Utah / NYK enter D-Mitch trade talks

mafra

Legend
The Knicks' latest offer to the Jazz for Donovan Mitchell:

- Evan Fournier
- Obi Toppin
- Additional salary
- 2 unprotected first-round draft picks (5 total)

The Jazz declined.

(via @ShamsCharania)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wsup Chief, u been drinking! Or did u forget we drafted ROY Mark Jackson, Rod Strickland, and Greg Anthony after Pat Ewing.
RJ Barrett's weak performance the past 3 seasons couldn't hold a candle to any of those 3 guards dynamic performance.

The past two seasons Quickley has been the Knicks best SG on the court.
And within those two seasons Bullocks & Burks has been the Knicks best SF on the court.
What position does RJ Barret play again ???
No NBA team asked for Barrett in a trade since we drafted him.

And if Cam Reddish want to remain in the NBA, after his final rookie contract season, he will have to dominate the Knicks SF position next season.
PG Brunson & D.Rose
SG Fournier & Quickley
SF Barrett & Cam
PF Randle & Obi
C MitchRob & Hart
My money will be on the Knicks 2nd unit backup lineup for the WIN !!!

Wassup Kiya, yeah sipping RJ koool-aid! I mean RJ is he even 21 yet or just turned??? at some point you have to develop your homegrown drafted talent. RJ is going to take a major step forward this year. That?s my prediction and explanation!

jimkcchief88

All Star
The Knicks' latest offer to the Jazz for Donovan Mitchell:

- Evan Fournier
- Obi Toppin
- Additional salary
- 2 unprotected first-round draft picks (5 total)

The Jazz declined.

(via @ShamsCharania)
They go high we go low it?s a negotiation so that?s to be expected. Danny Ainge is known to be a shrewd negotiator so Rose is going to have to show patience and skill so we don?t overpay. Wait it out until the season starts or even into the season if we have to. Please hold on tight don?t fumble Rose like you did in the draft:(.

mafra

Legend
It?s not about the players in the package. It?s not about the amount of first-round picks.

According to sources, Jazz president Danny Ainge and Knicks president Leon Rose are at a Donovan Mitchell stalemate over really one thing ? the amount of ?unprotected? first-round picks in the package.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/donovan-mitchell-trade-rumors-the-hurdle-in-knicks-jazz-talks/amp/

Sounds like AINGE doesn?t care about players but wants 4 unprotected 1st rounders.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
It?s not about the players in the package. It?s not about the amount of first-round picks.

According to sources, Jazz president Danny Ainge and Knicks president Leon Rose are at a Donovan Mitchell stalemate over really one thing ? the amount of ?unprotected? first-round picks in the package.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/donovan-mitchell-trade-rumors-the-hurdle-in-knicks-jazz-talks/amp/

Sounds like AINGE doesn?t care about players but wants 4 unprotected 1st rounders.

Later for Ainge, and the Donovan Mitchell becoming a Knicks in the offseason.

The only reason Leon Rose isn't leaning on the edge of being fired, along with Thibs after his 3rd season as a Knicks G.M. ..
Are/were his signing of two decent head coaches Woodson & Thibs to run the show for a .600 team season.
Plus trading for veteran D.Rose leadership to guide the team, and the Knicks young-core players.
Plus he drafted .. Quickley, Obi, Sims, Grimes, and McBride. All has showed to be great future NBA prospects.
However ....
Leon Rose management skills are not in the same (High) Class as Ainge when it comes to trading super-star players.

I do not want to lose the Knicks best star player on the roster the past two seasons .. Mr. Derrick Rose

Nor do I want to lose the tandem of Quickley & Obi Toppin, who 3rd season together may become dynamic enough to get the two an early extension under D.Rose tutelage.

mafra

Legend
Rose missed 50 games last season?. It?s why they weren?t in the play-in. No way he was their best player?. He wasn?t available.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rose missed 50 games last season?. It?s why they weren?t in the play-in. No way he was their best player?. He wasn?t available.

Veteran D.Rose Dynamic Leadership has been the Knicks best winning player on the roster the past two seasons !!!
At the start of last season, in every one of the Knicks first 20 games of the season, the D.Rose Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup out-performed the Knicks starter 5 lineup on offense and defense.
And after 20 games the (11-9) Knicks head-coach Thibs put all the blame of the Knicks poor starter lineup on their PG Kemba Walker, by taking PG Kemba Walker out of the starter lineup, and out of the Knicks game rotation "RED FLAG":!!!
Then coach Thibs refuse to give the rookie PG McBride any playing time minutes in the Knicks rotation, after he took PG Kemba out the rotation .. 2nd RED-FLAG !!!
Head coach Thibs action toward Kemba & McBride, had star player D.Rose have several FLASHBACKS of why he had a injury-prone career under coach Thibs on the Chicago Bulls.
Thibs rotation decision-making after 20 games had help D.Rose decide quickly to have his angle-surgery sooner than plan.

mafra

Legend
Marc Stein reporting today that he believes LAK are involved in the NYK-Utah deal;

Lakers willing to surrender 2 first rounders if it makes them a contender?. Thinking they get a combo of either D-Rose, Evan F and Cam and BB? Utah gets RW and Grimes or IQ or Obi and 2 first rounders from LA and 4 from NYK (2 unprotected)

Knicks get Mitchell and Beasley.

Kiyaman

Legend
Marc Stein reporting today that he believes LAK are involved in the NYK-Utah deal;

Lakers willing to surrender 2 first rounders if it makes them a contender?. Thinking they get a combo of either D-Rose, Evan F and Cam and BB? Utah gets RW and Grimes or IQ or Obi and 2 first rounders from LA and 4 from NYK (2 unprotected)

Knicks get Mitchell and Beasley.

Nah! Ainge made me change my mind .. this Knicks fan don't want Donovan Mitchell.
Especially, if D.Mitchell are not gonna replace RJ Barrett, or Randle in the Knicks game rotation in the upcoming season.

Nah! Ainge made me change my mind .. this Knicks fan don't want Donovan Mitchell.
Especially, if D.Mitchell are not gonna replace RJ Barrett, or Randle in the Knicks game rotation in the upcoming season.

Question? Wouldn?t the Knicks become the New York Jazz with DMit??
Not a lot of differents in how Jazz looks with him and what the Knicks would look like, huh.
Remember, RJ must GO at all cost. Randle can stay if the offense is restructured.
More importantly is that we can?t win(championship) with DMit and Randle. So this is more window dressing than anything.

Until Dolan clean house of L.Rose, Perry, RJ, Randle, etc.
Where is the meaningful changes?? When you have a President/GM entertaining the idea(in the press) of six 1st round picks and players for a player that has never?repeat NEVER took his team to a championship. That says it a very large problem with that organization. For whatever the reason you don?t do that.
When L. Rose walk thru the doors at MSG and Perry wasn?t walking out the door is a very clear indication that he doesn?t know what he doing.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Question? Wouldn?t the Knicks become the New York Jazz with DMit??
Not a lot of differents in how Jazz looks with him and what the Knicks would look like, huh.
Remember, RJ must GO at all cost. Randle can stay if the offense is restructured.
More importantly is that we can?t win(championship) with DMit and Randle. So this is more window dressing than anything.

Until Dolan clean house of L.Rose, Perry, RJ, Randle, etc.
Where is the meaningful changes?? When you have a President/GM entertaining the idea(in the press) of six 1st round picks and players for a player that has never?repeat NEVER took his team to a championship. That says it a very large problem with that organization. For whatever the reason you don?t do that.
When L. Rose walk thru the doors at MSG and Perry wasn?t walking out the door is a very clear indication that he doesn?t know what he doing.

The previous offseason, we didn't need to sign FA Kemba & Fournier as much as we needed to resign FA Bullocks. Plus we traded two first round draft picks for two draft picks that will need 2 yrs of playing time to be valuable in their 3rd & 4th seasons.
In the 2022 offseason ..
Head coach Snyder had the Utah Jazz team playing .500 B.ball seasons before the Jazz drafted Donovan Mitchell. When Ainge fired coach Snyder ..
The Knicks FO should've hired coach Snyder asap .. The real prize!
The Knicks #11 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, plus the 2022 first round pick the Knicks FO donated to the Atlanta Hawks for a two year contract of a consistent injury-prone player Cam Reddish .. both picks could've been traded for the 3rd to 7th pick in the 2022 draft.

Will the Knicks FO trade their future star tandem in their 3rd season in the NBA?
Quickley's floater and Obi Toppin flying dunks does remind me of the young Utah Jazz Stocton & Malone show.

mafra

Legend
Supposedly Leon Rose have Ainge Monday deadline? either trade DM or he?s giving RJ extension?

WOJ bomb? RJ getting 120 mil extension.

This is the comment from an article in the NY Post. Look and understand what so many other are saying and know about RJ.

Utah never wanted to be the team to pay [Barrett] ? let New York overpay for a decent but not top-of-the-line player,? one coaching source said. ?But Mitchell can wind up in N.Y. as soon as they come to an agreement on how many [first-round] draft picks are included.?

There an old saying ?that a fool and his money are soon parted?!!!
Open your eyes to what this BUM is and always will be? but you can?t? can you? because the above old saying would apply to you. Can?t let people see/know how you been lying to yourself and those that listen to the BS about #3 overall pick.
On top of everything else GIVEN(starting positions, minutes, shoots, etc)to that BUM?now money.
I for one will not forget how Mills/Perry and L.Rose has taken the Knicks to the depths of despair to not admit a very large mistake.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is the comment from an article in the NY Post. Look and understand what so many other are saying and know about RJ.

Utah never wanted to be the team to pay [Barrett] ? let New York overpay for a decent but not top-of-the-line player,? one coaching source said. ?But Mitchell can wind up in N.Y. as soon as they come to an agreement on how many [first-round] draft picks are included.?

There an old saying ?that a fool and his money are soon parted?!!!
Open your eyes to what this BUM is and always will be? but you can?t? can you? because the above old saying would apply to you. Can?t let people see/know how you been lying to yourself and those that listen to the BS about #3 overall pick.
On top of everything else GIVEN(starting positions, minutes, shoots, etc)to that BUM?now money.
I for one will not forget how Mills/Perry and L.Rose has taken the Knicks to the depths of despair to not admit a very large mistake.

Wsup Dark .. We both agree on Barrett, but calling Barrett's individual raw performance a BUM ain't right. Barrett did have a decent midseason, and hopefully a good offseason to perform up to his future pay grade next season.

The talk on RJ Barrett's 4 yr $120M extension has been a quiet whisper around the NBA league GM's, coaches, players, and Knicks fans .. Good vs Bad !!!

Leon Rose took RJ Barrett out of the Donovan Mitchell negotiation .. That, does upset me.
Ainge is about to flip another NBA team .. named (Rosie) Knicks.
Leon Rose offseason antics has forced him to trade for Donovan Mitchell.

Imagine the Knicks upcoming season starter lineup ....
PG- Brunson $26.3 million
SG-Mitchell $32.6 million
SF-Barrett an estimated $27 million guaranteed for the first year.
PF-Randle is due $25 million
C-MitchRob $17 million

jimkcchief88

All Star
Welp shut the thread down looks like the Cavs beat us to the punch so the Fail-Jackson Frank instead of DM will loom larger in Knicks f-up history as big or bigger than Weiss:(. Sorry to ramble on but so disappointed we as Knicks fans should be used to this. We aren?t allowed to have nice things like a real PG. You guys have fun arguing about how terrible RJ Barrett is at 21 years old because he?s all we got. Play in tournament here we come if we are lucky:(!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wsup Dark .. We both agree on Barrett, but calling Barrett's individual raw performance a BUM ain't right. Barrett did have a decent midseason, and hopefully a good offseason to perform up to his future pay grade next season.

The talk on RJ Barrett's 4 yr $120M extension has been a quiet whisper around the NBA league GM's, coaches, players, and Knicks fans .. Good vs Bad !!!

Leon Rose took RJ Barrett out of the Donovan Mitchell negotiation .. That, does upset me.

C-MitchRob $17 million

RJ Barrett is 1 of 5 NBA players with 3000 points, 1000 boards, and 200 3?s before the age of 22. The other four: Kobe, Luka, KD, and Bron. Marinade on that RJ haters(Dumb Raider).

mafra

Legend
Amazing how close this thing got...

Per Woj's report,
Knicks and Jazz agreed to:
RJ, IQ, 2 unprotected firsts, (1 protected first attached to Fournier), 2 pick swaps, 2 second-rounders.

Breaking point was NY wanted Top-5 protections on third First. Utah wanted unprotected FRP

Broadway

All Star
Amazing how close this thing got...

Per Woj's report,
Knicks and Jazz agreed to:
RJ, IQ, 2 unprotected firsts, (1 protected first attached to Fournier), 2 pick swaps, 2 second-rounders.

Breaking point was NY wanted Top-5 protections on third First. Utah wanted unprotected FRP

According to Sham slightly different report but talks were certainly real. My take is Ainge was using us all along to drive Mitchell?s price up. Cavs interest in Sexton was mentioned WAY BACK IN JULY!!!

KO community probably already discussed this but no way was any team paying less than the price of Gobert for Mitchell and Knicks would?ve been completely out of their minds trying to make such a deal

With that being said I rarely if ever speak on pipe dream deals rumors for star players when it comes to this franchise. We?re still trying to starphuck our way to success. The key is to try and get players before they blow up or when their stock is low and there?s still upside such as DeJounte Murray or Demantis Sabonis?more importantly curate and develop our own talent into premier players FOR KEEPS!!!

The news doesn?t bother me much?still question how our front office is positioned against the rest of the league, I feel they?re still relatively Mid and Conservative overall

C-MitchRob $17 million

Wsup Kiya... "A BUM ain't right".... WELL.... The only I can say nice about RJ Barrett is that he is victim of campaign to make him 'A Star at all Cost'. At WHO's COST?? None of these 'COST' were given to Frank, Knox's, Dotson or Trier to name a few. None of those mention came with a HIGH price tag as RJ. A #3 overall First round pick was used to draft from what the above article say's.... And I'm quoting... "a decent but not top-of-the-line player".

One of the problems that I have with some in this forum is the value they place or put on a #3 overall pick. That pick IMO is Transformative Territory and Move the Needle player. That isn't happening!! That isn't going to happen!! in regard to RJ. So there are those IMO think that where he was drafted doesn't matter. Always wishing for Great Expectations (Next Year or when he turns 25) for him.

As someone said "I didn't draft RJ"!! I owe RJ... NOTHING... repeat NOTHING!! I don't like what Mills/Perry/L. Rose has done when it came to RJ. If RJ had ever EARNED something, then may I could look at it differently. Ski said it not RJ fault that he was given everything. And what was he suppose to do?? I agree... That the case 'Then justify the things GIVEN. That haven't been done.

As for the lineup you posted. Earlier in this thread or another. I could see at less 3 different camps coming from that lineup. Brunson must justify his contract and why he was signed. Mitchell must justify him being the savior and his contract. Randle has to try to regain his leadership roll and the #1 option roll. MRob has to justify his contract and will he ever develop a jumper, lol. Then there the #3 overall pick that needs to justify why in the hell he is on the team. He becomes the #4 option at best and then the in-fighting start.
Now do you see anything different???