Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran

Why do I have a feeling that Brunson is going to use us as leverage to stay in Dallas for top $$$ and we are going to be stuck with his dad on our coaching staff and we still won’t have a PG??

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Why do I have a feeling that Brunson is going to use us as leverage to stay in Dallas for top $$$ and we are going to be stuck with his dad on our coaching staff and we still won’t have a PG??
    You have that feeling because it is what happens to us every time in this situation and it is the most likely outcome here as well.

The worst part is that our plan B will be non-existent.

If they whiff on JB after failing to trade for Ivey…. And considering last year’s free agency failures….

Leon Rose officially a failure and on the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I'm not a fan of a teams PF performing as the teams PG on every offensive possession, unless their name are Draymond Green or Giannis.
    Randle been averaging 30 minute of playing time at the end of the 3rd quarter for the Knicks under coach Thibs.
    I wonder what Randle stats would look like receiving 28 minutes per game?

The Knicks head coach gave Randle complete control of the decision-making in the Knicks offense for 40 minutes a game throughout the 82 game season. Randle made the Knicks starter offense dependent on his distribution this past season.
    And the Knicks 48 minute defense each game throughout the 82 game season had no one in control so it STINKED awful throughout the midseason games, showing no signs of improvement the remaining 20 games of the season from captain Randle's leadership on the court.
    Giving Randle all that power (to perform at PF & PG the past 3 seasons are not something Randle will want to stop in his 4th season as a Knicks.
    He has to go!
    Randle has become another PF Melo always dribbling the ball down court on every offensive possession .. PG!
    So far, the average PG (Payton, Rivers, Frank, and Kemba) were not able to take control of the Knicks offense and the ball from Randle dribbling down court the past 3 seasons.
    Could the Knicks do better without Randle ???

Well .. In the Knicks first 25 games of the 2021-22 season the Knicks had an exciting team-chemistry, and ball-movement from the Knicks 2nd unit bench players of ..
    D.Rose offensive leadership, Taj Gibson's defensive leadership, Burk's experience, and the speed and athleticism from two 2nd season players Quickley & Obi Toppin.
    Agree with you 100%.
    Question - What you going to do with Randle enablers??

Veteran

Well, the internet seems pretty convinced that we are going to get Jalen Brunson for 4 years and a deal in excess of 100 million.

Seems like we only need to clear cap space and it’s going to happen.

I’m still skeptical but this would be a big move for us. Think about how many times we’ve had a chance to acquire a PG in their prime and not wanted to pay the money or trade the pick to do so. Kyle Lowry in 2013 comes in mind.

You have to take chances to land a starting PG. If they were a sure thing, they wouldn’t be available.

I really hope this works out for us.

Veteran

Woj reporting that Knicks will be trading Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks to Pistons to free up 19 million in cap space.

The deal includes us giving Detroit a 2023 2nd round pick (which was Detroit’s to begin with which we had acquired in a prior deal), our 2024 2nd round pick, and 6 million in cash.

We will be getting no players/contracts back in return.

Again, this is why you don’t hire a sports agent to be your GM.

He easily dumped 2 contracts for second round picks. Kemba could’ve been dumped just the same, and if the 6 mil cap hold the 11th pick comes with means you can’t sign JB… then OH WELL. 95 million or 101 million or 107 mil is all the same to DAL.

The Knicks, in essence, forfeited the 13 pick for no reason. Sure, trade out of 11 and grab 3 firsts and send 1 to get the 13th pick…. You started draft with 2 first rounders, you get Cam and 2 future 1sts next year and then you get the 13th pick… then you sign Jalen!

That’s how a real Exec works… then when 13th pick looks good he’s a tradeable asset. Imagine that.

If this move doesn’t come attached with another, then we have quarter billion tied up in Randle & Jalen….

But, 20-25 mil a year about the going rate for above average PG; he’s a proven winner on the upswing entering his prime… Steve Nash left Dirk and elevated his game…. And, for Obi and RJ and the kids, this is great news.
    Last edited by mafra; Jun 29, 2022 at 00:43.

Knows the team

FULL TRADE DETAILS:

Knicks receive:
    Two future second-round picks
    Cash incentives

Pistons receive:
    Nerlens Noel
    Alec Burks
    2023 second-round pick
    2024 second-round pick
    $6 million

Best wishes to Kemba, Burks, and Noel on building a Pistons team. Three players the Knicks shouldn't have signed last offseason, especially after their 1-4 playoff series performance (Fournier too).

The Word on the street are .. the Knicks are going to offer Brunson $110 mil on Thursday

Question-Is Brunson a good defender or average?
    He is only 6’ 1”….. problem??
    I saw him struggle on defense with bigger guards.

When Burks came to the Knicks to replace Dotson I wasn’t please.
    Now the Knicks have trade him and I’m not pleased. Burks EARNED(yes) my respect with his play. I think the Knicks have made a huge mistake.

Veteran

Atlanta reportedly will be sending multiple 1st round picks and Gallo to SA for Dejounte Murray.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Question-Is Brunson a good defender or average?
    He is only 6’ 1”….. problem??
    I saw him struggle on defense with bigger guards.
    Brunson plays physical for his size, but yeah, size will be an issue on defense. He’s going to have to fight over screens because if he switches onto anyone other than the other team’s PG it will be a problem.

Brunson not known for his on-ball defense, but good help defender.

Long story short, Knicks are going to need a plus defender like Grimes to be on the court with Brunson.

I thought it made sense at the time, but it really is a shame Leon ignored Thibs last off-season and didn’t bring back Reggie Bullock.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Atlanta reportedly will be sending multiple 1st round picks and Gallo to SA for Dejounte Murray.
    Driving from Salt Lake to Cheyenne today and when Marc Stein reported NYK 1/3 teams involved in trade talks… THeY bashed Knicks; Brunson wants ball and now they have to share, why would SA dump him… then when Hawks make move they praised ATL for move and laughed bc NY didn’t make trade.

Just like nobody said much when CHA gave Rozier 20 mil for 9ppg and will blast Ny for signing Brunson.

Anyway, Rose better have a trick up his sleev (Beal?)…. Bc not only did he fail but o get Murray, and adds other all star with Jalen, he let him go to ATL.

Young and Murray will demolish Knicks. Sad day.

A Brunson/EF backcourt won’t work bc they couldn’t defend.

Ian Begley made it clear that he “[does] not know if the Knicks have touched base with San Antonio,” but added that “rival executives see Murray and Brunson as a strong fit, for what it’s worth.”

Murray led NBA in steals and almost averaged a triple double.

Trading picks for Murray much wiser than trading picks and sho NYY out 27.5 mil a season to Brunson.

Reports are now that Brunson has meetings with Mavs, Knicks and Heat tomorrow. On that news alone, I pray he signs elsewhere so we can laugh at Rose and be saved from a huge mistake.

Go give Beal 25 mil per….

I still can’t believe NBA allowing SA to tank. Then again, yanking only an issue when Knicks hardtop pick. KP blew out his knee and missed season… that’s why Knicks were bad.

OKC and SA and HOU not even trying to win games next year.

So sad Leon Rose allowed ATL to secure Murray. Young, Murray, Hunter, Capella, Heirter, Young…. They gonna kills NYK for years to come.

Since end of last season, this time in 2021…. After ATL destroying Knicks…. Rose has turned this top 4 seed into a lottery team!

Alan Hahn tweets out that he can’t believe Leon Rose outbid for Murray, when all it required was first round picks.

Knicks have 11 next 7 years’

Alan… it’s a sports agent with massive ego… he doesn’t know how to be a GM!!! Look at what all his contacts have brought…. Nada… he might get the sim of his first client…. Might…. If he massively overpays him. Dude can’t build a roster….

I will be officially renouncing my NYK fan-dome soon. I will wait to see what roster Rose builds… if it’s running it back with 27.5 mil Brunson…. I am out. No more.
    We might be a week away from being doomed until the 2030s…

We punt our lottery pick, just bc Leon Rose felt nobody was worthy? Give me a break. We allow Murray to go to ATL!

I will Reserve judgement until roster is fixed…. But this might be enough for me.