Recent downtime

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry guys, i only noticed yesterday that the site was down. Apparently for some reason (still can't tell exactly what it was) the disk space where we are hosted reached 100% and that caused the impossibility of creating new temp files, cache files and other stuff that made the website load nice and smoothly. After trying in vain to clear up some space, I contacted the hosting company and worked with the guys from support to identify a bunch of log files that made up to 5gb of disk space. We had them deleted so now we should be back without any worries that such events will happen again in the near future.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sorry guys, i only noticed yesterday that the site was down. Apparently for some reason (still can't tell exactly what it was) the disk space where we are hosted reached 100% and that caused the impossibility of creating new temp files, cache files and other stuff that made the website load nice and smoothly. After trying in vain to clear up some space, I contacted the hosting company and worked with the guys from support to identify a bunch of log files that made up to 5gb of disk space. We had them deleted so now we should be back without any worries that such events will happen again in the near future.

Aight !!!
Rady .. u had me worried there for a couple of days ..
Ainge calling all the shots on the D.Mitchell offseason trade which has been shaky all week. Or is Ainge using the Knicks as a stunt right now to gather up enough teams to trade D.Mitchell around preseason games ???

Hey Rady,
In a case like what just happened to the website. Is there a way to contact you if we see the site is down??
Email or something like that??
Of course if you can share it.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, you can hit me up by email (rady at staychill.net), dm-me on twitter (@radystaychill) or on skype (my handle is listed on my profile in the about section). That would be much appreciated.
In other news it seems that the problems are not over and we just can't figure out what is causing a rapidly increase of disk space. Basically it's increasing by 1G each day. I'm trying to have this thing sorted out with the support guys from the hosting company but it feels like i'm hitting a brick wall. Just to let you know, we might expect another downtime in two - three days from now but i hope that by then we'll work this **** out.

This could be the most optimistic and positive post by Dark ever........
Dark you know im just having fun
LOL,
Ski, I know you were joking. It good to have something to laugh about when it comes to the Knicks.
As said before I have truly looked for something to cheer for in regards to the Knicks. You would think it?s a less one player that I like or pull for but it isn?t. Maybe if they sign KD(to OLD) I might cheer a little.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, just a little update on this, we have finally identified the root cause of the problem and i believe it's been fixed. I've monitored the server this past couple of days and the situation seems to be under control so i am not expecting any disk outage in the near future. We got this! :D

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Situation in my country is still stable in terms of national security although i think economically speaking every country has been affected due to the gas and oil crisis; I believe it's going to be an interesting winter, if things don't escalate by then from bad to worse, especially for countries relaying on gas from Russia. Putin's got some tools in the EU who are pushing his agenda (see the prime minister in Hungary) so overall things are still volatile and it's difficult to predict what could happen in the near future.

mafra

Legend
Situation in my country is still stable in terms of national security although i think economically speaking every country has been affected due to the gas and oil crisis; I believe it's going to be an interesting winter, if things don't escalate by then from bad to worse, especially for countries relaying on gas from Russia. Putin's got some tools in the EU who are pushing his agenda (see the prime minister in Hungary) so overall things are still volatile and it's difficult to predict what could happen in the near future.

Thanks for the update. With Ukraine a bread basket and that grain tycoon getting whacked?. Wonder if food shortages to follow soon enough.