Utah / NYK enter D-Mitch trade talks

mafra

Legend
It might infer that a deal is imminent, as in occurring before camp begins in 2-3 months. Might just be a matter of how many first rounders end up in Utah.

Nets prefer KD?

Who else is really in the mix?

Rose smart not to bid against himself.

What do you think?

mafra

Legend
I?ve read that significant progress has been made the last 24 hours but also caution that noting is imminent. Warning we could hear a lot of these sort of reports in coming days and weeks.

I think it boils down to:

1) How many picks Rose comfortable parting with.

2) How few young players (assets) Ainge willing to accept.

Utah adamant they want 3 young players (IQ, Obi, Grimes) plus draft picks?

NYK adamant it won?t surrender 2 or 3 or any young assets?

Will Utah take Evan?s contract?

Progress made is probably that Utah will take Evan and Rose will go to 5 picks?.

Ainge wants more picks and Rose wants to keep young assets. This will take time to hammer out, unless Utah is eager to make deal happen.

Ainge MO is to wait things out, so with no pending deadline to push this along? it might take time.

Or, Ainge sees writing on wall and knows only way he?s getting even 4 picks is with NY

Stay tuned

mafra

Legend
Sounds like if (and when) Mitchell trade happens, the next move is dumping Randle on LAK.

Carmelo waiting to see if NYK land DM? and if they do? word is he?s coming (probably to back up Obi at PF).

Kiyaman

Legend
Well .. the NBA FA market looks to be over a week before August, what team scored big or small in the FA market? And the Washington Wizards signed Taj Gibson the ex-Knicks front-court leader.

Offseason Trades ....
Let's see, the long wait and hold-out on several star players trades may start back-up at the end of the offseason, or the start of the 2022-23 NBA season.
The Keven Durant trade slowed down ..
The Westbrook trade really slowed down ..
The Kyrie Irving buy-out still haven't happen ..
And Ainge are sitting back now, after setting the tone of the package he's looking for in a trade for D.Mitchell in talks with the Knicks media.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Well .. the NBA FA market looks to be over a week before August, what team scored big or small in the FA market? And the Washington Wizards signed Taj Gibson the ex-Knicks front-court leader.

Offseason Trades ....
Let's see, the long wait and hold-out on several star players trades may start back-up at the end of the offseason, or the start of the 2022-23 NBA season.
The Keven Durant trade slowed down ..
The Westbrook trade really slowed down ..
The Kyrie Irving buy-out still haven't happen ..
And Ainge are sitting back now, after setting the tone of the package he's looking for in a trade for D.Mitchell in talks with the Knicks media.

The only thing I will give Rose credit for is that if Dolan was deciding we would have all ready sent a huge package for Mitchell......not this still can be the case so credit might be taken away.
I want Mitchell but want to keep Grimes.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, my line in sand is Evan, Cam, McBride and 5 first rounders (1 to take Fournier and 4 for DM).

2023 & 2025 NYK picks plus 3 that we accumulated.

Take it or I play kids and tank for this draft class.

Good luck Ainge and Utah winning 30 games and missing out on these 5 studs coming out.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, my line in sand is Evan, Cam, McBride and 5 first rounders (1 to take Fournier and 4 for DM).

2023 & 2025 NYK picks plus 3 that we accumulated.

Take it or I play kids and tank for this draft class.

Good luck Ainge and Utah winning 30 games and missing out on these 5 studs coming out.

Truth B said .... I'm still having problems figuring out how our new PG Brunson are gonna keep the ball out of Randle hands, when Randle will need the ball in his hands on every offensive possession to try to be the Knicks soul star of the team.
And Brunson and Fournier, how will Brunson get the ball to the Knicks perimeter spot shooter Fournier wide open when all the asking (begging) and .. Randle & Barrett will never put up screens or pick-off Fournier's defender to help Fournier average a quick 20 pts a game next season.

Plus as soon as Brunson complain bout RJ Barrett's non-movement on offense, plus shooting the ball every time he touch it .... Will $110M Brunson be taken out the rotation LOL

I don't believe D.Mitchell and Randle could fit in the same lineup together. Why?
Randle has built a bad habit of grabbing a defensive rebound then dribble (walk) the ball down court, never/ever pushing the ball to speed up the tempo of the game, plus Randle's passing-skills are very poor to be a rebounding PF, that's why Knicks ex-coach Fizdale told Randle to start dribbling the ball down court like Draymond Green.
The only difference are Draymond Green has excellent passing skills, and always look to pass the ball once he cross the midcourt line.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks starter lineup ....
2019- Payton, Barrett, Morris, Randle, Portis .. 21 win season, got Blow-out every other game.
2020- Payton, Barrett, Bullock, Randle, Noel .. 41 win season, Covid empty stadium season.
2021- Kemba/Burks, Barrett, Fournier, Randle, MitchRob .. 37 win season ...
2022- Brunson, Barrett, Fournier, Randle, MitchRob .. ??? win season?

For some unknown reason (starter lineup), I believe the Knicks 2022-23 season will be a bunch of let downs for Knicks fans.
Maybe, I would've felt better in the offseason about the Knicks becoming winning team by signing FA Brunson & MitchRob, and Ainge trading the Knicks Gobert & D.Mitchell for Randle, Barrett, Fournier, and the 6 draft picks.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Knicks starter lineup ....
2019- Payton, Barrett, Morris, Randle, Portis .. 21 win season, got Blow-out every other game.
2020- Payton, Barrett, Bullock, Randle, Noel .. 41 win season, Covid empty stadium season.
2021- Kemba/Burks, Barrett, Fournier, Randle, MitchRob .. 37 win season ...
2022- Brunson, Barrett, Fournier, Randle, MitchRob .. ??? win season?

For some unknown reason (starter lineup), I believe the Knicks 2022-23 season will be a bunch of let downs for Knicks fans.
Maybe, I would've felt better in the offseason about the Knicks becoming winning team by signing FA Brunson & MitchRob, and Ainge trading the Knicks Gobert & D.Mitchell for Randle, Barrett, Fournier, and the 6 draft picks.

I'm not one for high hopes, but how much better will the offense be with a real point guard running it opposed to Julius Randall? 4 more games gets us in the play in. I don't think D-Mitch would produce much of a better result than that considering that our depth would be gone.

Questions - If you saw Ivey play in NCAA tournament or in SL?couldn?t(he will) be as good or better than D. Mitchell?

What fool or fools would trade 6 or 7 first round picks for a player NOT named ?Chamberlain or Jabbar?

The trade being discuss is one where the Knicks should be getting rid of MISTAKES!!! Ainge is getting rid of players who can only take the so far(not to a championship).

Hey Ski, this is why I?m not optimistic about the Knicks this season or the future. Outside of Kiya(his post right above) has anyone said get rid of the MISTAKES. Now there have one or two that question how much better the Knicks will be with Brunson and DMit. I totally agree with them. How can you have an real subjective discussion if you don?t know the real problems??

Kiyaman

Legend
The trade being discuss is one where the Knicks should be getting rid of MISTAKES!!! Ainge is getting rid of players who can only take the so far(not to a championship).

There's a new ownership group that wants to put it's own mark on the franchise.
Ainge laid out in his press conference after the trade where he said in the middle isn't where you want to be. Part of that goes with the top ten protections on Jazz picks in 2024,2025,2026- Jazz lose them if their not top ten. For that to make sense, Jazz would need to be a second round or Conference Finals team. There's enough of a track record that the Jazz didn't look like they would be getting any better than a first round/ border 2nd team.

So they Fired their 50 win season head coach, plus trade the top defensive center in the NBA.
Plus Ainge wants five to seven draft picks, and NBA ready young players on their rookie contract for D.Mitchell.
The Utah Jazz new owners wanted to make a big change in the Jazz organization, to rebuild their own team. They don't care bout Gobert being a big fan favorite in Utah, neither D.Mitchell.
Once D.Mitchell is traded, NBA fans could take the Utah Jazz out of the playoffs for the next several seasons.
What team is dum enough to get Ainge what he wants? If you guess the mismanagement Knicks headed by a scout agent Leon Rose. Your absolutely right.

At the start of the Knicks 2022-23 NBA season, Knicks fans will learn that Leon Rose makes major mistakes each season, and don't have a clue on fixing his mistakes !!!

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Questions - If you saw Ivey play in NCAA tournament or in SL?couldn?t(he will) be as good or better than D. Mitchell?

What fool or fools would trade 6 or 7 first round picks for a player NOT named ?Chamberlain or Jabbar?

Hey Ski, this is why I?m not optimistic about the Knicks this season or the future. Outside of Kiya(his post right above) has anyone said get rid of the MISTAKES. Now there have one or two that question how much better the Knicks will be with Brunson and DMit. I totally agree with them. How can you have an real subjective discussion if you don?t know the real problems??

I guess we are always working off of weakness.
we have had a terrible draft record so one wonders how these picks will work for us.
I hear you on the optimism. It is tough as our one goal is to make a championship team and we are no where close.

Kiyaman

Legend
I guess we are always working off of weakness.
we have had a terrible draft record so one wonders how these picks will work for us.
I hear you on the optimism. It is tough as our one goal is to make a championship team and we are no where close.

That's true, I too became confuse over the Knicks urgency to stack-up above five future draft picks early in the offseason, after giving one away, plus a ending contract player last season before Feb. dead line. Plus ....
The Knicks last 3 presidents has all Graded a C- minus in their draft.
And the Knicks last 3 head-coaches Graded a C- minus on their rookie program.
If the Knicks are planning to use the draft picks to trade for an all-star player, good.
As long as the trade is all-star for all-star.

I do not want Quickley & Obi Toppin traded, especially after being mentored for two seasons by D.Rose & Taj Gibson team-leadership. The two young players has co-exist well together in a lineup the past two seasons.
I also, don't want either of the Knicks 2 young centers traded Sims & MitchRob.

And if the Knicks trade young 2-Way guards Grimes & McBride to Utah for D.Mitchell.
The Jazz having Patrick Beverley's tutorship in the guard rotation for a season .. which will improve Grimes & McBride raw creative skills by receiving plenty minutes of playing time throughout the season.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
That's true, I too became confuse over the Knicks urgency to stack-up above five future draft picks early in the offseason, after giving one away, plus a ending contract player last season before Feb. dead line. Plus ....
The Knicks last 3 presidents has all Graded a C- minus in their draft.
And the Knicks last 3 head-coaches Graded a C- minus on their rookie program.
If the Knicks are planning to use the draft picks to trade for an all-star player, good.
As long as the trade is all-star for all-star.

I do not want Quickley & Obi Toppin traded, especially after being mentored for two seasons by D.Rose & Taj Gibson team-leadership. The two young players has co-exist well together in a lineup the past two seasons.
I also, don't want either of the Knicks 2 young centers traded Sims & MitchRob.

And if the Knicks trade young 2-Way guards Grimes & McBride to Utah for D.Mitchell.
The Jazz having Patrick Beverley's tutorship in the guard rotation for a season .. which will improve Grimes & McBride raw creative skills by receiving plenty minutes of playing time throughout the season.

crazy to think this way but does getting rid of the picks deter the FO from just making dumb decisions. If we don?t use these to get DM then what will we use them for.

mafra

Legend
Don?t trade RJ or Grimes for DM!

This tweet is plaque-worthy:

?The RJ Barrett hate is weird? He just turned 22 & averaged 24 PPG in the final 42 games of this season? Can?t wait for year 4 RJ Barrett to set the league on fire #knicks?

If you care about facts (not other?s opinion) then compare PPG, RPG, APG for Giannis, Kawhi, Butler, and RJ for their 3rd season in NBA. Not saying that?s where RJ is headed? but he?s certainly more valuable than his critics claim.

Kiyaman

Legend
Don?t trade RJ or Grimes for DM!

This tweet is plaque-worthy:

?The RJ Barrett hate is weird? He just turned 22 & averaged 24 PPG in the final 42 games of this season? Can?t wait for year 4 RJ Barrett to set the league on fire #knicks?

If you care about facts (not other?s opinion) then compare PPG, RPG, APG for Giannis, Kawhi, Butler, and RJ for their 3rd season in NBA. Not saying that?s where RJ is headed? but he?s certainly more valuable than his critics claim.

Players Giannis, Kawhi, and Butler never looked LOST on the offensive end & defensive end of the court in their 2nd & 3rd season in the NBA.
RJ Barrett is fools Gold !!!
The Knicks perfect trade to Utah Jazz would be SG Barrett & SG Fournier & SG Grimes, plus a few future first rounders for SG Donovan Mitchell. Especially if the Utah Jazz has plans on Tanking the next few seasons.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Players Giannis, Kawhi, and Butler never looked LOST on the offensive end & defensive end of the court in their 2nd & 3rd season in the NBA.
The Knicks perfect trade to Utah Jazz would be SG Barrett & SG Fournier & SG Grimes, plus a few future first rounders for SG Donovan Mitchell. Especially if the Utah Jazz has plans on Tanking the next few seasons.

I hope your wrong on RJ because I?m a believer.
trade 6 first rounders and EF and call it a day

mafra

Legend

Butler had D-Rose. Leonard had Parker and Manu. Giannis is a freak (PG himself). RJ had washed up Kemba as his PG. Lots of people would look lost.

Also, RJ should?ve been with Cam and Zion and Banchero at Duke.

When RJ is 25? if he ain?t between a productive starter or an all star caliber talent? then come back and gloat.

Ragging on a 19 or 20 or 21 year-old, stuck in. Moribund franchise, playing without a PG?. As if he?s a finished product is ridiculous.

RJ is the least of our problems.

When this trade first came to light. The first player name came up for Mitchell was RJ. Then Ainge said he didn't want RJ. Ainge ain't dumb!! If RJ is a star or going to be a star then would you want star for star? Ainge wants draft picks not a bum.

He(Ainge) sees RJ can't win a starting position in competition. Nobody in the league except the Knicks thinks highly of RJ. Look at his awards RJ has received... NONE!! Left off very award but placing 8th on the ROY. If he is traded you will find RJ on the bench next to the water boy with any other team. The Knicks are the only team that has a vested interest in making RJ look good. All his supporter always blame everybody else for RJ failures. They never... Ever address his play... his existent on the team. How do you win two positions in your Rookie year? He has played 3 different positions in 3 years, WHY?? Again, everybody is at fault for this Mistake failures and never him. They bring up his age... Well didn't anybody tell RJ to come out of school, but his handler told him and they glad the helpless Knicks was the team to draft him.

Now we have to go thru another year with that BUM on the team. For all you that don't like it... There are a series of questions that I have asked and none... Repeat NONE of you have ever answer or tried to answer. Just tell me how he won 2 starting positions (PG & SG) his rookie year? (Beat out 4 or 5 vet's) & (Can't defend my died Grandmother) I'M WAITING!!

BTW, Never ever forget the Player Only Meeting... Who did the team say was a problem?? Correct!!

mafra

Legend
Early on in CHi, the vets didn?t like MJ? they held players-only meetings to blast Jordan? bc they were doing drugs and didn?t like MJ?s no-nonsense professionalism.

Opinions aren?t facts.

?According to SNY?s Ian Begley, the Jazz inquired about a package that included RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, a couple of players, and at least three first-round picks before it became official that Utah was willing to listen to offers for Donovan Mitchell.?

RJ at 25 gonna make fools out of a lot of people. Keep making outlandish statements we all can come back to for a laugh come 2026.

Last edited: