Knicks Summer League - Starts July 8th, 2022

With the draft and free agency behind us, it?s already almost time for Summer League basketball.

Our roster will include Quentin Grimes, Deuce McBride, Jericho Sims, and Trevor Keels, so even without making a 1st round pick in this year?s draft, we still have a bunch of guys who should be fun to watch later this week.

If he can make a year 2 jump, I can easily see Grimes starting a bunch of games for us this year. The other guys are probably all fighting for playing time at the back end of the rotation unless we unload some more experienced guys.

Looked over the roster on yesterday and wasn?t impress.
Grime is a goalhawk and shoot to much. He wants to be seen and when he get the ball he shooting.
Looking for a diamond in the ruff. A player with some electricity.
Blair, Brooks, Hunt and Edwards are the ones I?m keep an eye on this team.
Don?t get your hopes up for the bunch you named.

I?m just excited to watch some basketball. It?s funny how the NBA Finals feels like it just ended but obviously no Knicks basketball in a long time.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Grime is a goalhawk and shoot to much. He wants to be seen and when he get the ball he shooting.

Dark I understand why you see the class half fill or even empty.......But hey how about a little optimism........otherwise we will all just be miserable knicks fans

Dark I understand why you see the class half fill or even empty.......But hey how about a little optimism........otherwise we will all just be miserable knicks fans

Ski? if there was something good to cheer about I would and believe me I have looked.
No matter what you do it will always come back to you have Cancer. It always there!! Unlike the human body this is a organization and team. When someone finally decides to clean house and I mean clean house.

Sorry I?m not like you guys that will settle for anything and looking for the silver lining. I have to be true to myself as well as those around me.
Don?t you know it hurts everyday to know that the team I love is being run by incompetent and stupidity. Then to see a once very knowledgeable fanbase become clueless to what a #3 overall pick should do for the team. And that just one thing and there are many more.
Every time I think it will get better it get worse. From one stupid joke to the next.
See the last time I had some hope/optimism was when Phil/Gaines was running things. People that won championships. Like EM or not? they won championships. Where are the people that won championships since Phil. THERE ARE NONE!!

So where is the Hope, SKI?? Those that run things have put us on islands with a gun and one bullet. No ships passing? no fire to burn? no plane flying over? stranded?Nothing!!
Where is the Hope, Ski?? Where??

Kiyaman

Legend

Take it down a notch .. Our draft picks are why Leon/Perry got a job !!!
My Knicks SL starter 5 lineup are WINNERS ....
6.2 PG-Miles McBride
6.4 Combo-guard Trevor Keels,
6.5 SG-Quentin Grimes,
6.8 PF-Feron Hunt
And 6.10 Center Jericho Sims for the Knicks SL starter lineup.
Their Team-Defense alone will give them a 4-0 record !!!

https://twitter.com/BrettSiegelNBA/status/1542538946189606913/photo/1

Kiyaman

Legend
Scotty Pippin Jr. has been a beast in college .. Now he's showing his dynamic play-maker skills in the Lakers summer league games 15 pts & 8 ast ..
Like Father like Son !!!
He has the complete offensive package, plus are good defensively by staying in front of opponents, and has quick hands to play passing lanes. The Lakers got a JEWEL in Scotty Pippin Jr. !!!
Having creative playmaker skills that's Impressive, Knows how to pass with both hands, has great vision, great handle, great decision-maker in split second. And Knows when to shoot ..
Like Father like Son

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ski? if there was something good to cheer about I would and believe me I have looked.
No matter what you do it will always come back to you have Cancer. It always there!! Unlike the human body this is a organization and team. When someone finally decides to clean house and I mean clean house.

Sorry I?m not like you guys that will settle for anything and looking for the silver lining. I have to be true to myself as well as those around me.
Don?t you know it hurts everyday to know that the team I love is being run by incompetent and stupidity. Then to see a once very knowledgeable fanbase become clueless to what a #3 overall pick should do for the team. And that just one thing and there are many more.
Every time I think it will get better it get worse. From one stupid joke to the next.
See the last time I had some hope/optimism was when Phil/Gaines was running things. People that won championships. Like EM or not? they won championships. Where are the people that won championships since Phil. THERE ARE NONE!!

So where is the Hope, SKI?? Those that run things have put us on islands with a gun and one bullet. No ships passing? no fire to burn? no plane flying over? stranded?Nothing!!

I live my life in all the ways you mentioned. I have also learned to surrender. So until the FO changes all I can do is have hope. Two choices. Be optimistic or just be miserable. I choose on the off-season to have hope. During the season is where I embrace my misery.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Hope ???
The hope is in our day to day lives of "Good, Bad, Ugly, and Hope, we have to deal with in our daily action in life.
I became a dedicated Knicks fan under head coach Holzman, and since then (1970's) I watched (and accepted) the Knicks Good seasons, Bad seasons, Ugly seasons, and hopeful seasons, the Knicks haven't let me down the past 5 decades LOL
Having Brunson at the point, and a healthy D.Rose may be a positive next season ???

Dark .. I will let u know this ... The Dolan family Knicks organization will let u down when u have lots of friends that are 76ers or Celtics fans that likes to bet !!!

Last edited:
I live my life in all the ways you mentioned. I have also learned to surrender. So until the FO changes all I can do is have hope. Two choices. Be optimistic or just be miserable. I choose on the off-season to have hope. During the season is where I embrace my misery.
If you can be Happy? find a silver lining.,, see a rainbow. By all means, do so. As I said to you ?I?m not like you?. In a lot of ways I wish I could be like you because you are correct about me seeing misery. I can?t leave because of all of the fond memories that was given to me. I owe loyalty to the Knicks but feel like after all these years I have pay it back.
Knowing BB(not to mention real BB) as I do want let me deal with incompetent and stupidity. Not in my DNA.
So have fun my friend and be happy. Hope I don?t upset you in the coming years(it plural).

The Hope ???
The hope is in our day to day lives of "Good, Bad, Ugly, and Hope, we have to deal with in our daily action in life.
I became a dedicated Knicks fan under head coach Holzman, and since then (1970's) I watched (and accepted) the Knicks Good seasons, Bad seasons, Ugly seasons, and hopeful seasons, the Knicks haven't let me down the past 5 decades LOL
Having Brunson at the point, and a healthy D.Rose may be a positive next season ???

Dark .. I will let u know this ... The Dolan family Knicks organization will let u down when u have lots of friends that are 76ers or Celtics fans that likes to bet !!!
Thanks for the advice will try remember those things.

I don?t see people that know what they are doing.
I don?t see people that know BB.
I don?t see a vision or an idea about ?Why you play the season?.
When get rid of all of your well rounded players and not replace them.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
If you can be Happy? find a silver lining.,, see a rainbow. By all means, do so. As I said to you ?I?m not like you?. In a lot of ways I wish I could be like you because you are correct about me seeing misery. I can?t leave because of all of the fond memories that was given to me. I owe loyalty to the Knicks but feel like after all these years I have pay it back.
Knowing BB(not to mention real BB) as I do want let me deal with incompetent and stupidity. Not in my DNA.
So have fun my friend and be happy. Hope I don?t upset you in the coming years(it plural).

silver linings not rainbows. As you know I gave up my season tickets 4/5 years ago which I had since 1989. It was a much easier decision then I thought because hope is one thing but the reality of spending my money to be miserable is another.
your comments never upset me. Truth us the knicks give us very little positive to think of.

I am looking forward to your next year thread that RJ proved you wrong.

mafra

Legend
RJ could win 6 titles and make HOF and these lunatics would still be blasting the man.

Big deal?. We took RJ over DeAndre Hunter and D-Bane ?. Life goes on.

silver linings not rainbows. As you know I gave up my season tickets 4/5 years ago which I had since 1989. It was a much easier decision then I thought because hope is one thing but the reality of spending my money to be miserable is another.
your comments never upset me. Truth us the knicks give us very little positive to think of.

I am looking forward to your next year thread that RJ proved you wrong.
?I am looking forward to your next year thread that RJ proved you wrong?.
LOL
If it was that simple but unfortunately it not. Too many problems with RJ from minute 1. Those things can?t be corrected this year. I know you would love for RJ to have a super season and for me to eat crow.
Tell you what?. If we win a championship this year? I?ll will join the RJ bandwagon. Fair enough??
A great year for Knicks with RJ is that he is sitting next to the water boy the entire season. LOL

mafra

Legend
RJ has a loooooong way to go to become a viable franchise cornerstone. No doubt. He needs to be way more efficient, he needs to improve his shooting and decision-making, and his counting stats on defense needs to improve.

But the bonehead errors of drafting Knitiklina and Knox destroyed this franchise for 5 years.

Even if RJ never becomes anything more than a slightly above average NBA baller?. The pick is still swallowable?.

The execs who took Frank and Knox should never be allowed to pick talent ever again. Those were death blows to the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Detroit Pistons Jaden Ivey & Bad Boy Jalen Duren showed up for a tough 81-78 win over the Blazers in the SL games .. Ivey had 20 pts, 6 rbs, 6 ast.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
?I am looking forward to your next year thread that RJ proved you wrong?.
LOL
If it was that simple but unfortunately it not. Too many problems with RJ from minute 1. Those things can?t be corrected this year. I know you would love for RJ to have a super season and for me to eat crow.
Tell you what?. If we win a championship this year? I?ll will join the RJ bandwagon. Fair enough??
A great year for Knicks with RJ is that he is sitting next to the water boy the entire season. LOL

how about no championship but if RJ has a season that you feel a 3 pick should have.

how about no championship but if RJ has a season that you feel a 3 pick should have.
It?s about team, Ski?
Not about RJ production. That is the problem. F.O. feel if we start RJ and play him big minutes then everybody will be happy with him.
RJ can?t have a season that will erase any of the problems that sounds him. He isn?t capable of putting a team on his back and winning a championship. That is not in his DNA. So as I have said so many times the dye has been cast and the writing is on the wall.
We win a championship and RJ his next to the water boy.

mafra

Legend
As a SOPH, RJ was 3-4 best player on a 4th seed squad. That?s not helping the team?

He played all 72 games too

Facts betray the statements of these trolls.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
It?s about team, Ski?
Not about RJ production. That is the problem. F.O. feel if we start RJ and play him big minutes then everybody will be happy with him.
RJ can?t have a season that will erase any of the problems that sounds him. He isn?t capable of putting a team on his back and winning a championship. That is not in his DNA. So as I have said so many times the dye has been cast and the writing is on the wall.
We win a championship and RJ his next to the water boy.

Dark you will come to see the light this season.
every Knick that you like has been done wrong by the FO and coach. Yet because R J got so many minutes and started you don?t see that as the FO and coach doing wrong. Let?s blame the 21 year old. If you know basketball like you say you do and I have no doubt you do just wait and see. No the dye cast has not been set. Watch