Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,092
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quentin Grimes has a simple goal for his stay in Las Vegas.

    “Really come out here and dominate,” he said after the Knicks summer league team went through its first practice at Cox Pavilion. “I feel like I played well last year. Just coming in this year being a second-year guy, I know what to expect, I know how the games are. Just go out there and try to dominate every time offensively and defensively.”

    Then he shoots 1-9 from downtown and his man scores 20 in first half.

  2. #32
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,092
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Obi, Randle, IQ,& Cam at the game tonight. Like to see that. Chemistry.

  3. #33
    Knows the team
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,179
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    End of the 3rd qtr. .. Knicks 77 - GS 67

    Last year SL games Moody was a BUST! Being around Curry, Klay, and Poole for a season Moody scored 34 pts in 3 qtrs in tonight SL game.
    Grimes is performing like he did when hw came back from injury 4-15 FG shooting for 13 pts, but have 6 Dimes.

  4. #34
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Only if Hunt had Obi Toppin's speed and Hops
    Hey, outside of Hunt…. I see nothing to get excited about with your winner.
    I would like to see some of the ones I talked about.

  5. #35
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,092
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Only Simms has a shot at playing time.

    McBride and Grimes prolly not on roster in 12 months….G-League fodder.

    More wasted draft picks from Knicks, who’ve made an art of missing on draft picks (other than IT — Wilson Chandler, N8, D-Lee.

    It’s really hard to have the draft record KNicks have had since 1994… a feat that’ll never be replicated in any sport.

  6. #36
    Knows the team
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,179
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Taj signs with WAS! Great news…. Love how they kept Beal…. If they make bubble…. Knicks get their pick… and this upcoming draft is a goooooid one.
    Ain't it funny, how the DUM Knicks FO waive Taj Gibson, and the next NBA team picks him up the same day, because they know how valuable Taj Gibson veteran leadership are to his fellow teammates.
    Miami Heats F/C Udonis Haslem strong leadership has been on the Heats roster from 2003 to 2022-23 season.

  7. #37
    Knows the team
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,179
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Did Thibs coach the Knicks first SL game ???
    Only .. 6 Knicks players received double digit minutes of playing time!

    The new rookie Keels played well in first pro game, good court IQ, good team-ball, and great defensive-hustle.

    Hunt showed lots of big improvement in his IQ as a SF wing, playing PF defending Kuminga. I'm glad Hunt was put in the Knicks SL starter lineup.

    Sims took advantage of the small-ball GS Warriors by having a double-double 16 pts, 10 reb, and 2 block-shots. Yes! Sim's will be in the upcoming season rotation..

    McBride did well on both sides of the court, distributing the ball well for 1 turnover, and 7 Dimes in 31 minutes. Plus securing the Knicks lead in the 4th qtr. for a win.

    Grimes was off & on as the Knicks first option on offense, however Grimes 4th quarter performance were pure win-win hustle .. Grimes shot 8-21 for 24 pts, 4 rbs, 8 Dimes, 2 steals, and 1 turn over in 32 minutes.

    Jefferies .. 12 pts, 3 rbs, 3 Dimes, 1 steal, 1 block, and dynamic hustle in 20 minutes .. Are a player I would like to see on court in all the Knicks SL games.

    Montero's play-making ball movement style are something to like and watch.

  8. #38
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,092
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Moody nearly scored 40? Didn’t play in 4th… Hunt or Simms or Grimes defend him? Can’t say they played well when they allowed Moody to dominate.

    Grimes and McBride can defend a little but otherwise are just bodies on the floor. They aren’t athletic enough and can’t shoot… they aren’t rotation players, Unless you want to tank.

    Impossible to care about what third stringers and G-League types are doing.

    Fire Leon Rose! Awful draft record!!!

    Obi, IQ, Grimes, McBride, Simms, Keels (and forfeiting lottery selection this year) is abysmal.

    Just wait until 2025 when none of these guys are here and we starting over again.

  9. #39
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Did Thibs coach the Knicks first SL game ???
    Only .. 6 Knicks players received double digit minutes of playing time!

    The new rookie Keels played well in first pro game, good court IQ, good team-ball, and great defensive-hustle.

    Hunt showed lots of big improvement in his IQ as a SF wing, playing PF defending Kuminga. I'm glad Hunt was put in the Knicks SL starter lineup.

    Sims took advantage of the small-ball GS Warriors by having a double-double 16 pts, 10 reb, and 2 block-shots. Yes! Sim's will be in the upcoming season rotation..

    McBride did well on both sides of the court, distributing the ball well for 1 turnover, and 7 Dimes in 31 minutes. Plus securing the Knicks lead in the 4th qtr. for a win.

    Grimes was off & on as the Knicks first option on offense, however Grimes 4th quarter performance were pure win-win hustle .. Grimes shot 8-21 for 24 pts, 4 rbs, 8 Dimes, 2 steals, and 1 turn over in 32 minutes.

    Jefferies .. 12 pts, 3 rbs, 3 Dimes, 1 steal, 1 block, and dynamic hustle in 20 minutes .. Are a player I would like to see on court in all the Knicks SL games.

    Montero's play-making ball movement style are something to like and watch.
    This is Summer League and like preseason games before the regular season they should be full of competition. For only six players to receive double digit minutes is a shame. These are the fundamental problems of the Knicks organization. Why do you have all of those players just sitting on the bench. Play Them!!

    I told you Grimes is a goalhawk and his play last night mirror the play of RJ and Randle. It's not an ounce of different in either.
    I was more impress with McBride last night more than before.
    Sims play wasn't great against small-ball and he never took a jumper. This is very troublesome for me when accessing either him or MRob.
    Wasn't impress with Keel play either.
    Jefferies looked good and steady on both sides of the ball.
    Hunt to me was the star last night for the SL Knicks. He looked very good with his hustle all over the court. He plays the SF so will there be competition at that position come preseason.

    Out of all the players in the game the one that I really wanted the see was Wiseman. Wiseman and
    Kuminga will keep the Warriors in top tier in the Western conference. I want the Knicks to trade up for Wiseman or Edwards that draft year. Just think if they had gotten Wiseman and trade up for Ivey this year. Wishful thinking, huh!!

  10. #40
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skisloper1 View Post
    Dark you will come to see the light this season.
    every Knick that you like has been done wrong by the FO and coach. Yet because R J got so many minutes and started you don’t see that as the FO and coach doing wrong. Let’s blame the 21 year old. If you know basketball like you say you do and I have no doubt you do just wait and see. No the dye cast has not been set. Watch
    Ski, I don't think I have ever not blame the F.O. from the beginning. Drafting RJ was a total mistake on Mills/Perry part. They are a 100% the blame. With that being said, it doesn't lessen the 'Mistake' which is RJ. So I'm suppose to forgive RJ and hammer Mills/Perry. That ain't happening. The Mistake is all three not just two.

    WAIT?? For What Ski? If you know BB and I believe you do. Quit trying to get a good outcome from it. There are to many things wrong with it. Too many players were treated wrong because Mills/Perry trying to prove they know BB. I can't and I want be a party to anything that says 'Wait for another year for RJ' or 'No, the dye isn't cast for RJ'. Wish as you may but it shouldn't take you 3 years to see this was a mistake. Just admit it and be vocal about it. F.O. told you that drafting RJ was a good move. If you think that then maybe I miss judge you, SKI because you know better.

  11. #41
    12th man mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,092
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Yeah, I don’t get the Simms/Hunt love from last night. They made Moody look like the Mailman….

    Grimes talking smack and then laid an egg in the first half.

    McBride buried behind Brunson, Rose, & IQ. Who really cares about him?

    Rose andKnicks get no benefit of doubt. Dolan and Leon treat us like crap, they don’t need to cater to their fans…

    Leon Rose gets applauded bc he drafts NBA bodies. Big deal. Every team drafts a guy who can play some minutes….

    His free agency last year was a total bomb… worst in recent memory….

    Randle, D-Rose, RJ and Thibbs took big steps backwards last season. It’s kind of hard to care or root for them anymore. I’m trying…. But I also realize this roster can’t compete and won’t be competitive for 2-3 years and I have no faith in management. So….

  12. #42
    Knows the team
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,179
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    • July 10 — CHI (5pm ET)
    • July 11 — POR (11pm ET)
    • July 14 — ORL (7:30pm ET)

    I'm looking forward to watching Sims Big-Man performance vs opponents ..
    Bulls Center Marko Simonovic
    And Magic Center Paolo Banchero

    I wanted to see the Blazers SG Sharpe go up against Keels and Grimes, but the news of Dame $61M per extension injured Sharpe for the remainder of the SL games .. that's half of the team cap lol

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    Ski, I don't think I have ever not blame the F.O. from the beginning. Drafting RJ was a total mistake on Mills/Perry part. They are a 100% the blame. With that being said, it doesn't lessen the 'Mistake' which is RJ. So I'm suppose to forgive RJ and hammer Mills/Perry. That ain't happening. The Mistake is all three not just two.

    WAIT?? For What Ski? If you know BB and I believe you do. Quit trying to get a good outcome from it. There are to many things wrong with it. Too many players were treated wrong because Mills/Perry trying to prove they know BB. I can't and I want be a party to anything that says 'Wait for another year for RJ' or 'No, the dye isn't cast for RJ'. Wish as you may but it shouldn't take you 3 years to see this was a mistake. Just admit it and be vocal about it. F.O. told you that drafting RJ was a good move. If you think that then maybe I miss judge you, SKI because you know better.

    I am optimistic with a true pg that coach will run a correct offensive scheme that will allow RJ and others to play real bb

  14. #44
    Superstar Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    901
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skisloper1 View Post
    I am optimistic with a true pg that coach will run a correct offensive scheme that will allow RJ and others to play real bb
    It’s good you have optimism. Just don’t let that optimism cloud your judgement.
    “To thine on self be true”!!
    In your life you have probably never put a value or thought what one of the top1-3(4)draft pick should produce. We are in a very bad state right now as a team. A Transformative player… A player that ‘Moves the Needle’ of the team. Where do they come from?? Walk up to the Knicks front door and knot on it? Out walking down the street and you can just pick one?
    Missed opportunities and a team has to pay for them. THAT RIGHT!!
    If what you say about the offense scheme comes true. Then RJ will be non-existent in the offense. Hunt will be at the SF if he continue what I have seen.
    Will Perry/Rose let that happen?? Thib’s follow orders and don’t coach because if he did he would have bench RJ.

  15. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9,432
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I enjoyed watching that first Summer League game. Not drawing any real conclusions from it because there is a distinct chance not a single guy on that roster is getting regular minutes when the season starts later this year.

    It would not be shocking at all, assuming everyone is healthy, for our rotations to be:

    1st unit: MRob, Randle, RJ, Fournier, Brunson
    2nd unit: Hartenstein, Toppin, Reddish, Quickley, DRose

    From what I can see, Sims and McBride likely need injuries to play. Keels probably has no chance to play this season.

    I like Grimes. He’s only the guy who I can see just outright breaking into the rotation, but if he does, he’s there to play defense and shoot open 3s, not be so ball dominant like he looks in Summer League.

    Long story short, our SL squad doesn’t really mean much when it counts probably.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 102
    Last Post: Jul 08, 2022, 21:10
  2. 2021 Knicks Summer League
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2021, 18:37
  3. The July 8th Transactions
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2009, 09:32
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2008, 15:20
  5. Summer League - Knicks vs. Bulls
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2005, 20:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •