Optimism or 30 win season

Kiyaman

Legend
Welcome Jalen Brunson as the Knicks new starting PG.
Fournier's perimeter-shooting
RJ Barrett
Randle
MitchRob's double-double 2 blocks performance

My optimism of Knicks making the playoffs will lie on Knicks
Star player D.Rose Leadership on the bench players, and D.Rose creative scoring alongside Quickley & Obi Toppin.
Cam Reddish will be performing for a new contract ....
Hartenstein is new, his performance reminds me of player Phil Jackson
Grimes 2-Way talent will work his way in the rotation
Deuce McBride (Ward) sleeper on the roster

I Don't want the 2021-22 coach Thibs decision making showing up for the Knicks 2022-23 season !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Training camp is just around the corner ....

Ian Bagley released an article talking about possible starters. It seems like the possible starting roster he wrote about is more of his opinion and not an actual idea proposed by the front office or Thibs. Or is it?
Reports came out that Cam was working out with the knicks most of the summer and is in great shape. Its also said that just like in previous training camps Thibs will look at the players with a clean slate. Bagley mentioned a possible SG starter will be Grimes, which has been previously floated. But what caught my attention was the possibility if Cam starting at the SF and RJ at the SG. Is this actually a possibility? I really like it but it seems like it will create more roster problems for the second unit, who will take Cam's place and ride the bench? Fournier, he has a huge contract. IQ? Reports came out he is expected to have a bigger role this year. Grimes? I doubt it, he was an untouchable player in the Mitchell trade talks.

mafra

Legend
Thibodeau said that Evan Fournier is the front-runner for the starting shooting guard spot for the Knicks.
After refusing to include Quentin Grimes in any trade for Donovan Mitchell, Thibs still believes that Fournier is the best option to start at shooting guard. He referenced Fournier's shooting ability being crucial while alongside Jalen Brunson, RJ Barrett, and Julius Randle. We'll see if Grimes or Cam Reddish are able to change Thibs' mind over the next few weeks, but it seems like Fournier will stay with the starting group.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't know where fans on twitter & face-book get the idea that Grimes raw rookie talent are a better fit at SG in the starter lineup than Fournier.
As much as I like rookie Grimes 2-Way performance, he's not a NBA starter over players like Fournier or Quickley at the SG position. I will admit rookie Grimes raw performance has showed to be much better than RJ Barrett's performance at the SG position.

The Knicks biggest weakness on the court last season were at the SF spot (Barrett/Cam/Knox).
Not resigning Reggie Bullocks dynamic multi-positional performance (2021 offseason) as the Knicks starting SF were a season bummer at the SF spot. Just so the Knicks FO (Leon Rose) could grab some media points at signing a FA scorer SG-Fournier.
This offseason the Knicks wasted 2 months of valuable time going after another SG scorer name Donovan Mitchell, which never happen.

I was hoping in the 2022 offseason the Knicks FO would sign FA Brunson, and make a trade for one of the Toronto Raptors 6.8 players to put at the Knicks SF spot to add help defense in the backcourt & frontcourt vs differ opponents. Knox & Barrett couldn't do the above for the Knicks, and Cam couldn't do it for the Hawks .... I guess Knicks fans want Grimes Defense in the starter lineup because Brunson, Barrett, and Randle's weak defensive effort will lead to consistent losses !!!

Knox is gone. And to his defense he was never give a chance to Earn (a) more playing time (b) a starting position.
NOTE: I said EARN!!
By truly having an open preseason practice where players have to EARN their positions would have been horrible for the F.O. At the expense of TEAM and FANS they orchestrated what they wanted the team to look like. Fix was horrible muppet of a coach. Miller wasn?t give a real chance(to date is the only coach to do some real coaching). Thib?s is a shell of his old self.
F.O. to me showed a HATE for Knox, Frank, Dotson, Trier and Kornet. BB is a competitive sport not a popularity contest. I will never cheer or pull for the success of this F.O. They drew a line in the sand for me. I will never cross it.

mafra

Legend
Knox play defense? Bwaaaaah!!!!

Quentin Grimes is dealing with a sore left foot and is being listed as day-to-day.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knox is gone. And to his defense he was never give a chance to Earn (a) more playing time (b) a starting position.
NOTE: I said EARN!!
By truly having an open preseason practice where players have to EARN their positions would have been horrible for the F.O. At the expense of TEAM and FANS they orchestrated what they wanted the team to look like. Fix was horrible muppet of a coach. Miller wasn?t give a real chance(to date is the only coach to do some real coaching). Thib?s is a shell of his old self.
F.O. to me showed a HATE for Knox, Frank, Dotson, Trier and Kornet. BB is a competitive sport not a popularity contest. I will never cheer or pull for the success of this F.O. They drew a line in the sand for me. I will never cross it.

Well, I have to agree with u on the Knicks FO headed by Scout Leon Rose ..
Especially if any of the (11 to 20) forwards in the NBA 2022 draft class become rookie stand-outs.
And the Knicks 2022-23 Depth chart are practically the same as the previous season ....
PG- Brunson, Rose, McBride. Arcidiacono
SG- Fournier, Quickley, Grimes, Keels, (???)
SF- Barrett, Cam
PF- Randle, Toppin
C- MitchRob, Hart, Sims
After looking at the Knicks depth-chart ..
Did the Knicks really need a 6.1 SG Donovan Mitchell?
Or should the Knicks have added another Forward to the roster in case of injuries ???
I understand now why Head coach vs Knicks FO weren't on the same-page last season.

mafra
Knox play defense? Bwaaaaah!!!!
Quentin Grimes is dealing with a sore left foot and is being listed as day-to-day.

Yes, Knox movement, defense, and poor chemistry gained nada Knicks fans in the minutes given.
Grimes day to day .. means in the Knicks preseason vs lottery teams, coach Thibs will still keep trying to get scoring chemistry out of the trio Barrett, Fournier, and Randle if it takes 40 minute a game. Good Luck!
Fournier could become the Knicks high scorer in a transition lineup having D.Rose, Quickley, Fournier, Obi, Hart.

Hey Kiya, what about the Hunt kid who showed a lot of flash in his play.
Hunt seem to be around the ball when he was on the court. That the kind of player that need to bring some electricity to the offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey Kiya, what about the Hunt kid who showed a lot of flash in his play.
Hunt seem to be around the ball when he was on the court. That the kind of player that need to bring some electricity to the offense.

Player Hunt and all the rest of the players that were on the Knicks 2022 summer league team did not have the creative talent in their performance to be in a NBA teams 8 Man Rotation.
However, player Sims talent could fit well in a 9 Man Rotation, and Grimes & McBride could fit into a 10 Man Rotation alongside veteran players in their lineup.
The Knicks final two summer league games I was expecting Hunt to step-up to a NBA level of ball to help out the young back court of McBride & Grimes, which he never did.

Recall the Knicks 2020-21 season when SG Burks became SF Bullocks backup at the SF spot when D.Rose arrived, because Knox on court kept looking at the ball instead of playing the ball on offense/defense. It worked well in the regular season, but not in a 7 game series vs 6.6 to 6.8 SG & SF (Bogdanovic, Hunter, Huerter, and Gallo).

The Knicks only had one decent SF (Reggie Bullock) on the 2020-21 roster ..
And Leon Rose let him go in FA, and waited till 30 games into the season to replace Bullock with a injury-prone Cam Reddish.
In the 2022 offseason Leon Rose has not replace Bullock's services at the SF spot.
Giving Barrett a 4 yr extension will not force Barrett to step-up his performance throughout the final season of his contract. Plus Leon Rose will have Barrett average 30 or more minute a game in Thibs rotation at the SF spot.

mafra

Legend
A look at the 8 ?Offensive Musts? for the Knicks this season:
1. Pace
2. Space
3. Play Off the Pass
4. Move Without the Ball
5. Attack the Rim
6. Offensive Execution
7. Value Shot
8. Offensive Rebound

This is what Thibbs had written in the instruction board

Kiyaman

Legend
A look at the 8 ?Offensive Musts? for the Knicks this season:
1. Pace
2. Space
3. Play Off the Pass
4. Move Without the Ball
5. Attack the Rim
6. Offensive Execution
7. Value Shot
8. Offensive Rebound

This is what Thibbs had written in the instruction board

Same type a list coach Isiah Thomas gave the players for offense ..
Add Ball-movement, and the many ways to get ball-movement (passing instead of dribbling).
No defensive list !!!

Player Hunt and all the rest of the players that were on the Knicks 2022 summer league team did not have the creative talent in their performance to be in a NBA teams 8 Man Rotation.
However, player Sims talent could fit well in a 9 Man Rotation, and Grimes & McBride could fit into a 10 Man Rotation alongside veteran players in their lineup.
The Knicks final two summer league games I was expecting Hunt to step-up to a NBA level of ball to help out the young back court of McBride & Grimes, which he never did.

Recall the Knicks 2020-21 season when SG Burks became SF Bullocks backup at the SF spot when D.Rose arrived, because Knox on court kept looking at the ball instead of playing the ball on offense/defense. It worked well in the regular season, but not in a 7 game series vs 6.6 to 6.8 SG & SF (Bogdanovic, Hunter, Huerter, and Gallo).

The Knicks only had one decent SF (Reggie Bullock) on the 2020-21 roster ..
And Leon Rose let him go in FA, and waited till 30 games into the season to replace Bullock with a injury-prone Cam Reddish.
In the 2022 offseason Leon Rose has not replace Bullock's services at the SF spot.
Giving Barrett a 4 yr extension will not force Barrett to step-up his performance throughout the final season of his contract. Plus Leon Rose will have Barrett average 30 or more minute a game in Thibs rotation at the SF spot.

There is nobody in the 8-man rotation that has creative talent!!?
So not sure why Hunt having a nose for the ball wouldn?t be an improvement of what is existing.
Outside of Randle there isn?t much value on this team especially with Burks gone.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is nobody in the 8-man rotation that has creative talent!!?
So not sure why Hunt having a nose for the ball wouldn?t be an improvement of what is existing.
Outside of Randle there isn?t much value on this team especially with Burks gone.

Knicks fans wanted to start Quickley at PG during his rookie season, because of Quickley's creativeness in his handle & passing-skills, before we traded for D.Rose.
Plus D.Rose have Quickley playing at the PG when the two are in the same lineup, this way D.Rose creativeness could score as the SG.
Kentucky did well having Quickley & Maxey creativeness in their backcourt as combo-guards.

The Knicks roster will need Thibs to run a 10 Man rotation the first 41 games of the season to have a .500 record going into midseason. If not, the Knicks will have a repeat of last season.
Alot of Knicks fans on twitter & facebook want Grimes to start instead of Fournier.
What do u think?
I'm hoping Cam Reddish are put in D.Rose, Quickley, Cam, Obi, and Hart bench lineup instead of Grimes.

Knicks fans wanted to start Quickley at PG during his rookie season, because of Quickley's creativeness in his handle & passing-skills, before we traded for D.Rose.
Plus D.Rose have Quickley playing at the PG when the two are in the same lineup, this way D.Rose creativeness could score as the SG.
Kentucky did well having Quickley & Maxey creativeness in their backcourt as combo-guards.

The Knicks roster will need Thibs to run a 10 Man rotation the first 41 games of the season to have a .500 record going into midseason. If not, the Knicks will have a repeat of last season.
Alot of Knicks fans on twitter & facebook want Grimes to start instead of Fournier.
What do u think?
I'm hoping Cam Reddish are put in D.Rose, Quickley, Cam, Obi, and Hart bench lineup instead of Grimes.
I never saw any creativity with Q at the PG. Q was like a sandlot player thinking shooting the ball from 30 ft and beyond. Grimes and Q want to shoot the ball, period. Never saw either make anyone around them better. If there shot aren?t falling then nobody talks about what else they do well.
Find a place for Hunt with D.Rose, Obi and Sims.
A lot things have to go the Knicks way in order to have a decent season.
FLASH??
As a Knicks fan aren?t you tired of just a decent season.
What are you playing the season for??? A decent season!!

You know Kiya? we are talking more about the Hope for success of the second unit than the starting five. What does that say about the fanbase expectation for the starting five and the future?

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks starter and bench lineup has to stay a 10 man rotation until midseason for the players to get more confidence in their teammates and their lineup throughout the season.

In the 4 preseason games, the starter lineup performed well having Cam Reddish defense (terrible offensive player). Cam need to stick to defense and passing the ball to get more playing time minutes this season. It was noticeable in the last two preseason games how Brunson & Quickley had stop passing the ball to Cam's shoot-first talent.

Brunson performed well as a shoot-first PG in the preseason, I expected PG Brunson to double his assist performance in the 2nd Pacers game, combining for only 7 assist in both games.

Barrett's been working hard at becoming the teams top scorer ..
Fournier (Like H20) are a open catch n shoot top scorer ..

Randle & MitchRob have to start feeding each other down-low this season to become a low-post threat by midseason.

Hartenstein performance had its on and offs throughout each preseason game (He's new).
I will miss the famous pick n roll of Taj & D.Rose ....
The Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup are not as dynamic and ball-moving as last season lineup of D.Rose, Burks, Quickley, Obi, Taj/Sims.