a game (In 4 season MitchRob totaled 5 FG attempts per game for 8.4 points).

Truth be said officially, Randle has been the Knicks main PG since coach Fizdale!
Randle & Barrett who has control the Knicks ball on practically every offensive possession knew this season was MitchRob final contract season, and the two players throughout 82 games never did anything to add MitchRob in the Knicks scoring. Barrett just started throwing MitchRob lob passes at the end of this past season. Randle never in 3 seasons.

Yes! I believe MitchRob wants to WALK !!!

Other than pick and roll, how can you get Mitch involved with Offence with his skill set?

If someone would have gotten a ?Big Man? coach when he was drafted would have been great. I have suggested many time for one(Kevin Garnett).
This shows just how much Mills and Perry knew about BB. Don?t forget there was Kornet who could shoot the 3?s, blk shots and defend the arc. What do they do with him? Where he??

Now you hire a scout that worked for Nike?s. Real impressive Resume? , huh.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
If someone would have gotten a ?Big Man? coach when he was drafted would have been great. I have suggested many time for one(Kevin Garnett).
This shows just how much Mills and Perry knew about BB. Don?t forget there was Kornet who could shoot the 3?s, blk shots and defend the arc. What do they do with him? Where he??

Now you hire a scout that worked for Nike?s. Real impressive Resume? , huh.

Dark Im happy to say I agree with you 100%

Ironically, Thibodeau was a big man coach who previously developed Yao Ming?s game. So, if anyone could appreciate the need for such a coach, it would be him.

Never knew Thib?s to develop anyone. Not say he didn?t but I never heard that he was a big man coach.
Thib?s can only take the Knicks so far. And we are there. It?s nothing else he can do and the sooner everyone realizes that fact the better the team will be in the future.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ironically, Thibodeau was a big man coach who previously developed Yao Ming?s game. So, if anyone could appreciate the need for such a coach, it would be him.

Thibs has been a BIG BIG huge disappointment throughout the entire 2021-22 Knicks season, especially in the development of MitchRob's final contract season.
If MitchRob decide to walk this offseason, Thibs funny coaching would be one of the reasons.
Plus I don't recall any written coach play for MitchRob to score from Thibs or Randle in the past two seasons (Sad).

The Knicks (Dum-Dum Mills/Perry) should've resigned the experience DeAndre Jordan to mentor the young MitchRob's talent for one or 2 seasons.
The same could be said about (Dum-Dum Leon/Perry) for not resigning Bullocks who happen to be the only Knicks player that co-exist alongside of Randle & Barrett in a lineup.

I?m still not seeing anything definite on MRob getting a multi year deal with the Knicks. Hopefully they want to see how draft night plays out and then sign him.

Still a big window for our front office to really screw things up, lose MRob, do nothing substantial on draft night, and send us into free agency looking for scraps.

Kiyaman

Legend
Other than pick and roll, how can you get Mitch involved with Offence with his skill set?

On every offensive-possession MitchRob is giving a pick for Randle, or screening for another teammate but never receive the ball. If Quickley never started throwing alley-oops to Obi Toppin we would've never knew Obi Toppin had a speedy above the rim transition scoring skill set.

Imagine Spurs Murray & Quickley at the point and having Obi & MitchRob front court .. 2-Way temple game

mafra

Legend
I hope Mitch runs from this dysfunctional front office. Nobody passes to him, so he?ll
Be happier elsewhere.

Then, Leon Rose can officially have egg on his face for losing his lone asset for nothing, all while asleep on draft and dealing away a lottery pick to erase his own mistake 11 months ago.