Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quote Originally Posted by skisloper1 View Post
    Let me be clear.......Do I think the FO sucks.....YES.....
    WERE THERE BETTER MOVES TO MAKE ......YES

My points simply is we have what we have......Frank was never given a full chance so at this point that mistake meant we had NO PG.........I always thought he should play more......
    I have always said give RJ this season so we shall see........We have had and lets hope that changes no offensive scheme.....I blame coach not the players.....

I guess time will tell......
    If you didn’t know it ‘You are out of time’!!

Dye has been cast and the jury is end.

Justify him being on the court and starting!! If you can’t do that(and you can’t) there is no need of another year. This isn’t me saying these things it his play… his play…his play.

12th man

Even if the Knicks do improve with the signing of Brunson and Hartenstein, they can’t touch what the Celtics did with their off-season moves. Donovan Mitchell will soon be headed elsewhere with Ainge going full rebuild with the Jazz, best guesses for a destination for him anyone? Ainge will be looking for picks and expiring contracts for DM.

Knicks didn’t lose M-Robinson for nothing; You could argue that they could’ve saved a ton of money and selected Jalen Duran… Go with Simms, IH, and the rookie… but Thibbs needs the rim protector and re-signing him tells me the plan is to give this group of kids all the help they can get, as opposed to a total rebuild through the draft.

Since the last draft pick given a second contract was Charlie Ward… they made the right call.

Randle and Evan have no trade value right now. So, hope for a good start, and then look to sell them when their value is built up some….

The 2 who will suffer is Obi and IQ… but if D-Rose, IQ, Evan, IH and Obi can be a special unit… Knicks will be happy.

This means Brunson, Grimes, RJ, Randle and Robinson start? Something like that….

Brunson best PG teams has had since Mark Jax (given age and talent)….

IH is a player too.

Knicks added talent… now they wait for that star to come..

Hope RJ becomes more efficient, Rose stays healthy, andRandle returns to MVP form with a true PG.

We shall see.

I don’t have hope for next year but maybe I’m shocked, like 2021… who guessed 4 seed then?

On a side note: I see SGA balling for team Canada.. RJ better be forging a bond with the kid…

Brunson, SGA, RJ, Obi/Randle, Robinson could be a nice future

NYP

“A two-time national champ at Villanova, Brunson is the ultimate crafty left-hander, an athlete who compensates for his lack of high-end athleticism by playing the angles, by seeing things his opponents don’t see and by using his squatty 6-foot-1 body as the hammer needed to create his workspace. Among NBA guards last season, Brunson owned the fourth-best shooting percentage in the paint (51.4), the fifth-best in the restricted area (67.2), the eighth-best on midrange shots (47.3), and the third-best on corner 3s (50.0). The guy can play.”

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    NYP

“A two-time national champ at Villanova, Brunson is the ultimate crafty left-hander, an athlete who compensates for his lack of high-end athleticism by playing the angles, by seeing things his opponents don’t see and by using his squatty 6-foot-1 body as the hammer needed to create his workspace. Among NBA guards last season, Brunson owned the fourth-best shooting percentage in the paint (51.4), the fifth-best in the restricted area (67.2), the eighth-best on midrange shots (47.3), and the third-best on corner 3s (50.0). The guy can play.”

Last year Brunson played 68 games, and was a starter 12 times ..
    This past season Brunson played 79 games, and was a starter 61 times ..
    The Knicks signed Brunson to a max $$$ contract to be the Knicks starter PG. .
    Did the Knicks FO get scam again in the FA market ???

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Brunson could have made over $130M on a 4 yr max deal with the Knicks or a $175M 5 yr deal with the Mavs if they offered it. Mavs didn't offer him that max deal as I predicted but if they did he probably would have stayed in DAL so I'm glad to have him.

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Brunson could have made over $130M on a 4 yr max deal with the Knicks or a $175M 5 yr deal with the Mavs if they offered it. Mavs didn't offer him that max deal as I predicted but if they did he probably would have stayed in DAL so I'm glad to have him.
    Yes .. A lot of sport players $$$ contracts are ridiculous high.
    However, Brunson's last 2 season performance earned him a 5 yr contract at $13M or 16M per from the Mavs organization. Not $26M per !!!
    If any of the mention names (Cuban, or Kidd, or Doncic) believed that Brunson performance was worth the Knicks offer .. the Mavs FO would've matched the offer to keep Brunson. It seem like Cuban seen certain teams going after a FA Brunson.
    On the Feb. deadline the Mavs gave up their 7.3 F/C KP for a 6.6 PG Dinwiddie.
    Dinwiddie average 28 min a game in the Mavs postseason run to the WCF.
    Remember Dinwiddie the playmaker combo-guard that took D'Angelo Russell scoring performance to the next level on the Nets.

Veteran

Jericho Sims signed a 3 year deal worth a little less than 6 million with the Knicks.

Trevor Keels signed a 2-way contract.

Knicks still haven’t waived the last non-guaranteed year of Taj Gibson’s deal, but that seems likely.

I think Brunson averaged 20&8 in the 17 games Doncic didn’t play. Of course, we saw him elevate his game on the playoffs… Knicks didn’t give him the max…

NBA salaries are going up and up and up….

We shall see if he’s worth it.

Veteran

Knicks waive the final non-guaranteed year of Taj Gibson’s contract, as expected.

There will likely be interest in him as a low cost addition to a contender. He played well for us at times the last couple seasons and definitely brings some gritty leadership to a bench.

Signing Gibson was a waste of money and playing time.
    We would have been better off signing Cousin.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!

Knows the team

Thumbs down DUM Move by Knicks FO

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Knicks waive the final non-guaranteed year of Taj Gibson’s contract, as expected.

There will likely be interest in him as a low cost addition to a contender. He played well for us at times the last couple seasons and definitely brings some gritty leadership to a bench.

Veteran F/C Taj Gibson were the only front court leadership mentor for the Knicks young-core big-men on the roster. Taj Gibson presence on the court or bench are great for MitchRob, Sims, and Obi Toppin's NBA growth.
    Randle's a bum when it comes to team leadership.
    Waiving Taj Gibson is like waiving 10 wins from next season record.

Veteran F/C Taj Gibson were the only front court leadership mentor for the Knicks young-core big-men on the roster. Taj Gibson presence on the court or bench are great for MitchRob, Sims, and Obi Toppin's NBA growth.
    Randle's a bum when it comes to team leadership.
    Waiving Taj Gibson is like waiving 10 wins from next season record.
    Maybe he is at the wrong job…. How about making he Head coach??
    You don’t care for Thib’s and neither do I.