2022 NBA Free Agency Thread - Starts Thursday, 6/30 at 6PM

mafra

Legend
Nobody sung their praises last season. Rose was seen as a failure for his inability to bring in a free agent. I didn?t even like the Obi or IQ picks?

Still don?t see what you see in Bullock and Q. Never saw all of the things that was talk about with Bullock at Knicks or the Maverick.
Rose and Burks yeah but the rest of that second unit could be traded. A couple years ago second unit was a lot better.
Everybody now is talking about the mistakes made?.well those mistakes did just happen this last off season.
You think Randle being the Point Forward is cause of the team failure. That is an easy fit? take the ball out of his hand. The real cancer is L. Rose, Perry, Thib and RJ. Rid the organization of those 4 and start the organization to heal. Bring in knowledgeable BB people.
J. West and Magic is pissed with the Lakers. Not mention my favorites Phil and Gaines. Bring those people in at any cost.

Everybody in this forum now see the problems with those that been running Knicks. They were singing their praises and talking about there drafting and FA signing. Well this is the end results of incompetent.

A hit dog will bark!!

Still don?t see what you see in Bullock and Q. Never saw all of the things that was talk about with Bullock at Knicks or the Maverick.
Rose and Burks yeah but the rest of that second unit could be traded. A couple years ago second unit was a lot better.
Everybody now is talking about the mistakes made?.well those mistakes did just happen this last off season.
You think Randle being the Point Forward is cause of the team failure. That is an easy fit? take the ball out of his hand. The real cancer is L. Rose, Perry, Thib and RJ. Rid the organization of those 4 and start the organization to heal. Bring in knowledgeable BB people.
J. West and Magic is pissed with the Lakers. Not mention my favorites Phil and Gaines. Bring those people in at any cost.

Everybody in this forum now see the problems with those that been running Knicks. They were singing their praises and talking about there drafting and FA signing. Well this is the end results of incompetent.

Bullock has good size and is a good perimeter defender. I only brought him up because if you have a smaller PG, it makes sense to have a larger guard who brings plus defense in your rotation.

I don?t mind Fournier, but Brunson/Bullock would make more sense to me than a Brunson/Fournier backcourt. Oh well. What?s done is done.

tiger0330

Legend
Fred Vanvleet signed an 80M deal his last contract and he's a better player to me then Brunson. A greater than 100M contract is overly generous for him, I doubt Cuban matches that deal with Dinwiddie on board. He'll be a Knick if Rose offers him that deal but I would have preferred Dejounte.

Fred Vanvleet signed an 80M deal his last contract and he's a better player to me then Brunson. A greater than 100M contract is overly generous for him, I doubt Cuban matches that deal with Dinwiddie on board. He'll be a Knick if Rose offers him that deal but I would have preferred Dejounte.

For what it?s worth, VanVleet is likely going to sign a 4 year 110 million extension this off-season. These guys aren?t even top 12 in yearly salary for starting PGs and that?s with a lot of starting PGs still on deals from prior market value.

Last edited:
Well, don?t expect any free agency news for a while. Entire NBA now on hold until KD gets traded. Every team trying to put together their assets to try to get him.

Worth noting that some teams, like Miami, don?t have 1st round picks for a while. This is where a 3rd team, like say maybe the Knicks, could get involved with their extra 1st round picks.

It?s also where some teams will ask to remove the protection on 1st round picks that they have already traded away because it then allows them to trade away other sooner available 1st round picks if the NBA knows that the already traded picks will cash in this year.

Also, want to get really crazy.

Imagine that Atlanta now instead trades for KD and this makes Dejounte Murray available again. Just wondering out loud.

To put things in perspective, Nikola Jokic, who is one of the best players in the league, just signed an extension where he will make 60 million dollars for the final year alone.

Mavericks have offered Jalen Brunson a 5 year 106 million dollar deal, reportedly.

Brunson has an imminent meeting with that Knicks where he will receive an offer for 4 years 110 million.

Last edited:
Knicks have also reportedly agreed to a 2 year 16 million dollar deal with free agent center Isaiah Hartenstein.

He is 24-years-old and a stretch center who can hit the 3 and is a good passer. He also is a solid rim protector.

Early reports are that we will re-sign MRob and Hartenstein will back him up. That?s a rock solid rotation at the center position for us if true. Big men don?t come cheap.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Bullocks a defensive team-leader on the court doing all the hustling things that's not on the stat.
Bullocks 30 minute performance each game played a big part in the Knicks success to make the playoff, and the Mavs success to make it to the WCF.
The Previous season the Mavs got knocked out of the first round by a Clippers team without Kawhi, and an injured Paul George who missed two games.
Not knowing the importance of Bullocks role .. will make a lot of KO fans question you Dark.
Especially, when Bullocks complimentary performance made ur boy RJ Barrett's performance look decent throughout the season.

When D.Rose went down for a season-injury, the Knicks guards & SF performed like LOSERS throughout the season. Bums!

mafra

Legend
Personally, I would prefer The 13th pick Duran and save 2 mil and get more upside.

He did win a title at VA, no?

Hey? we may be a bubble team next year! How exciting

We were told that CAA Rose would be bringing in all his contacts?. Year 3 and crickets?

mafra

Legend
Miranda at TKB.com

A second-round pick by Houston in 2017, Hartenstein is a legit 7-footer who can help out protecting the rim and shooting from outside, two areas the 2022 Knicks were middle of the pack. He made 14 of his 30 3-point attempts for the Clippers last year, by far the most attempts he?s had in any season; it?s impossible to project what kind of year he has from deep off such a small sample (the four years prior to last year, he took 17 3-pointers, total). Hartenstein joins Brunson, Julius Randle and RJ Barrett as lefties. I don?t know if that means anything, but it?s quirky enough to note!

Jalen Brunson deal with the Knicks ends up being 4 years 104 million.

So, if reports are true, a difference of less than 5 million per year got us Brunson versus what the Mavericks offered.

Think what you will about Brunson, Dallas wanted to keep him and are furious with us for how we played this.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Contracts are rising?. Heck, waste of space Knox just got 6 mil?. He?s the 14th highest paid guard, hardly elite money. Almost average for about average production.

Most importantly, it?s all about the fit? kid can ball? who cares what fans and media say? listen to his peers. Miles Bridges and D-Bane tweeted KNicks got a baller.

Remember when Mavs let Steve Nash walk?

Brunson and IH are skilled ballers, who fit in with Thibbs vision. Knicks have plenty of picks?.

Problem is: MIA probably getting Donovan Mitchell, ATL got a stud back court, BOS and MIL not going anywhere.

While Rose has run circles around his predecessors, he?s still failed to deliver. When he signed on 3 years ago, we were told his connections would mean something?.

His first free agency an abject failure, and this one is just meh.

He?ll say he?s being patient and waiting for the opportunity. We shall see.

Knicks better be in first round next year or Rose won?t get another chance to prove he can build a roster.

If all those connections and relationships CAA & WWW have forged over the years can bear fruit?. From now until Feb? it better produce something significant or else Leon gets his walking papers.

Knicks can go over the cap to re-sign Mitchell Robinson so seems likely his deal will be the last thing that our team will announce and it will signify our moves are done.

mafra

Legend
Sounds like almost all NBA teams out of cap space? Start the exemptions signings and trades?.

Word is Donovan Mitchell To MIA gonna happen sooner rather than later

mafra

Legend
Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer
Hearing that the contract structure of Jalen Brunson?s $104 million deal with the Knicks descends annually? starting at just north of $28 million next season in Year One and and ending at just south of $24 in Year Four (2025-26).

This tells me Rose is playing the long game? word around campfire is that the salary cap will go up big time by 2024? who knows? but Brunson at 24 mil for n year 4 could be a steal.

mafra

Legend
Jalen Brunson is the 4th player to sign a $100 million contract with the Knicks, joining Carmelo Anthony, Julius Randle, and Allan Houston.

He's the first player in NBA history to sign a $100 million deal with a new team despite having never been voted an All-Star.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks have also reportedly agreed to a 2 year 16 million dollar deal with free agent center Isaiah Hartenstein.

He is 24-years-old and a stretch center who can hit the 3 and is a good passer. He also is a solid rim protector.

Early reports are that we will re-sign MRob and Hartenstein will back him up. That?s a rock solid rotation at the center position for us if true. Big men don?t come cheap.

Naw .. 2nd season Simms will be MitchRob's backup off the bench, if Thibs has plans on winning games having 48 min of inside defense in the paint.
The Clippers let Hartenstein walk because he wasn't a good backup for Zubac.
And Clippers trading for Covington above the rim hops on the Feb. Deadline also gave Hartenstein his walking papers.
Who is the JOKER? Us Fans or Leon Rose ???
Oh Yeah! We cant forget Thibs .....
Hopefully, McBride & Simms get to average 18 min playing time, especially if they Turn-Out the Knicks summer league Games ....
And Quickley & Obi better receive 24 or more minute of playing time next season !!!