Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Leon Rose and his Knicks getting killed all over the national media… local top. And rightly so…

“The big three of Dejounte Murray, Jalen Brunson and RJ Barrett was not meant to be.

The Spurs’ All-Star guard is headed to play with Garden villain Trae Young and the Hawks, according to multiple reports, and will not be joining Barrett and Brunson at the Garden.

The Knicks were interested in the 25-year-old Murray and were one of the teams to hold trade talks with the Spurs, sources confirmed. What they were willing to give up, though, is uncertain.

The Hawks sent the Spurs three first-round picks, former Knick Danilo Gallinari and a pick swap to land the 25-year-old Murray, who is one of the best young players in the game. This past season, his first as an All-Star, Murray averaged 21.1 points, 9.2 assists, 8.3 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. His one limitation is his 3-point shot. Murray is a lifetime 33 percent shooter from deep. But he is an elite defender who is a nightly triple-double threat, having notched 13 of them this past to set a Spurs single-season record.”

1 of the 3 picks sent to SA came via any in the failed Cam trade… now Leon trying to dump him to clear another 5 mil… LOL.

In essence, Leon Rose forfeited 2 first rounders this year to erase mistakes he made in the last 11 months.

Unless he ends with a star and Brunson… gonna be a max exodus out of MSG.

Maybe it came down to Murray? Some
    Reporting KLuTCH agency put this together to unite their clients… makes sense now.

Beal and Brunson. Make it happen!

Also sounds like Rose unwilling to part with 2 unprotected picks and unwilling to throw in an extra pick.

There is one school of thought that the Knicks are overpaying for Brunson, a player who just became a full time-starter for the Mavericks in December. They had to move several draft picks (including the No. 11-overall choice this year) and veteran players to create enough cap space to afford him. A former second-round pick, Brunson has averaged 11.9 points, 3.7 points and 3.0 rebounds in 24.7 minutes while shooting 37.3 percent from 3-point range across his five-year NBA career.

“It will make them more competitive, but it doesn’t take them to a serious contender,” a league source said. “He’s a very talented player. What does he turn the Knicks into? Probably they advance past the play-in. Do they win a round? I don’t know.

Good news is NYK front office determined that JB was worth 27.5 mil to Mavs last season. How lovely.

Veteran

Honestly, as a Knicks fan who doesn’t see a true path to this team being a real contender, if the moves we make this off-season get us above 0.500 and we make it through the play-in and have at least a fighting chance of getting out of the 1st round, I’ll take it.

Core is young. If MRob stays, then you hope that RJ, MRob, IQ, Toppin, Grimes, Deuce, whoever, take a step forward over the next season.

Jalen makes this team better…. But other teams improving as well. Randle is a problem that must be addressed.

But, Brunson is a massive upgrade. JB will
    Show up and make good on contract. I believe in him and he’s a winner. Love the kid. And, in 3 years, by end of his deal…. We may say we got a deal.. contracts will continue rising

Personally, I prefer CHA, DET, CLE, ATL young core more than Knicks.

BOS, MIL, Nets, MIA are clearly better….

Are they better than TOR & CHi? Maybe, maybe not….

WAS, INdy, ORL we probably better than now and in future.

So, who does Ny leapfrog, to jump up from. 11 to bubble team?

And, how many other teams in EC have a brighter future?

If you can’t get Brunson with a other significant piece, then do nothing… should’ve drafted players in first round, play kids, and be a player n next year lottery for a franchise altering talent.

Who the heck wants to win 34 games again and finish 2 or 6 games out of bubble and draft 11 again?

We are 2 weeks away from admitting Rose was a major failure. Not sure if he should get a third offseason.

We are two weeks away from being irrelevant again for another 3-5 years… Oi vey. 2012, 2021… come 2030, we may have 2 decent seasons to show for thirty years of support.
    Brutal!

Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    When Burks came to the Knicks to replace Dotson I wasn’t please.
    Now the Knicks have trade him and I’m not pleased. Burks EARNED(yes) my respect with his play. I think the Knicks have made a huge mistake.
    Well u can blame coach Thibs for putting Burks at the PG position ....
    In over a decade of having consistent lottery season the Knicks media always blame the unsuccessful season on the Knicks starter PG (which really was Randle the past 3 seasons).

Burks was aiight, I will admit I like the Knicks 2nd unit trio back-court lineup coming off the bench having Quickley;s speed/athleticism, Burks experience, and D.Rose scoring leadership. We would never know which of the trio players were gonna have a high scoring night. The Knicks 2nd unit lineup having those 3 players the past two seasons were the most exciting unit the Knicks put on the court.

P.S. I still say last offseason Bullocks & D.Rose dynamic performance should've got an extension, or been the first two Knicks FA to be resign, way before FA Taj, Burks, and Noel.
    I thought Leon/Perry had something up their sleeve to get back at all us critiques by getting the Knicks Murray, when they were loading up on future 1st round picks.

Now Atlanta Hawks beat us to the punch again .. Trae Young will get his shot at becoming a Allen Iverson at the SG position having Murray in the backcourt (Snow & AI).

Will Knicks fans and media laugh Leon/Perry out of NYC when Brunson resign with the Mavs ???
    Last offseason, Leon/Perry had signed 6 FA players for the Knicks rotation, a year later they trade three of those FA players for future draft picks .. LOL

Veteran

Alan Hahn made the point that both Trae Young and Dejounte Murray are Klutch clients, similar to how we manipulate things to get all these CAA clients, we may never have had a chance.

Still don’t see what you see in Bullock and Q. Never saw all of the things that was talk about with Bullock at Knicks or the Maverick.
    Rose and Burks yeah but the rest of that second unit could be traded. A couple years ago second unit was a lot better.
    Everybody now is talking about the mistakes made….well those mistakes did just happen this last off season.
    You think Randle being the Point Forward is cause of the team failure. That is an easy fit… take the ball out of his hand. The real cancer is L. Rose, Perry, Thib and RJ. Rid the organization of those 4 and start the organization to heal. Bring in knowledgeable BB people.
    J. West and Magic is pissed with the Lakers. Not mention my favorites Phil and Gaines. Bring those people in at any cost.

Everybody in this forum now see the problems with those that been running Knicks. They were singing their praises and talking about there drafting and FA signing. Well this is the end results of incompetent.

Nobody sung their praises last season. Rose was seen as a failure for his inability to bring in a free agent. I didn’t even like the Obi or IQ picks…

Still don’t see what you see in Bullock and Q. Never saw all of the things that was talk about with Bullock at Knicks or the Maverick.
    Rose and Burks yeah but the rest of that second unit could be traded. A couple years ago second unit was a lot better.
    Everybody now is talking about the mistakes made….well those mistakes did just happen this last off season.
    You think Randle being the Point Forward is cause of the team failure. That is an easy fit… take the ball out of his hand. The real cancer is L. Rose, Perry, Thib and RJ. Rid the organization of those 4 and start the organization to heal. Bring in knowledgeable BB people.
    J. West and Magic is pissed with the Lakers. Not mention my favorites Phil and Gaines. Bring those people in at any cost.

Everybody in this forum now see the problems with those that been running Knicks. They were singing their praises and talking about there drafting and FA signing. Well this is the end results of incompetent.
    A hit dog will bark!!

Veteran

Bullock has good size and is a good perimeter defender. I only brought him up because if you have a smaller PG, it makes sense to have a larger guard who brings plus defense in your rotation.

I don’t mind Fournier, but Brunson/Bullock would make more sense to me than a Brunson/Fournier backcourt. Oh well. What’s done is done.

12th man

Fred Vanvleet signed an 80M deal his last contract and he's a better player to me then Brunson. A greater than 100M contract is overly generous for him, I doubt Cuban matches that deal with Dinwiddie on board. He'll be a Knick if Rose offers him that deal but I would have preferred Dejounte.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Fred Vanvleet signed an 80M deal his last contract and he's a better player to me then Brunson. A greater than 100M contract is overly generous for him, I doubt Cuban matches that deal with Dinwiddie on board. He'll be a Knick if Rose offers him that deal but I would have preferred Dejounte.
    For what it’s worth, VanVleet is likely going to sign a 4 year 110 million extension this off-season. These guys aren’t even top 12 in yearly salary for starting PGs and that’s with a lot of starting PGs still on deals from prior market value.
    Last edited by htr10; Jun 30, 2022 at 13:00.